|Full name||Xavier Ellis|
|Date of birth||28 February 1988|
|Original team(s)||Gippsland Power (TAC Cup)|
|Draft||No. 3 (PP), 2005 national draft|
|Height / weight||187cm / 80 kg|
|2014–2016||West Coast||34 (9)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2016.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Ellis was drafted by the Hawthorn Football Club with their first selection and third overall in the 2005 national draft. In 2006, he focused on completing his year tewlve studies and playing football for Melbourne Grammar, where he was co-captain of the 1st XVIII. His season was wrecked by injuries, but he managed to play several games for Hawthorn's VFL affiliate, the Box Hill Hawks.
He made his senior debut against the Brisbane Lions in round one, 2007 and scored his first goal in round four against Geelong at Aurora Stadium. His debut season saw him rewarded with the club's best first year player.
During the 2008 season, he played 23 matches, averaging 20 disposals. He played in the 2008 AFL Grand Final, where he amassed 28 disposals (the most on the ground) and helped his team defeat Geelong.
From 2009 to 2012, he was hampered by a string of injuries throughout this period. He missed most of the 2012 season, only managing to play five matches, including the 2012 grand final loss.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Niall, Jake (15 October 2013). "Xavier Ellis to sign with West Coast". The Age. Melbourne: Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 30 December 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- Australian Associated Press (30 September 2015). "AFL Grand Final: Xavier Ellis ready to fire for West Coast Eagles against former club". Perth Now. News Corp Australia. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Premiership Player Retires Over Instagram". Triple M. 9 August 2016. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- Writer, Staff. "Heidi & Xavier confirmed for hit92.9 Weekend Breakfast". www.radiotoday.com.au. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Xavier Ellis". AFL Tables. Retrieved 20 August 2014.