St. Xavier's College, Palayamkottai
|Motto||Veritate Lumen et Vita|
Light & Life through Truth
|Jesuit (Roman Catholic)|
|Rector||Rev.Dr.Thomas Alexander, S.J.|
|Principal||Rev.Dr.Britto Vincent , S.J.|
|Affiliations||Manonmaniam Sundaranar University|
St. Xavier's College, Palayamkottai, is a Jesuit college of arts and science affiliated to Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tamil Nadu, India. The school was founded in 1923 by Jesuit Fr. Jerome D'Souza (1897–1977).
The Bachelor of Arts degree (BA) is offered in English and economics, besides a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom). The Bachelor of Science (BSc) is offered in mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, botany, and zoology. The Master of Arts (MA) is offered in Tamil and folklore and communication, along with the Master of Commerce (M.Com). The Master of Science (MSc) is offered in mathematics, botany, and zoology. Part-time and full-time programmes award the Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Tamil, mathematics, and zoology. The doctorate (PhD) is offered in Tamil, English, folklore and communication, commerce, mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, botany, and zoology.
"Sciencia Acta Xaveriana" (SAX) is an international research journal of basic and applied sciences which publishes original research papers, review articles, book reviews, and dissertation abstracts in the various areas of science. It has been published twice annually since 2010.
The College has an active Alumni Association. One of its projects is the medical service extended to the students, the teaching community of the college, and the public in the area. It offers blood analysis and other tests also like electrocardiogram (ECG) at a reduced price.
- W. Selvamurthy: Former Chief controller of DRDO and current President of Amity University, Noida.
- S. Muthusamy: former Member of the Legislative Assembly; transport minister & health minister
- M. Arunachalam: former Member of Parliament
- V. Gopalsamy (Vaiko): founder Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam political party
- S. Peter Alphonse: Member of Legislative Assembly
- Thalavai Sundaram Pillai: former Member of the Legislative Assembly
- S.A. Chandrasekhar: Indian film director, producer, and writer
- En. H. Racamani: scholar, writer of 79 books in Tamil
Xavier Institute of Business Administration
|Xavier Institute of Business Administration|
|Rector||Dr. Danis Ponniah, SJ|
|Director||Dr. S. Arockiasamy, SJ|
|Principal||Dr. V. Gilburt Camillus, SJ|
|Campus||Urban, Xavier College|
|Publication||XIBA Business Review |
|Affiliation||Manonmaniam Sundaranar University|
Xavier Institute of Business Administration (XIBA) was started in August 2012 as the Department of Master of Business Administration, affiliated to Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, and approved by AICTE. XIBA offers a two years Master's programme (MBA).
The academic programme consists of 4 semesters spread over two years. First year courses cover basics of finance and accounting, marketing, organizational behaviour, communication skills, production, and quantitative techniques. In addition each student studies French or Hindi. The first summer is spent in a six to eight week internship, which concludes with both written and oral reports. The internship programme begins with weekly projects in a place close to the institute. Later, summer internship gives a longer stay in an industry for a deeper learning experience.
The second year involves specialization in two core areas of management such as finance, marketing, and human resource management.
XIBA also hosts about a dozen active clubs of a professional, social, or religious nature.
There is also a post-graduate department of business studies. The Institute publishes the XIBA Business Review.
- Esmet. "St.Xavier's College, Palayamkottai". www.stxavierstn.edu.in. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "St.Xavier's College, Palayamkottai". Retrieved 28 Jan 2016.
- Sundaram, V. Lawrence; Gujarat Sahitya Prakash (Ananda, India), A great Indian Jesuit, Fr. Jerome D'Souza, 1897-1977: priest, educationist, and statesman, Pub: Gujarat Sahitya Prakash, 1986.
- "Journal: Sciencia Acta Xaveriana". oaji.net. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- XIBA Business Review. Accessed 1 June 2016.
- XIBA. "XAVIER INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION(XIBA)| XIBA | XIBA SXC | St.Xavier's College". www.xibasxc.com. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- Correspondent, Our (2013-12-09). "'Positive attitude is necessary for success in life'". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2017-10-15.