Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
|Jesuit (Roman Catholic)|
|Director||Fr. Paul Fernandes, S.J., Ph.D|
|Postgraduates||360 (Flagship MBA BM)|
|Location||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
|Campus||Urban, 20 acres, 1600 x 545 sq ft|
Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) is a premier business school in India, located in Bhubaneswar the capital of the eastern Indian state of Odisha. It is managed by a board of governors consisting of representatives of the governments of India and Odisha, the Society of Jesus (Jesuits), industrialists, and educators. The school was founded in 1987 under what the parties called a 'social contract' between the Government of Odisha and the Jesuits in Odisha. It has consistently been ranked among the best management institutes in India and is one of the 'Big-Three' in eastern India, along with IIM Calcutta and XLRI Jamshedpur. Each batch at XIMB has a good mix of students from the country's top institutes such as the IITs, NITs, and BITS Pilani. The institute is known to carry out research and development activities regularly in collaboration with government departments in the state. It is also the Centre of Excellence in Fiscal Policy and Taxation (CEFT) set up the the state government. Admission is through the XAT and CAT examinations. XAT is written by close to 100,000 candidates every year competing for 360 seats each at XLRI and XIMB, thus making it one of the toughest entrance examinations in the country. CAT on the other hand is written by around 200,000 candidates out of which the top 2 percentile on average get a final call from the institute. 
The Director of XIMB is Fr. Paul Fernandes, S.J. and Prof. Biswa Swarup Misra is the Academic Dean. The Chairman of the Board of Governors is Shri Rajive Kaul (Chairman, NICCO Corporation Ltd.). Other members include Shri Bijaya Kumar Patnaik (Chief Secretary, Government of Odisha), Shri J. P. Dua (CMD, Allahabad Bank), Shri Roopen Roy (M.D., Deloitte & Touche Consulting India Pvt. Ltd.), and Shri B. L. Bagra (CMD, National Aluminium Company Limited).
The academic programmes offered by XIMB are based on the standard model of management education practised globally. Under the academic curriculum of Xavier University, XIMB awards MBA degrees for various postgraduate programmes and PhD degrees for doctoral programmes. XIMB Bhubaneswar has started the admission process for the academic year 2016-18 to different MBA programmes.
Currently, XIMB offers the following academic programmes:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA-BM) - The flagship course
- Executive Master's degree Programme in Business Management (Executive MBA)
- Master's degree Programme in Global Management and Leadership (MBA-Global)
- Integrated Doctoral Programme in Management ( MBA&PhD (Integrated PhD) )
- Doctoral Programme in Management (PhD)
The school's curriculum is research-based and faculty is involved in research in a number of areas.
XIMB engages in international exchange of faculty and students with the following institutions:
- University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB), Cape Town, Republic of South Africa
- Skarbek Graduate School of Business Economics, Warsaw, Poland
- KEDGE Business School, Bordeaux and Marseille, France
- Reims Management School, Reims, France
- Antwerp Management School, Antwerpen, Belgium
- Fordham University, New York, USA
- Sellinger School of Business and Management, Loyola College of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Facultad de Economia – IQS, Barcelona, Spain
- Kyiv Investment Management Institute, Ukraine
- College of Management Law & Languages, Siauliai, Lithuania
- HHL-Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Leipzig, Germany
- IÉSEG School of Management, Lille – Paris, France
- Eastern Michigan University, Michigan, USA
- Warsaw School of Economics, Warsaw, Poland
A Team of PGDM second year students from XIMB reached 4th place in the Rubicon International Business Case contest held in 2006 in Iserlohn, Germany. The team was the sole Asian finalist.
Research centres at XIMB include:
- CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) – XIMB Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Development Research and Training
- Centre for Case Research
- Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Utility Regulation Research Centre
- Centre for Development of Small and Micro Enterprises
- Centre for Healthcare Management
- Team Orissa Project Advisory Centre (TOPAX) 
- Centre for Resettlement and Rehabilitation and Corporate Social Responsibility
Accreditation & rankings
XIMB has been granted the South Asian Quality Assurance Systems (SAQS) accreditation by the Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA). XIMB has been awarded the NBA Accreditation by the National Board of Accreditation from March 2009 for a period of 5 years for PGDM, 3 years for PGDM-RM, and 3 years for PGDM-PT. XIMB has applied for AACSB accreditation.
Various rankings for XIMB over the years:
- 10th by Business World, 2011 and 2012
- among Super League 1 by AIMA 
- 2nd in Academic Excellence in the Outlook Management B-School Survey 2011
- 4th among top 10 Pvt. B-Schools in India in CNBC TV 18-C fore B-school survey 2011
- 5th in Personality development & Industry exposure in the Outlook Management B-School Survey 2011
- 7th across India in the Indian Management Best Business School Survey 2011
- 8th in infrastructure and Facility in the Outlook Management B-School Survey 2011
- 9th among top 15 B Schools of Super Excellence in CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2011
- 13th rank in the India's Best B-School ranking done by "OUTLOOK-MDRA SURVEY-2011" 
- 6th rank in Careers360 Magazine's Top Private B-Schools in India 2015.
- Academic Block: XIMB has four administrative and academic buildings. The new academic block has a board room, conference room, and examination hall; all classrooms are air-conditioned and equipped with audio-video systems, overhead projectors, computers, and wireless hotspots.
- Library: The three-storied library has a collection of printed and electronic resources which includes books, journals, working papers, audiovisual resources, dissertations, annual reports of corporate houses, volumes of periodicals, and international online databases on Management Development studies and related topics.
- Residence: Students are required to reside on campus, in separate residences for men and women. All the rooms are Wi-Fi enabled and the hostels have laser printing and Xerox facilities. The Studio apartment building has 113 furnished apartments for students, faculty, and visiting professionals.
- Auditorium: This is air conditioned and has a seating capacity of approximately 850.
- Sports: There are two floodlit tennis courts and a basketball court, indoor badminton court, volleyball court, jogging track, and facilities for indoor sports for students and faculty. The institute also has a multipurpose gymnasium open 24/7.
- Extension of campus: XIMB will start its first campus in Puri district to be named Xavier’s University, followed by two more campuses in Sambalpur and Balangir districts. The first campus in Pipli, Puri, will be on 35 acres, whereas the Sambalpur and Balangir campuses will be built on 25 acres and 15 acres, respectively. Xavier’s University will offer both undergraduate and post-graduate programmes in areas such as environmental management, microfinance, healthcare management, and disaster management.
There are a number of student committees for the Institute and for student life. The Student Executive Council (SEC) is made up of students; it handles and controls all student activities and various committees.
XIMB has four core committees:
Apart from this, there a number of functional committees:
There are also a number of Interest committees, which include:
- XQuizzite: The Quizzing Society
- Spicmacay: Society for Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Culture Among Youth
- XPRESSIONS: The annual inter-B-school meet
- SRC: Social Responsibility Cell, XIMB
- XStage: The Cultural Club
- SportsCom: The Sports Committee of XIMB
- XSEED: The Entrepreneurship Development Cell, XIMB
Business and cultural events include "Xpressions", an annual business strategy games festival organised by the students of XIMB. Xpressions 2011 included appearances from Lucky Ali, Jagjit Singh, Euphoria, and Jal.
"Celeblitz" is a celebrity night.
This three-day interactive session organised by X–Fin (the Finance Club), MAXIM (The Marketing Association), and XOps (the Operations Team) draws on experts from throughout India to share their views, experiences, and ideas with the students. It works towards increasing the awareness, interest, and practical knowledge of the students.
ANNUAL ALUMNI MEET
Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, hosted the annual alumni meet called “Sanidhya”, in Bhubaneswar on Sunday the 4th October 2015.
- "Agents of Social Change".
- "The element of compassion".
- "Registration for academic programmes".
- "Academic programmes at XIMB and XUB".
- "XIMB Bhubaneswar: admission process for MBA 2016-18 begins; will organize X-GMAT on Jan 10".
- "XIM, Bhubaneswar announces MBA admission process 2016".
- "Research and Publications - XIMB".
- "International Exchange at XIMB".
- "Rubicon Winners in Iserlohn, Germany". 10 January 2007.
- "Research centres at XIMB".
- "IPICOL, XIMB to set up Project Advisory Centre". 7 July 2008.
- "Quality Badge for XIMB". The Times Of India. 30 July 2008.
- "XIMB Gets SAQS Accredition". 30 July 2008.
- "NBA Accreditation for XIMB". 9 April 2009.
- "a membership for XIMB". 28 August 2008.
- "Rankings of XIMB".
- "Business world - Overall Ranking-2012".
- "IndianManagement - AIMA".
- "Ranking of XIMB".
- Top Private B-Schools in India 2015
- "XIMB to open university, partially bypass AICTE". 28 April 2007.
- "Students - XIMB".
- "The element of compassion". 29 May 2012.
- "XIMB's biggest event Xpressions kicks off". 2 November 2007.
- "XIMB hosts business conclave".
- "XIMAHR organizes HR Summit".
- "XIMB hosted Annual Alumni Meet, Sanidhya at Bhubaneswar".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar.|