Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
|Motto||To inspire futures with compassion, integrity and excellence|
|Type||Jesuit Business school|
|Fr. Dr. S.J. Paul|
|360 postgrad, 60 PhD|
|Urban, 20 acres|
|Affiliations||Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
India & Odisha governments
Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) is a business school located in Bhubaneswar, the capital of the eastern Indian state of Odisha. It is governed by the Government of India, the Government of Odisha, and the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). The school was founded in 1987 under what the parties called a 'social contract' between the Government of Odisha and the Jesuits in Odisha. The institute is known to carry out research and development activities regularly in collaboration with government departments in the state. It is also the Centre of Excellence in Fiscal Policy and Taxation (CEFT) set up by the state government. Admission is through the XAT, GMAT, X-GMT and CAT examinations.
Currently, XIMB-XUB offers the following academic programmes:
- Master of Business Administration – Business Management (MBA-BM)
- Master of Business Administration – Rural Management (MBA-RM)
- Master of Business Administration – Human Resource Management (MBA-HRM)
- Master of Business Administration – Urban Management & Governance(MBA-UMG)
- Master of Business Administration - Sustainablity Management(MBA-SM)
- Executive master's degree Programme in Business Management (Executive MBA)
- Master's degree Programme in Global Management and Leadership (MBA-Global)
- Integrated Doctoral Programme in Management ( MBA&PhD (Integrated PhD) )
- Doctoral Programme in Management (PhD)
The school's curriculum is research-based and the faculty does research in several areas.
XIMB engages in international exchange of faculty and students with the following institutions:
- University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB), Cape Town, Republic of South Africa
- Skarbek Graduate School of Business Economics, Warsaw, Poland
- KEDGE Business School, Bordeaux and Marseille, France
- Reims Management School, Reims, France
- Antwerp Management School, Antwerpen, Belgium
- Fordham University, New York, USA
- Sellinger School of Business and Management, Loyola College of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Facultad de Economia – IQS, Barcelona, Spain
- Kyiv Investment Management Institute, Ukraine
- College of Management Law & Languages, Siauliai, Lithuania
- HHL-Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Leipzig, Germany
- IÉSEG School of Management, Lille – Paris, France
- Eastern Michigan University, Michigan, USA
- Warsaw School of Economics, Warsaw, Poland
A Team of PGDM second year students from XIMB reached 4th place in the Rubicon International Business Case contest held in 2006 in Iserlohn, Germany. The team was the sole Asian finalist.
Research centres at XIMB include:
- CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) – XIMB Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Development Research and Training
- Centre for Case Research
- Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Utility Regulation Research Centre
- Centre for Development of Small and Micro Enterprises
- Centre for Healthcare Management
- Team Orissa Project Advisory Centre (TOPAX) 
- Centre for Resettlement and Rehabilitation and Corporate Social Responsibility
XIMB publishes five journals: Vilakshan, Journal of Case Research, Journal of Research Practice (JRP), Research World, and International Journal of Development and Social Research (IJDSR).
Accreditation & rankings
|Business – India|
XIMB has been granted the South Asian Quality Assurance Systems (SAQS) accreditation by the Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA) and the NBA Accreditation by the National Board of Accreditation from March 2009 for a period of 5 years for PGDM, 3 years for PGDM-RM, and 3 years for PGDM-PT. XIMB has applied for AACSB accreditation.
Various rankings for XIMB over the years:
- 5th Best Private B-School in Outlook Magazine's ranking of India's Best B-Schools in 2015.
- 6th rank in Careers360's Top Private B-Schools in India 2017.
- 8th rank in Outlook Magazine's ranking of India's Best B-Schools with respect to 'Placements' in 2015.
- 11th rank in Outlook Magazine's ranking of India's Best B-Schools in 2015.
- 14th in Business Today's Best Business Schools in India Full Rankings 2015.
- 13th in Business Today's Best Business Schools in India Full Rankings 2014.
- 14th rank in Outlook Magazine's ranking of India's Best B-Schools in 2014.
- 16th in Business Today's Best Business Schools in India Full Rankings 2013.
- 10th by Business World, 2011 and 2012
- among Super League 1 by AIMA 
- 2nd in Academic Excellence in the Outlook Management B-School Survey 2011
- 4th among top 10 Pvt. B-Schools in India in CNBC TV 18-C fore B-school survey 2011
- 5th in Personality development & Industry exposure in the Outlook Management B-School Survey 2011
- 7th across India in the Indian Management Best Business School Survey 2011
- 8th in infrastructure and Facility in the Outlook Management B-School Survey 2011
- 9th among top 15 B Schools of Super Excellence in CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2011
- 13th rank in the India's Best B-School ranking done by "OUTLOOK-MDRA SURVEY-2011" 
- Academic Block: XIMB has four administrative and academic buildings. The new academic block has a board room, conference room, and examination hall; all classrooms are air-conditioned and equipped with audio-video systems, overhead projectors, computers, and wireless hotspots. The auditorium seats 850 and is a venue for conventions and high-level forums.
- Library: The three-storied library has a collection of printed and electronic resources which includes books, journals, working papers, audiovisual resources, dissertations, annual reports of corporate houses, volumes of periodicals, and international online databases on management development studies and related topics.
- Residence: Students are required to reside on campus, in separate residences for men and women, with Wi-Fi throughout. The Studio apartment building has 113 furnished apartments for students, faculty, and visiting professionals.
- Sports: There are two floodlit tennis courts and a basketball court, indoor badminton court, volleyball court, jogging track, and facilities for indoor sports for students and faculty. The institute also has a multipurpose gymnasium open 24/7.
- Extension of campus: XIMB will start its first campus in Puri district to be named Xavier University, followed by two more campuses in Sambalpur and Balangir districts. The first campus in Pipli, Puri, will be on 35 acres, whereas the Sambalpur and Balangir campuses will be built on 25 acres and 15 acres, respectively. Xavier University will offer both undergraduate and post-graduate programmes in areas such as environmental management, microfinance, healthcare management, and disaster management.
- Virtual classroom: XIMB's virtual classroom program reaches 100 cities.
There are a number of student committees for the Institute and for student life. The Student Executive Council (SEC) is made up of students; it handles and controls all student activities and various committees.
XIMB has four core committees:
Apart from this, there a number of functional committees:
There are also a number of Interest committees, which include:
- SpeakUp: The Oratory Club
- XQuizzite: The Quizzing Society
- Spicmacay: Society for Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Culture Among Youth
- XPRESSIONS: The annual inter-B-school meet
- SRC: Social Responsibility Cell, XIMB
- XStage: The Cultural Club
- SportsCom: The Sports Committee of XIMB
- XSEED: The Entrepreneurship Development Cell, XIMB
- X-Lens: The Photography Committee of XIMB
Business and cultural events include "Xpressions", an annual business strategy games festival organised by the students of XIMB. Xpressions 2011 included appearances from Lucky Ali, Jagjit Singh, Euphoria, and Jal.
"Celeblitz" is a celebrity night.
This three-day interactive session organised by X–Fin (the Finance Club), MAXIM (The Marketing Association), XIMAHR (The HR Association of XIMB), IlluminatiX (The Media & PR Cell), RMAX (The Rural Management Association) and XOps (the Operations Team) draws on experts from throughout India to share their views, experiences, and ideas with the students. It works towards increasing the awareness, interest, and practical knowledge of the students.
- Business Standard via SIFY on training postmen. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- Economic Times on global nexus. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- SIFY Finance on graduates. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- "Registration for academic programmes".
- "Academic programmes at XIMB and XUB".
- Economic Times on 100% placement. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- India Today on XIMB placement. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- Business Standard via SIFY on new program. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- Economnic Times news on PhD program. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- "Research and Publications - XIMB".
- "International Exchange at XIMB".
- "Rubicon Winners in Iserlohn, Germany". 10 January 2007.
- "Research centres at XIMB".
- Economic Times on CII. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- "IPICOL, XIMB to set up Project Advisory Centre". 7 July 2008.
- Business Standard via SIFY on R&R and CSR. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- 5 journals. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- "Top Business Colleges in India 2017". Careers360.
- "Quality Badge for XIMB". The Times Of India. 30 July 2008.
- "XIMB Gets SAQS Accredition". 30 July 2008. Archived from the original on 5 July 2009.
- "NBA Accreditation for XIMB". 9 April 2009. Archived from the original on 17 April 2009.
- "a membership for XIMB". 28 August 2008.
- "Rankings of XIMB". Archived from the original on 9 October 2012.
- "Business world - Overall Ranking-2012".
- "IndianManagement - AIMA".
- "Ranking of XIMB". Archived from the original on 9 October 2012.
- Economic Times on convention. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- Business Standard via SIFY on UNICEF forum on sustainablility. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- Business Standard via SIFY on new campuses. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- "XIMB to open university, partially bypass AICTE". 28 April 2007.
- Economic Times on virtual classroom. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- "Students - XIMB".
- Economic Times on committees. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- "The element of compassion". 29 May 2012.
- "SpeakUp FB page".
- Business Standard via SIFY on XPRESSIONS. Accessed 2 June 2016.
- "XIMB's biggest event Xpressions kicks off". 2 November 2007.
- "XIMB hosts business conclave".
- "XIMAHR organizes HR Summit".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar.|