||This biography of a living person includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
2 December 1981 |
San Miguel de Tucumán, Tucumán, Argentina
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal, rock, blues, acoustic, electronica, reggae, punk, pop, funk, Bossa, and others|
|Occupation(s)||Rock instrumentalist, musician, producer, audio/video recording, teacher|
|Instruments||Electric guitar, acoustic guitar|
|Associated acts||Seliger, Cossas Novas, AV, Orquesta Sinfónica de la UNT|
Xavier Moyano (born December 2, 1981) is an Argentine musician; producer, performer, composer, and teacher. He began his career as a session guitarist in Tucumán in 1999 and by 2003 was the guitarist for rock/pop band AVe Cesar until 2008, after which he became a solo rock instrumentalist. He is currently a session musician and is a guitarist and producer of Cossas Novas (Bossa / Fusion and Latin-Jazz).
Xavier has taken his Art to more than ninety cities in nine countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Paraguay and Uruguay), and gives guitar clinics and class at conservatories, academies, institutes, and schools of music throughout South America.
- 1 Notable performances
- 2 On tour
- 3 Inspiration
- 4 Endorsements
- 5 Influences
- 6 Gear
- 7 Discography & Music Works (LP's, EP's, singles, videos, and participations)
- 8 References
- 9 External links
He's performed with Pablo Soler (Buenos Aires) on several occasions, and in 2009 he performed with Carina Alfie (Buenos Aires) in the NOA (Tucuman, Salta and Santiago). He's been part of several South American Guitar Masters tours in 2004, 2006 and 2007 along with Marcos DeRos (Brazil), and participated in the S3 Ibero American Guitar Fest in 2008 with Manuel Seoane (Spain). Xavier also performed in the Guitar Fest Buenos Aires '09  along with eleven other guitarists from Colombia, Korea, and Argentina.
Xavier was the guitarist and producer of rock/pop band AVe Cesar (2003–2008) with whom he participated in the Cosquin Rock and Tucuman Rock Festival, sharing the stage with Bersuit, Los Piojos, Luis Alberto Spinetta, León Gieco, Intoxicados, Kapanga, Carajo, Viticus, NoTeVaGustar (Uruguay), and many others. He then played in the NOA with La Renga in three cities (Tucuman, Catamarca and Salta), and then opened for the British band Motörhead in Córdoba.
In March 2006, Xavier He celebrated 100 scenarios, was part of the huge SAGM music celebration with Marcos DeRos (Brazil) & Pablo Soler (Buenos Aires). The celebration ended with Moyano and many other musicians jamming on stage together, performing the song "Rockin' in the Free World".
In September 2009 he was invited by the University of Tucuman Symphony Orchestra to participate in the Concierto Pop de Primavera with music from movies, there were four shows at Teatro Alberdi and one in Concepción. In November 2009 he participated in "Adagio", a Lyric/Musical show of the Symphony Orchestra's baritone, performing The Phantom of the Opera, "Music ", "Adaggio" and Roxanne tango version of the movie Moulin Rouge' .
In December 2009 plays in "Seliger" Metal band, in Buenos Aires, Argentina opening show for "ANGRA" (Brasil).
In October 2010 XM with Seliger performed with Sonata Arctica (Finland) in Buenos Aires Argentina, and play in Rosario (Santa Fé, Arg); Montevideo, Uruguay ; and in December he shared the stage with Gilby Clarke (ex- Guns N' Roses) in La Paz, Bolivia.
In 2011 play with Seliger in Buenos Aires, Argentina (Teatro Flores) he shared the stage with Blind Guardian (Germany).
In 2012 South America Guitar Tour in Argentina, Bolivia, Chile and Perú. play with Bluecifer (Chile) in Lima, Peru in C.C. Real Plaza, They opened the show of the legendary Swedish band "Europe"; In 2013 play in La Paz (Bolivia), Iquique (Chile), Mendoza and Tucuman (Argentina).
In 2014 he recorded the album "Versions", with "Cossas Novas" in Chile; classic hits work in versions Bossa, Fusion and Latin-Rock. They made a tour South America, visiting different cities in Chile, Bolivia and Argentina. In 2015 they toured the Pacific Coasts (Chile / Peru / Ecuador), with shows and performances in restaurants, pubs, hotels, and other various events. In 2016, play in July in Sanchez Aguilar Theater in Guayaquil, Ecuador, with "Latinoamericanto" (Latin American Music Show) with "Arpa de América" group; in October play in "Feria de Guayaquil" (Ecuador).
X. M. Rock Instrumental Show went on the road to Bolivia in 2007 where he performed many concerts and gave guitar clinics in the cities of Cochabamba, La Paz and Tarija. He ended the tour in Tartagal and Salta, Argentina.
In 2008 he again toured, playing live and giving guitar clinics in various countries and cities. Argentina: Tucuman, Salta, Cafayate, Santiago del Estero, Jujuy, Buenos Aires, La Plata, Formosa. Paraguay: Asunción. Bolivia: La Paz, Cochabamba, Sucre, Potosí, Santa Cruz, Oruro, and Tarija.
In December 2009, Moyano made his debut with the band Seliger from Buenos Aires. They performed in El Teatro Flores with Angra (Brazil), with Shaman's singer Thiago Bianchi (Brazil) and guest Elodia Agostini (Italy). Seliger is currently preparing its first album which will feature international guests Kupainen Matias (Stratovarius), Rafael Bittencourt (Angra), and many others.
In 2010, Moyano played the cities of Tucuman, Formosa, Chaco, Lules, Tartagal, Catamarca, Salta, La Plata, Santa Fé, and Buenos Aires in Argentina. He also toured Bolivia extensively and played in the cities of Santa Cruz, Cochabamba, Sucre, La Paz, Montero, Potosi, Yotala, Oruro, El Alto, Atocha, Villazon, and Copacabana. Xavier also had the opportunity to perform with Seliger in Montevideo Uruguay, and as soloist also crossed into Peru to play in the cities of Puno and Cusco. He ended the year with a performance in his home town of Tucuman Argentina.
In 2011 he has had presentations in: Tucuman: SMdeTucuman, San Pedro, Monteros; Campo Quijano, Salta, guest of Gauchos de Acero in: "Lucha Criolla" and "Smoke on the Water" (Deep Purple); In June, a South American tour: Chile: Antofagasta and Iquique; Bolivia: Cochabamba, Oruro and La Paz; Peru: Puno and Arequipa and returns to Argentina; This year his music went to Spain to be part of the presentation of the video series of extreme sports Free Style HD "We Are Family", produced by Boston Enjoy Productions in Barcelona. Xavier other work, is recording and editing audio & video.
between December 2013 and June 2014 recorded the album "Cossas Novas" in Iquique, Chile. In 2014 they made a tour in South America, in different cities of Chile, Bolivia and Argentina; In 2015: "Cossas Novas" South American Pacific Coasts Tour (Chile / Peru / Ecuador), with live shows in restaurants, pubs, hotels and events in general. 2016: Play in Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Bolivia, Argentina and Colombia.
With his instrumental music, Xavier tries to convey a positive message and share good vibes. He's an activist for peace and has performed in several benefit concerts supporting human rights and animal rights, and against violence, discrimination, and racism.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Ibanez RG 550 Ltd purple neon (Japan)
- Ibanez EX 350 with DiMarzio pickups (USA)
- Ibanez RG 350DX - white
- Parker MaxxFly PDF44V Gold
- Yamaha SG-1500 black (Japan)
- Yamaha Pacifica 1221M (Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Korea)
- B.C.Rich Warlock Revenge -black-
- Travel Guitar Cobra T36 (Raul Varela Luthier) design by XM & RVL
- Ibanez Talman Acoustic Series
- Jasmine by Takamine 12 strings (steel)
- Yamaha Classic with nylon strings (Japan)
- Wenstone GE-1600H + 1960A 4x12" (Argentina)
- Marshall Valvestate Head VS-100 RH (UK)
- Marshall 412B cabinet with Celestion (UK)
- Peavey ValveKing VK112 combo (inLaPaz,Bolivia)
- Wenstone BE3000H Cabezal + 1x15" EV (Argentina)
- Samson Expedition Express 360
- Line6 Floor POD
- Digitech Whammy II
- WahWah Jim Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95
- MST (Bolivia) "LaRataVieja" custom
- Behringer V-AMP 2 (2006–2010)
- ART SGX-2000 (valve rack) (2005–2007)
- DS Pickups (Argentina)
- DiMarzio (USA)
- KikeMol (Bolivia)
- Ernie Ball .09 (USA)
- Ernie Ball 2233 (Ac12)
- Magma .095 (Argentina)
- Proel & RockBag by Warwick
- Ernie Ball
- 0.69 mmm
- 1.5 mm
- 2 mm
Discography & Music Works (LP's, EP's, singles, videos, and participations)
2001, 2002 & 2003
- Judas – "Jerusalem" (heavy metal, trash) EP
- Xavier Moyano (instrumental) single
- Argón - entre penumbras (heavy metal) (s)
- Triunfal (power metal clásico) EP
- Templarium (power metal progresivo) EP
- Adrian Llovera – "Cuadros" (canciones, disco)
- AVe Cesar : "Rompeparedes" (hard rock) EP
2004 & 2005
- Reino Infame - "Cae El Sol" (rock, ska, punk) EP
- Ave Cesar – "Revolucion de Rock & Roll" (disco)
- R I S K – Project (heavy metal, rock, trash) EP
- KaDaNeK demo (power metal) single
- KRÜCK – "2005" demo (rock) EP
- G.X.Project (hard rock, soul, pop, baladas) EP
- AVe Cesar - "La Otra Parte De Mi" (rock) (s)
- Adrian Llovera – "Bajo La Lluvia" (rock) EP
- Malas Noticias – "Nunca Voy A Madurar" (punk rock) (s)
- Initial Gravity (metal progresivo instrumental) EP
- Harder – "Project" (hard rock) EP
- AVe Cesar – "Nueva Dimensión" (rock, pop) EP
- Xavier Moyano (Rock Instrumental) EP
- Linaje – "Lágrimas De Sangre" (pop, rock) single
- Furtivo – "Engranajes De Papel" (rock, punk) (s)
- Adrian Llovera – "Rojo Oscuro" (disco, rock) LP
- VITAL : "Personalidad" (disco, hard core–ñümetal) LP
- AVe Cesar – "New Dimension Rock Show" (AdelantoDVD)
2007 & 2008
- AVe Cesar – "New Dimension Rock Show" (DVD live)
- Ronald Villegas: "Primeros Pasos" – Sucre, Bolivia - EP&Video
- XM Rock Instrumental Bolivia Band : Kojudo Mosh (Rock, Metal)
- Orquesta Sinfónica UNT – "Concierto Pop" – (Vivo) – CD
- Adagio – "Espectáculo Lírico Musical" – (vivo)
- Seliger – Out Of The Dark (s) (metal)
- Ël Último Cocalero – La Paz, Bolivia (rock)
- Xavier Moyano - Espejismos - instrumental (s)
- DemianFanzine (La Rioja, Arg) (compilado)
- SELIGER ( Argentina | Brazil ) (EP - metal)
- Helen Fuentes - "Sentirte" - Bolivia
- El Show del fin del Mundo - DVD - ART
- "The Phantom of The Opera" - instrumental version · audio & video
- "Cossas Novas" : Bossa / Fusion / Latin-Rock (Argentina/Chile)
- Chicos del Parque : Festejoo (s) Malambo/Fusion (Ecuador)
- Nuestro Juramento (Bossa/Bolero) junto a El Arpa de América
- Latinoamericanto en vivo Teatro S.A. (Guayaquil, Ecuador)
- Tocate el Corazón : Los Delirantes (Arg+Bol) & Radio Soledad (Guatemala)
- "Carina Alfie - Guitar Inspiration Tour 2009". Alfiecarina.com.ar. 2009-02-09. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Ibero American Guitar Fest Tour 2008". Youtube.com. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Guitar Fest 2009 Buenos Aires - Rolling Stone Argentina - Agenda". Agenda.rollingstone.com.ar. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Biografia de AVe César - Rock.com.ar · El sitio del Rock en Argentina". Rock.com.ar. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "UNT - Secretaría de Extensión Universitaria, Orquesta Sinfónica". Orquestas.seunt.com.ar. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Xavier Moyano". Wenstone Amps. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Xavier Moyano". DS Pickups. 2009-12-20. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- El Periódico - "Entrevista a Xavier Moyano: “Alma y guitarra”" (Español)
- El Siglo - "Xavier Moyano emprende su gira por Latinoamérica" (Español)
- La Gaceta - "Xavier, el tucumano que anda abriendo puertas con su Guitarra" (Español)
- SugarBuzz Magazine - "Introducing Xavier Moyano: Argentina’s Best Kept Rock-n-Roll Secret" (US)
- MetalShock: Interview with Xavier Moyano – Let The Music Speak And Take You For A Journey… (Europe)
- WeAreFamily: StrikesAgain! FreeStyleMovie (HD): Xtreme Video in High Definition; Music: Xavier M. (Europe)
- Valladolid Web Musical - Xavier Moyano review - Spain (España, Junio 2008)