|Subsidiary of Microsoft Studios|
|Industry||Video game industry|
|Headquarters||Redmond, Washington, U.S.|
Launchworks, formerly Xbox Live Productions, is an American video game developer based in Redmond, Washington created internally by Microsoft Studios in 2008, in order to create "high quality digital content" for Xbox Live.
On January 30, 2008 Microsoft began hiring for Xbox Live Digitally Distributed Games (DDG) team, described as "a newly formed organization focused on digital distribution of games via Xbox Live Marketplace". Shortly after, internal studio Carbonated Games was disbanded on March 27, 2008, with some employees being folded into this new group.
In 2013 Xbox Live Productions was rebranded as Launchworks.
- South Park Scott Tenorman's Revenge — Xbox 360 (2012)
- South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play! — Xbox 360 (2009)
- Fable II Pub Games — Xbox 360 (2008)
Announced at Comic-Con 2008, the first original programming will be a series of free comedic short films, each less than ten minutes in length. The pilots will be directed by established horror film directors including James Wan, David Slade, James Gunn, Lucky McKee, and Marcus Nispel. The pilots will also be distributed via MSN and Zune Marketplace.
- Keiser, Joe (2008-05-22). "Exclusive Interview: MS to Delist XBLA Titles". Next-Gen.biz. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- "Xbox.com - XBLA Round Up". Xbox.com. Microsoft. 2008-07-14. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- Edery, David (2008-01-30). "Game Tycoon Blog Archive: Xbox Live Arcade is Looking for Producers". Game Tycoon. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- "Job Details - Microsoft Careers". Microsoft. 2008-01-25. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- Nicholson, Sara (2008-08-07). "Fable II : Pub Games - August 13th". Gamerscore Blog. Microsoft. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- "Microsoft to distribute films on Xbox Live; Sony studies options for PlayStation Network". The Dallas Morning News. 2008-07-26. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- "So Funny, It's Scary: Hollywood's Top Horror Directors to Bring Original Comedy Pilots to Xbox 360 This Fall" (Press release). Microsoft. 2008-07-23. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
|This article related to Microsoft is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|