|Directed by||Panos H. Koutras|
Panos H. Koutras
Panos H. Koutras
|Music by||Delaney Blue|
|Edited by||Yorgos Lamprinos|
Pyramide Distribution (France)
Xenia (Greek: Ξενία lit. xenia) is a 2014 drama film directed by Panos H. Koutras. It was selected to compete in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival, and in the Contemporary World Cinema section at the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival. It was the Greek entry for the Best Foreign Language Film award at the 88th Academy Awards but it was not nominated.
The film is about two brothers, Dany, 15, who is gay, and Odysseas (Ody), 18. Their mother, an Albanian singer, has recently died. Facing the threat of deportation, the brothers go on a road trip from Athens to Thessaloniki looking for their Greek father, and with him the possibility of gaining Greek citizenship. They are obsessed with the songs of the Italian singer Patty Pravo, and Ody, who has a good voice, plans to sing one of her songs in a talent contest.
- Kostas Nikouli as Dany
- Nikos Gelia as Odysseas
- Yannis Stankoglou as Lefteris
- Marissa Triandafyllidou as Vivi
- Aggelos Papadimitriou as Tassos
- Romanna Lobats as Maria-Sonia
- Patty Pravo as Patty Pravo
- Ioulios Tziatas as Moustafa
- List of submissions to the 88th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Greek submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "2014 Official Selection". Cannes. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "TIFF Adds 'Clouds of Sils Maria' and 'Two Days, One Night,' Reveals 5 More Lineups". Indiewire. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "'Xenia': Greece's Submission to the 2016 Academy Awards". Greek Reporter. 4 September 2015. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- Thompson, Anne (3 September 2015). "Foreign Oscar Submissions So Far". Indie Wire. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- Holden Stephen (11 October 2015) Xenia: a fraternal bond and a quest in The New York Times. Retrieved 30 June 2017
|This article about a drama film with a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender theme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|