|Edited by||Costas Ioannides|
- General xenobiochemistry, including in vitro studies concerned with the metabolism, disposition and excretion of drugs, and other xenobiotics, as well as the structure, function and regulation of associated enzymes
- Clinical pharmacokinetics and metabolism, covering the pharmacokinetics and absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of drugs and other xenobiotics in man.
- Animal pharmacokinetics and metabolism, covering the pharmacokinetics, and absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of drugs and other xenobiotics in animals.
- Pharmacogenetics, defined as the identification and functional characterisation of polymorphic genes that encode xenobiotic metabolising enzymes and transporters that may result in altered enzymatic, cellular and clinical responses to xenobiotics.
- Molecular toxicology, concerning the mechanisms of toxicity and the study of toxicology of xenobiotics at the molecular level.
- Topics in xenobiochemistry, in the form of reviews and commentaries are primarily intended to be a critical analysis of the issue, wherein the author offers opinions on the relevance of data or of a particular experimental approach or methodology.
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal received a 2014 impact factor of 2.199, ranking it 134th out of 254 journals in the category Pharmacology & Pharmacy and 50th out of 87 journals in the category Toxicology.
Abstracting and indexing
Xenobiotica is abstracted and indexed in Biochemistry and Biophysics Citation Index, BIOSIS, Chemical Abstracts; Current Contents/Life Science, EBSCO, Science Citation Index, PASCAL, SciSearch, Scopus, and Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Pharmacology & Pharmacy". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Toxicology". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
- "Costas Ioannides Homepage". surrey.ac.uk. Archived from the original on November 13, 2008. Retrieved 2009-03-16.