Xi'an Aircraft Industrial Corporation
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Number of employees
Xi'an Aircraft Industrial Corporation (simplified Chinese: 西安飞机工业; traditional Chinese: 西安飛機工業; pinyin: Xī'ān fēijī gōngyè), also known as Xi'an Aircraft Company Limited (XAC), is a Chinese aircraft manufacturer and developer of large and medium-sized airplanes. It is based in Yanliang District, Xi'an, Shaanxi Province. It is joint partners with 603rd Aircraft Design Institute of military aircraft. XAC was established in 1958 and has more than 20,000 employees.
Its key clients include the People's Liberation Army Naval Air Force and People's Liberation Army Air Force. Currently, it is a subsidiary of Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC). One of its own subsidiaries and a listed company is Xi'an Aircraft International Corporation (SZSE: 000768). It is responsible for the production of China's biggest internally manufactured military aircraft, the Xian Y-20.
- Xian MA60 turbo-prop airliner
- Xian MA600 turbo-prop airliner
- Xian MA700 turbo-prop airliner (in development)
- Xian H-20 strategic, heavy bomber; under development
- Xian H-7 strategic, heavy bomber (cancelled)
- Xian JH-7 Flying Leopard twin engine fighter-bomber. NATO codename "Flounder"
- Xian H-6 twin engine bomber - Chinese-upgraded variant of the Tupolev Tu-16 Badger
- Y-7H trainer based on Y-7-100
- ACAC ARJ21 Xiangfeng -wings and fuselage
- Yun-7 (Y-7) twin-engine turboprop transport
- Yun-14 (Y-14) twin-engine turboprop transport
- Xian Y-20 four-engine turbofan transport
- Xi'an Aero-Engine Corporation
- Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation
- Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group
- Aviation Industry Corporation of China
- ACAC consortium
- China Nanchang Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation
- Guizhou Aircraft Industry Co.
- Harbin Aircraft Industry Group
- Hongdu Aviation Industry Corporation
- Shanghai Aviation Industrial Company
- Shaanxi Aircraft Company
- Shenyang Aircraft Corporation
- People's Liberation Army Air Force
- Rajagopalan, Megha. "China military aircraft to see tech "breakthroughs" this year -Xinhua", Reuters, 8 March 2015. Accessed 18 December 2015.
- C-17 and A400M had a baby ... in China
- China’s New Freight Plane Extends Military Modernization Program