|Manufacturer||Xi'an Aircraft Industrial Corporation|
|Primary user||People's Liberation Army Air Force|
The Xian H-20 (Chinese: 轰-20; pinyin: Hōng-20; alternatively Xian H-X) is a subsonic stealth bomber design of the People's Liberation Army Air Force, due to enter service in the future. It is referred to as a strategic project by the People's Liberation Army.
The United States expects the H-20 to be able to carry nuclear weapons. The aircraft may enter service around 2025.
According to the China Daily, Chinese military officials have made clear intentions to develop a strategic bomber capable of striking targets beyond the second island chain without aerial refueling, while carrying a payload of at least 10 tons.
Aviation researcher Fu Qianshao stated that China's long-range bomber should have a range of at least 12,000 kilometers and 20 tons of payload capacity.
Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Franz-Stefan Gady (July 13, 2015). "China Wants to Develop a New Long-Range Strategic Bomber". The Diplomat.
- "China developing new strategic bomber - IHS Jane's 360". Archived from the original on 10 September 2016. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "China's Plans For New, Long-Range Bomber". Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- United States Department of Defense (16 May 2018). Annual Report To Congress: Military and Security Developments Involving the People’s Republic of China 2018 (PDF) (Report). p. 34. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "China needs long-range strategic bomber: state media". AFP. July 7, 2015.
- "China May Have Developed Long Range Bomber". www.defenseworld.net.
- "The PLA Air Force's "Silver-Bullet" Bomber Force | Jamestown". jamestown.org. Retrieved 2017-07-30.
|This article on a bomber aircraft is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|