Xianning Nuclear Power Plant
|Xianning Nuclear Power Plant|
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Location||Tongshan County, Xianning, Hubei|
|Owner(s)||Hubei Nuclear Power Co.|
|Nuclear power station|
|Reactor type||AP1000 Pressurized water reactor|
|Units planned||4 × 1250 MW|
The Xianning Nuclear Power Plant (Chinese: 咸宁核电站) is under construction in Dafanzhen, Tongshan County, Xianning, Hubei Province, China. It is planned to host at least four 1,250-megawatt (MW) AP1000 pressurized water reactors.
The plant is owned by Hubei Nuclear Power Company, a joint venture of China Guangdong Nuclear Power Group (CGNPC) and Hubei Energy Group Ltd. The cost of four AP1000 reactors is put at CNY 60 billion (US$8.8 billion). Work on the site began in 2010; the first reactor will start construction in 2011, and go online in 2015.
|Unit||Type||Construction start||Operation start||Notes|
The plant is described as the first nuclear power plant to be built in China's inland regions (i.e., not near the sea coast). The plant is expected to use the water of the Fushui Reservoir for cooling and various ancillary purposes.
There are no railways or navigable waterways within the station's vicinity. (The Fushui River is not navigable). In order to facilitate the delivery of heavy equipment (such as the reactor pressure vessels or electric generators) to the construction state, a major highway construction and upgrade project is being undertaken. The so-called Xianning Nuclear Plant Site Large Equipment Transport Road (咸宁核电厂大件运输公路) will connect the station's construction site with the Panjiawan Harbor (潘家湾港) on the Yangtze River in Jiayu County. The road, which will include sections of existing roadways as well as newly constructed sections, will be 102.1 km long. The road will include a newly constructed 366-m long, 9-m wide overpass over the Beijing–Guangzhou Railway, designed to carry loads of up to 930 tons.  
- Coordinates of Dafan town.
- "Hamon wins cooling towers order for Chinese nuclear power plant". Energy Business Review. Progressive Digital Media Group Plc. 11 January 2011.
- "Nuclear Power in China". Information Papers. World Nuclear Association (WNA). 6 January 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- 咸宁大畈核电公司专程洽商富水水库取水事项[permanent dead link] ("Xianning Dafan Nuclear Power company makes a special trip to negotiate Fushui Reservoir water use issues"), Fushui Reservoir Management Company, 2010-10-23
- Tall order for Hamon, 12 January 2011
- 咸宁核电厂大件运输公路跨京广铁路立交桥工程吊梁方案1[permanent dead link] (Scheme No. 1 for the installation of the columns of the overpass over the Beijing–Guangzhou Railway on the Xianning Nuclear Plant Site Large Equipment Transport Road)
- 咸宁核电厂大件运输公路上跨京广铁路线立交桥工程完成竣工验收 (The overpass over the Beijing–Guangzhou Railway on the Xianning Nuclear Plant Site Large Equipment Transport Road has been completed and passed the inspection), 2015-09-18
- 咸宁核电有限公司 (Xianning Nuclear Power Ltd.) (Chinese) - company's official site