Xiao Wen Ju
Xiao Wen Ju
Xiao Wen Ju, DKNY, 2011
Jū Xiǎowén / 雎晓雯
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
After gaining attention with her appearance on the cover of Harper's Bazaar China May 2010, which focused on Chinese models, Ju debuted in New York City at the Fall Honor show. In 2011 she walked for Shiatzy Chen, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Calvin Klein Jeans, DKNY, Emanuel Ungaro, Hermès, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Rochas and Thierry Mugler among others. In addition she was picked to be on Lane Crawford's F/W 11 campaign, along with other top Chinese models like Ming Xi and Shu Pei.
In 2012 she has walked for 3.1 Phillip Lim, DKNY, DSquared², Hermès, Jill Stuart, Jonathan Saunders, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Moschino Cheap & Chic and Tory Burch. She has done ad campaigns for Adidas, Dior, Kenzo, Lane Crawford and Marc Jacobs (becoming the first Chinese to front the designer's campaign). She has also appeared on the cover of Vogue China and Numero China (twice). At Tibi's F/W 12 show she mistakenly walked down the runway in the wrong direction. In 2015 she appeared on the cover of Vogue Italia.
As of July 2012 she was ranked number 22 on models.com's Top 50 female models list.
As of 2017, she was inducted into models.com's list of Industry Icons; a status reserved for models with high influence.
- "Unknown Asian Model Lands Marc Jacobs Spring Campaign". New York Magazine. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Xiao Wen Ju". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Harper's Bazaar China May 2010 Cover (also Xiao Wen Ju, Yan Lu)". Models.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Xiao Wen Ju". Models.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Runway Model Candy Fashion Weeks A/W 2012-13". Style Cartel. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Top 50 Models / Women". Models.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- Pop Culture in Asia Murray, J, A & K, M, Nadeau. 2016.
- "Xiao Wen Ju". models.com. Models.com.
- "Etihad Airways launches model diary of xiaowen at China international import expo". Thomson Reuters. 6 November 2018.