Xiaomi Mi A1
|Slogan||Created by Xiaomi, Powered by Google|
|Series||Mi, Android One|
|First released||September 2017|
|Successor||Xiaomi Mi A2 |
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
|Related||Xiaomi Redmi 4/4X/Note 4 |
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
|Mass||165 g (5.8 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 7.1.2 "Nougat", upgradable to Android 8.1 "Oreo", upgradable to Android 9.0 "Pie".|
|System on chip||Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625|
|CPU||Octa-core (8×2.0GHz Cortex-A53)|
|Removable storage||microSD, up to 128 GB|
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Ion 3080 mAh battery|
|Display||5.5 in (140 mm) LTPS LCD, 1080×1920 pixels, ~401 ppi, 16M colors|
|Rear camera||Dual 12 MP (26mm, f/2.2; 50mm, f/2.6), phase detection autofocus, 2× optical lossless zoom, dual-LED (dual tone) flash|
|Front camera||5 MP 1.25 µm/ 1.0 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama|
Mi A1 comes with a 5.5" touchscreen display with Full HD 1080p resolution, powered by a 3080 mAh battery. It measures 155.40 × 75.80 × 7.30 (height × width × thickness) and weighs 165.00 grams. The phone is powered by a 2.0 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor with 14 nm FinFET with Adreno 506 650 MHz GPU, and comes with 4GB of RAM. It has an internal storage of 32/64GB, and unique for the series, microSD card slot supporting up to 128GB cards. The rear camera on the Mi A1 is 12MP 1.25μm f/2.2 + 12MP 1.0 μm, f/2.6 shooter with auto focus and 2× optical lossless zoom, Two tone Flash and 5- Piece lens, it is capable of recording HD videos, the phone also has a 5MP 1.12μm, f/2 front camera. Sensors on the phone include compass magnetometer, proximity sensor, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, fingerprint sensor, Infrared and Hall Sensor
The Xiaomi Mi A1 ships with Android 7.1.2 Nougat and Update to Android 9.0 Pie is available. Besides Google software, the phone comes with Xiaomi's applications such as Camera, FeedBack, Mi Community and Mi Remote. The Mi A1 will receive OS upgrades for a minimum of two years. The Android Oreo update does not bring a project Treble functionality for device independent system updates. The device's kernel sources were released in January 2018, 4 months after its release.
The Xiaomi Mi A1 was unveiled on 5 September 2017 and it is available in all of Xiaomi's current markets, with the exception of the People's Republic of China, where Mi 5X MIUI based variant of the phone was released prior that year.
|Xiaomi Mi A1 availability|
|Asia Pacific||European Union||Rest of Europe||Middle East & Africa||America|
Xiaomi Mi A1 received mostly positive reviews. Sam Byford of The Verge described Mi A1's most distinct feature is its software that runs on stock Android and not on Xiaomi's MIUI layer. Sahil Gupta of TechRadar wrote that Mi A1's Android One certified experience along with tried and tested hardware, and dual camera capability gives you the premium feel under a budget.
The phone has been described as 'giving a resurgence' to the Android One program, being the first Android One phone to be sold worldwide, and the first Android One phone by a top-5 bestselling smartphone brand. It was also the first mid-range priced phone to feature a dual rear camera setup with a zoom lens.
This section's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (July 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Android Oreo update rolled out at the end of 2017 produces a drastic battery drain on some devices. Xiaomi is already aware of this issue and claims to be working on a fix, but it never arrived.  Another glaring issue is Wi-Fi, dropping connections constantly - another one from long list of ignored problems.  The Mi A1 will probably never receive Android 10 
- "Mi A1 launched". Android Authority. Archived from the original on 2017-09-05. Retrieved 2017-09-05.
- "Xiaomi Mi A1 (5X) - Full phone specifications". gsmarena.com. Archived from the original on 2017-09-13. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
- "Mi A1 - AndroidOne - Picture Perfect Dual Camera - Mi India". mi.com. Archived from the original on 2017-09-05. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
- "The Mi 5X is Xiaomi's first Android One phone". Archived from the original on 2017-09-12. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Xiaomi Mi A1 mcbc Oreo update doesn't bring Project Treble support". Archived from the original on 2018-02-18. Retrieved 2018-02-18.
- Khoury, Rita El (30 January 2018). "Xiaomi releases the kernel source code for the Mi A1". Android Police. Archived from the original on 2018-01-30. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
- "Android One Xiaomi Mi A1 Kernel Sources Finally Released". xda-developers. 30 January 2018. Archived from the original on 2018-02-04. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
- Sanders, James (16 January 2018). "Xiaomi still hasn't released the kernel sources for the Mi A1". Android Police. Archived from the original on 2018-01-17. Retrieved 17 January 2018.
- Xiaomi (2017-09-15), Markets' list, retrieved 2017-09-15
- "Xiaomi Mi A1 launched in Pakistan". Archived from the original on 2017-10-27. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Xiaomi's Mi A1 is a flagship Android One phone for India". The Verge. Archived from the original on 2017-09-05. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "Xiaomi Mi A1 review". TechRadar. Archived from the original on 2017-09-07. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "Mi A1: Xiaomi stellt Smartphone mit purem Android vor - Golem.de" (in German). Archived from the original on September 5, 2017. Retrieved 2017-09-05.
- Baxi, Abhishek (September 5, 2017). "Xiaomi launches its first Android One smartphone, the Mi A1". Android Authority. Archived from the original on September 9, 2017. Retrieved September 10, 2017.
- "Xiaomi Mi A1 Battery Drain Issue May Get Resolved Soon". Archived from the original on 2018-02-18. Retrieved 2018-02-18.
- Bundesamt für Strahlenschutz - Device radiation