Xiaomi Mi 3
This article is incomplete.(June 2014)
|Slogan||Accelerate your life|
|Compatible networks||GSM 850, 900, 1800,and 1900MHz & WCDMA 850, 900, 1900 and 2100MHz|
|Availability by country|| China November 2013
Hong Kong November 2013
Taiwan November 2013
Singapore March 2014
Malaysia May 2014
Philippines June 2014
India July 2014
|Related||Xiaomi Mi1, Xiaomi Mi2A|
|Dimensions||144 mm (5.7 in) H
73.6 mm (2.90 in) W
8.1 mm (0.32 in)
|Weight||145 g (5.1 oz)|
Original: MIUI v5 (Android 4.3 Jelly Bean)Current: MIUI 8 (Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
|CPU||2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8274AB Quad Core Krait 400 or 1.8 GHz quad core Nvidia Tegra 4 4+1 Core Cortex-A15|
|GPU||Adreno 330 or Geforce|
|Memory||2GB RAM LPDDR3|
|Storage||16GB / 64GB ROM eMMC 4.5|
|Battery||3050mAh, up to 500hrs standby time, up to 25hrs talktime and up to 50hrs music playback|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch touch screen, Gyroscope, Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Electronic compass, Barometer|
|Display||IPS Display 5 inches @ 1920px x 1080px (441 PPI) (Manufactured by Sharp or LG)|
|Rear camera||13 Megapixels (backside-illuminated (BSI)), with a super-large Sony Exmor sensor and an f/2.2 aperture, built-in Phillips dual-CFL flash. Records 1080p at 30fps and 720p at 90fps|
|Front camera||2 Megapixels, 1080p at 30fps|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 4.0 + A2DP, ANT+, Dual-band Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Display, Micro-USB On-The-Go with MHL link, DLNA, NFC, GPS + GLONASS, AGPS|
The Xiaomi Mi 3 was unveiled during the Xiaomi New Product Launch Event 2013 on 5 September 2013, and was released in China in October 2013. It features either a 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor or a 1.8 GHz quad plus one core Nvidia Tegra 4 processor, which support WCDMA and TDCDMA respectively.
The device was made available in late November 2013 in Mainland China and was later available in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Philippines and Malaysia. Upon its release, it became the fastest selling smartphone in Xiaomi's history; the company sold 200,000 Mi3 units in China within 3 minutes of launch.
The Xiaomi Mi 3 contains an internal frame of aluminium-magnesium alloy, though the body is made of a polycarbonate. The speakers and microUSB port are located at the bottom of the device with the standard-sized SIM card tray and audio jack are located at the top of the device. The power and volume keys are located on the right hand side. Near the top of the device are the front-facing camera, proximity sensors, and notification LED. The MI3 is available in a number of colours, including black, white, pink, blue and silver. The device's display is larger than its predecessor, with a 5-inch, 1080p IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with an anti-glare coating.
The device comes with 16GB or 64GB of internal storage and has a 3050mAh battery.
The Xiaomi Mi 3 ships with Android and Xiaomi's MIUI user interface. Initially running Android 4.3 & 4.4 it has continuously received updates, with MIUI 5 – a customised version of Android. Later, it received MIUI 6, 7, then 8. In January 2016, it was the first Xiaomi device to get official Marshmallow 6.0.1 update, together with Mi 4 and Mi Note.
The phone has enjoyed demand in India, with it going out of stock on e-commerce retailer Flipkart, after just 39 minutes of going on sale at midday on 22 July 2014. In the next batch of sales, the Mi 3 went out of stock in less than 5 seconds and it is believed that the stock consisted of 10,000 phones. On 5 August 2014, Mi 3 was again sold out on Flipkart in just 2 seconds due to unprecedented demand. On 12 August 2014, 20,000 units went out of stock in 2.4 seconds on Flipkart. On 19 August 2014, Another 20,000 units went out of stock in 2.3 seconds on Flipkart.
On 4 October 2014, Xiaomi announced on their official Facebook page that Mi 3 would be going for sale one last time. However, there was no flash sale, and only customers who had entered to buy the handset five times or more would be automatically selected by Xiaomi and Flipkart. The handset would be added to their cart automatically on 6 October, and all they had to do was just click on the "Buy Now" button. There was no time limit, but if the customer didn't want to buy it, it would be allocated for a second batch of buyers.
The Xiaomi Mi 4 is a smartphone developed and produced by Xiaomi Inc was released on August 2014. It is the successor to the Xiaomi Mi 3.
- "小米手机3——小米手机官网". Xiaomi.com. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- "Mi3 Battery Stats". Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "Mi3". www.mi.com/en/mi3. Xiaomi. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "Mi 3 Launch Event". Tech In Asia. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Xiaomi MI-3 – Full phone specifications". gsmarena.com. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- "XIAOMI MI 3 VS Samsung Galaxy S5 in Malaysia". Oizoioi Tech Blog. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "Xiaomi's Single's Day flash sale shatters records". Tech in Asia. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- Budget Smart Phones - Bloomberg TV India
- "Xiaomi Mi 3 Forum on XDA Developers". XDA Developers. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- "[alpha] [SFOS] SailfishOS 18.104.22.168 for cancro". XDA Developers. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- "Xiaomi Mi 3 goes out of stock". Times of India. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- "Xiaomi's Mi3 Smartphone Sold Out in 5 Seconds: Flipkart". NDTV. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- "Xiaomi Mi 3 'Sold Out' Again; This Time in Two Seconds". NDTV. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- ET Bureau (12 August 2014). "Xioami sells 20,000 Mi3 again in just a few seconds". Retrieved 25 June 2017 – via The Economic Times.
- "Xiaomi Mi3 To Go On Sale in India Once Again For Customers Who Failed To Get It". geeky-gadgets.com. 5 October 2014. Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- "Xiaomi Mi 4".