Xiaomi Pocophone F1
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 front
|First released||August 2018|
|Successor||POCO F2 Pro|
|Dimensions||H: 155.5 mm (6.12 in) |
W: 75.3 mm (2.96 in)
D: 8.8 mm (0.35 in)
|Mass||182 g (6.4 oz) |
Armored 187 g (6.6 oz)
|Operating system||Original: MIUI 9.6 based on Android 8.1 Oreo|
Current: MIUI 12 based on Android 10
|CPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Octa-core (4x2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)|
|Storage||256 GB/8 GB RAM |
64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM
|Removable storage||microSD, up to 256 GB|
|Battery||4000 mAh non-removable Li-Po (Quick Charge™ 3.0 and Supports Quick Charge™ 4+)|
|Display||6.18 inches (96.2 cm²) 1080 x 2246 pixels (403 ppi), 18,7:9 ratio, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 1500:1 contrast ratio|
|Rear camera||12 MP (ƒ/1.9, 1.4 μm), phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR,|
4K UHD@60fps, 4K UHD@30fps, 2160p@30fps, 2160p@60fps, 1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS), 720p@30fps,
|Front camera||20 MP, HDR,|
|Connectivity||2G, 3G, 4G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot, Bluetooth v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD|
|Other||AGPS, GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Infrared face recognition, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, LiquidCool Technology|
The Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (Xiaomi POCO F1 in India) is a smartphone developed by Xiaomi Inc, a Chinese electronics company based in Beijing. It was announced on 22 August 2018 in New Delhi, India. Though part of Xiaomi's line of mid-range devices, it is equipped with high-end specifications. The device is available globally in limited numbers, except for India where it enjoys wide availability. The Pocophone was often considered to be a flagship model of the Redmi line of 2019, although officially marketed as a separate and distinct model.
The Pocophone F1 runs on a Snapdragon 845 (10 nm) processor with an Adreno 630 to handle graphics. It features a 6.18" IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen screen with an aspect ratio of 18.7:9 and a resolution of 1080 x 2246 pixels. The display also has a wide notch at the top. There is also the Gorilla Glass 3 protection
The Pocophone F1 has dual rear cameras based on Sony's Exmor RS (stacked CMOS) IMX363 1/2.55" sensor with 12 MP, ƒ/1.9 aperture and 1.4 µm pixel size. It has dual pixel Phase detection autofocus (PDAF). The secondary camera acts as a depth sensor with 5 MP, aperture ƒ/2.0 and pixel size of 1.12 µm and a dual-LED flash. The camera has HDR and panorama options. Video can be made in 2160p@60fps, 1080p@60fps (gyro-EIS), or 1080p@960fps mode. The camera has a manual mode as well; users can adjust white balance (presets and light temperature), set a shutter speed (1/1000s to 32s) and ISO (100-3200). There is also a manual focus with focus peaking. A software update in January 2019 added 960fps slo-mo video recording and night mode.
At the front, the device features a 20 MP selfie camera with ƒ/2.0 aperture and 0.9 µm pixel size, which has HDR software and analytic capabilities coupled with 2μm large pixel (4-in-1 Super Pixel) technology. Selfie software includes AI Beautify 4.0 and precise bokeh effects. Video can be recorded at 1080p@30fps. There is also an infrared light sensor and infrared camera for facial recognition.
The Pocophone F1 has a 4000 mAh Li-Po battery. The battery is 18W ″Quick Charge™ 3.0″ type developed by Qualcomm where the port (USB Type-C port) is vastly superior to standard USB. It has 94 h of endurance as tested by GSMarena.
The Pocophone F1 comes with internal storage options of 256GB/8GB RAM (China version) or 64/128 GB with 6 GB RAM; both have expandable memory through a microSD card up to 256 GB which uses up the second SIM slot.
Early copies of the phone had screen bleeding issues. Some users of the international version of the phone reported issues related to an oversensitive screen.
The Pocophone F1 received very positive reviews. Media outlets described the device as a flagship smartphone at a bargain price. Among the pros are a good camera and a strong battery. The Pocophone F1 was the runner-up of MKBHD's blind smartphone camera test in 2018. It also received a score of 91 from DxOMark, placing it in between the iPhone 8 and the Google Pixel.
- "Watch the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 announcement live here". Digital Trends. 2018-08-22. Archived from the original on 2018-08-22. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Pocophone F1 by Xiaomi review". gsmarena.com. Archived from the original on 2018-08-22. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- "Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Smartphone Review". notebookcheck.net. Archived from the original on 2018-10-11. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Pocophone F1 Review". trustedreviews.com. Archived from the original on 2018-10-19. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Poco F1 Specifications, Features and Price". techlomedia gadgets. Archived from the original on 2019-08-09. Retrieved 2019-06-30.
- "The Pocophone F1 finally gets 960fps slo-mo video recording and night mode". gsmArena. 18 January 2019. Archived from the original on 19 January 2019. Retrieved 19 January 2019.
- "Xiaomi Pocophone F1". gsmarena.com. Archived from the original on 2018-10-24. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Quick Charge 4.0+ Battery Charger ICs". www.qualcomm.com. Qualcomm. Archived from the original on 2018-10-11. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Xiaomi Pocophone F1 gets an upgrade: Welcome Android 10". Android Authority. 2020-03-06. Retrieved 2020-06-21.
- "Xiaomi sells 700,000 Pocophone F1 units in 3 months". www.gsmarena.com. Archived from the original on 6 December 2018. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- "Xiaomi Poco F1 screen bleeding issue appears ". www.gizmochina.com. Archived from the original on 22 August 2019. Retrieved 22 August 2019.
- Kelion, Leo (22 August 2018). "Xiaomi phone threatens a price war". BBC News. Archived from the original on 30 November 2019. Retrieved 2020-02-20.
- Liao, Shannon (22 August 2018). "Xiaomi's new Pocophone F1 undercuts rivals with a low price and high-end processor". The Verge. Archived from the original on 7 December 2019. Retrieved 2020-02-20.
- Bhagat, Hitesh Raj (29 August 2018). "Poco F1 review: A 'little' phone with global aspirations". The Economic Times. Archived from the original on 28 February 2020. Retrieved 2020-02-20.
- Velazco, Chris. "Finally, a cheap smartphone with true flagship power". Engadget. Archived from the original on 2019-12-07. Retrieved 2020-02-20.
- Vogel, Sandra. "Xiaomi Pocophone F1, hands on: A flagship-class handset that won't break the bank Review". ZDNet. Archived from the original on 2019-10-04. Retrieved 2020-02-20.
- "The Blind Smartphone Camera Test 2018". YouTube. Archived from the original on 4 December 2018. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- "Xiaomi Pocophone F1 camera review". dxomark.com. Archived from the original on 30 January 2019. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xiaomi Pocophone F1.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taken with Xiaomi Pocophone F1.|