Xiaomi Smart Home
Mi Home is the only app that manages Xiaomi smart home products: it is used to manage and communicate with devices and connect these to the network and connect devices to each other, using Wifi and Bluetooth. It has been criticized because it is not compatible with Google Home. For some products like Mi camera, there needs to be a sync between Mi Home Account and Google Home app.
Blood Pressure Monitor
Xiaomi launched a smart blood pressure monitor on 24 September 2014, in partnership with iHealth Labs of Silicon Valley, USA. The accompanying app tracks blood pressure, heart rate, average pulse and other parameters on a real-time chart, then makes recommendations for improvement.
Xiaomi released the Mi Air Purifier on 9 December 2014 in Beijing. This can to clean up to 406 m3 of air in an hour. It uses HEPA technology to reduce polluting particles from as high as 600 ppm to 2.5 ppm. It has a real-time air quality monitor. Users can synch it with a smartphone to control it remotely, receive air quality data, and be alerted when the air filter is dirty.
Yi Smart Webcam
Xiaomi released the Yi (also called Ants or Xiaoyi) Smart Webcam for CNY 149 on 29 October 2014. It has 720p resolution, a 111 o wide-angle lens with 4x zoom, and the ability to make two-way voice calls. Activated and viewable via the smartphone, it doubles as both a webcam for chatting and a security camera with recording capabilities. The camera automatically records whenever it detects movement in view. In June 2015, Xiaomi launched a night vision edition of the Yi Camera with a 940 nm infrared sensor.
YI Action Camera
Xiaomi began selling the YI action camera for CNY 399, which was created by YI Technology. It comes with a 16 MP Sony IMX206CQC sensor which can record videos at 1080p60 and 720p120. It is waterproof up to 40 m with the waterproof case.
Since it became very popular even outside China through its low price and same physical dimensions like products from Hero, there exists some user-made tweaks for features include shooting in RAW, customizable ISO and white balance. Compared to the popular GoPro brand of action cameras, Xiaomi's Yi motion camera has electronic motion stabilization, an integrated LCD display, dual microphones, bigger battery, slow motion mode and timer modes.
Mi Smart Scale
The Mi Smart Scale makes measurements ranging from 5 kg to 150 kg, with a 50 g precision, and shows weight in kg and lbs. When paired with the Mi Fit app, which itself pairs with the Mi Band, users can track their weight and BMI. The Mi Smart Scale is equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 and is compatible with both Android and iOS. The maker of the scale is Huami, a company Xiaomi invested in.
Mi Water Purifier
The Mi Water Purifier, announced on 16 July 2015. It and filters water by reverse osmosis. It can dispense 1,800 litres a day with a 1:1 water production rate. The device also pairs with a smartphone and sends data on filter effectiveness and reminders to change filters. The R&D of the device is done by Yunmi Technology, better known as Viomi, a subsidiary of the Mi Ecological System.
Smart Home Kit
Xiaomi unveiled the Smart Home Kit for CNY 199 on 10 June 2015. The kit contains a set of smart sensors, including the multi-function gateway, the door/window sensor, the motion detector, and the wireless switch, which can be combined to achieve over 30 different kinds of functions. For example, the motion detector can be paired with the gateway to perform functions such as switching on a light at night when it detects motion; the window sensors can start or stop a connected fan as windows are closed or opened; in another example, users can set the gateway into an alert mode with their smartphones as they leave the house, and the gateway would then send push notifications and turn on the automatic recording of a Yi Smart Webcam when the door/window sensor or the motion detector detects abnormal activity.
Being a major investor in Ninebot, a Chinese company that acquired the self-balancing scooter manufacturer Segway, Xiaomi released a self-balancing scooter called Ninebot Mini for CNY 1,999 on 19 October 2015. It was released for Chinese market only. The scooter has a maximum speed of 16 km/h (10 mph), a 15-degree incline climbing capability, a range of 22 km on a single charge, and a recharging time of three hours. It weighs 13 kilograms (28 lbs). Users can monitor speed, check vehicle condition, update firmware, receive theft alarms and remotely control the vehicle via a smartphone app. The scooter can learn and adapt to users' driving habits.
For European market Xiaomi released Ninebot Mini Pro, known as Segway miniPro in the US. This version has a slightly modified design and a different steering bar. Maximum speed of this scooter is 18.5 km/h and a range is 30 km.
Mi Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker
Launched on 29 March 2016. According to Xiaomi, the pressure rice cooker uses 1.2 bar pressure to raise the boiling point of water to around 105℃. Users can use their smartphones to scan the barcode on the rice packaging, with the cooker automatically adjusting its methodology to suit the particular rice type, brand, origin and user preferred softness. The companion app also includes options to cook steamed vegetables, crispy rice and cakes, and users can look up the recipe and set the corresponding heating method through the app.
The company had to deal with a PR crisis when people found a resemblance between the design of Xiaomi's rice cooker and an earlier product by MUJI. Lei had to respond in public to settle the disputes.
Mi Robotic Vacuums
On 31 August 2016 the company announced the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum. It is a robovac produced by Roborock and released under Xiaomi's platform. It has 12 sensors, including an ultrasonic sonar, cliff sonar, gyroscope and accelerometer. The vacuum is equipped with a 5200 mAh lithium ion battery which allows it to vacuum for 2.5 hours on one charge. This covers 250 m2 (approx. 2700 square feet) of floor space.
Roborock S5 is the second robovac released by Roborock and it supports mopping and laser mapping for zone cleaning (through the Mi Home app, Roborock app and Wi-Fi). It cleans with 2000 Pa suction at 63.8 dB.
The basic commands with voice assistant are:
- Start clean
- Return charging or Dock.
When used the first time, the robot creates a map. The map can be reset (deleted) or automatically saved for the next cleanings.
In Edit, the user can select barrier tapes (lines) and No-go zones. They are automatically saved for next cleanings (or can be deleted by the user).
One can select zoned cleanup, add a cleaning zone and indicate how many times to clean. Or Go, pin a spot cleanup and then Go there.
The app shows the cleaning area (m2), remaining battery (%) and time cleaning.
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- By mapping every room in your home with laser detector, it can schedule cleaning specific rooms or a whole floor—day or night.
- The S6 is 50% quieter than its previous product, while still having the suction power to lift steel ball bearings.
- It’s a vacuum that can both sweep and mop at the same time.
- With its modular design, you spend less time fiddling with parts and maintenance.
The Mi WiFi+ is a wireless repeater announced by Xiaomi in 2015.
Mi Body Composition Scale
On 15 March 2018, Xiaomi launched the Body Composition Scale in India. The scale measures weight as well as muscle mass, fat, and BMI.
ROIDMI was founded in January 2015 by John Wang and invested by Xiaomi, Shunwei and Haiquan Fund. ROIDMI is an enterprise specializes in the design, development and manufacture of cleaning appliance products.
- Cordless Vacuum Cleaner NEX
- Cordless Vacuum Cleaner F8
- Cordless Vacuum Cleaner F8 Lite
- LiteMattress Vacuum Cleaner
- "Xiaomi to bring crowdfunding platform to India". Mint. September 21, 2016. Retrieved October 6, 2019.
- Bhagat, Hitesh Raj (September 28, 2016). "Mi Air Purifier 2 review: Breathing easy never looked so good". The Economic Times. Retrieved October 6, 2019.
- Dhapola, Shruti (August 26, 2019). "Google Nest Hub review: The Google Assistant now has a display". The Indian Express. Retrieved October 6, 2019.
- Bischoff, Paul. "Xiaomi launches blood pressure monitor in partnership with Silicon Valley's iHealth Labs". Tech in Asia. Archived from the original on 20 December 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- McGlaun, Shane. "Xiaomi iHealth is a blood pressure taking smartphone dock". Android Community. Archived from the original on 18 February 2015. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- Horwitz, Josh (December 9, 2014). "Xiaomi introduces smart air purifier as it expands its line of home devices". Tech in Asia. Retrieved October 6, 2019.
- "China's Xiaomi steps into connected devices market with new air purifier". PC World. Archived from the original on 17 February 2015. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- Bischoff, Paul (28 October 2014). "Xiaomi's first smart home gadgets launch this week, and they look awfully familiar". Tech in Asia. Archived from the original on 23 June 2015.
- Sinha, Robin (4 June 2015). "Xiaomi Yi Camera Night Vision Edition With Infrared Sensor Launched". NDTV Gadgets. Archived from the original on 5 June 2015.
- Brokaw, Alex (13 May 2016). "YI Technology's new action camera adds 4K video". The Verge. Archived from the original on 27 July 2016. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Teardown Xiaomi Yi Action Camera YDXJ01XY". IHS Technology. Archived from the original on 11 April 2016. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- Lyons, Max. "Hacking the Xiaomi Yi Action Camera". TawbaWare. Archived from the original on 22 March 2016. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- "This is Xiaomi's 4K action camera that's taking on GoPro". Archived from the original on 18 May 2016.
- Lucic, Kristijan (31 March 2015). "Xiaomi's 5th Anniversary Event Brings Pink Mi Note, 55" Mi TV 2, Redmi 2A, Smart Scale and More". Android Headlines.
- Horwitz, Josh (31 March 2015). "Xiaomi expands home and health line with new smart scales that cost just $16". Tech in Asia. Archived from the original on 21 April 2015.
- tech2 News Staff (16 July 2015). "Xiaomi unveils Mi Water Purifier; allows users to track water purity on smartphones". tech.firstpost.com. Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- Nanana. "Mi Product Launch: Mi TV 2S @¥2,999; Mi Water Purifier @¥1,299". MIUI Forum. Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- Joe (10 June 2015). "Xiaomi unveils Wi-Fi Amplifier, Bedside Smart Lamp & A Bluetooth Headset". Gizmochina. Archived from the original on 22 June 2015.
- "小米智能家庭套装". Official website of Mi.com. Archived from the original on 21 June 2015. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- Dent, Steve (19 October 2015). "Xiaomi brings Segway to the masses with $315 Ninebot mini". Engadget. Archived from the original on 27 December 2017.
- "九号平衡车 (Ninebot Mini)". Xiaomi official website (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 11 November 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- Lai, Richard (29 March 2016). "Xiaomi's 'Mi Ecosystem' starts with a smart rice cooker". Engadget. Archived from the original on 12 November 2017.
- Crouch, Erik (29 March 2016). "Xiaomi unveils smartphone-controlled rice cooker, and it's everything we hoped for". techinasia.com. Archived from the original on 16 April 2016.
- Wong, Raymond (29 March 2016). "Xiaomi's smart rice cooker helps cook perfect rice every single time". Mashable. Archived from the original on 6 April 2016.
- Zhang, Wanbin (5 April 2016). "Lei Jun denies Xiaomi copied MUJI on rice cooker". AllChinaTech. Archived from the original on 15 April 2016.
- "Xiaomi Mi Robot 2 vacuum review: A worthy upgrade". Android Central. 2018-02-26. Retrieved 2018-11-30.
- "Xiaomi Launches Mi Vacuum Robot For Home Cleaning". Archived from the original on 2 September 2016.
- "Xiaomi to Launch its Mi Robot Vacuum in September". Archived from the original on 18 September 2016.
- "米家扫地机器人-小米商城". mi.com. Archived from the original on 1 September 2016. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- Zeichner, Daniel (September 23, 2019). "Find the Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaners for your floor with our 2019 reviews". cleanup.expert. Retrieved October 6, 2019.
- Martin, Jim (August 12, 2019). "Roborock S6 review". techadvisor.co.uk. Retrieved October 6, 2019.
- Lomas, Natasha (May 11, 2019). "Cat vs best and worst robot vacuum cleaners". TechCrunch. Retrieved October 6, 2019.
- "Xiaomi Mi Body Composition Scale launched in India: Price, specifications and features". The Indian Express. March 15, 2018. Retrieved October 6, 2019.
- Strategy, Moor Insights and. "3 Great 'Smart' Gifts For Father's Day". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-03-20.
- "ROIDMI debuts new Cordless Vacuum Model at the 2020 VDTA Convention". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-03-20.
- Lin, Jessica. "I switched my Dyson with the Xiaomi-backed Roidmi F8 - and it performed way better than I thought it would, Business Insider - Business Insider Malaysia". www.businessinsider.my. Retrieved 2020-03-20.
- "Xiaomi RoidMi FM Transmitters: specs, photo, user opinions | XIAOMI-MI.com". xiaomi-mi.com. Retrieved 2020-03-20.