|Origin||Pomona, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Hardcore punk, death metal (later)|
|Labels||Southern Lord, A389 Recordings, BDHW, Closed Casket Activities|
Xibalba is an American hardcore band from Pomona, California, formed in 2007. The band plays hardcore with influences from death metal and doom metal, with lyrics in English and Spanish. Their debut album, Madre Mia Gracias Por Los Dias (2010) was released through A389 Recordings. Their second album, Hasta La Muerte (2012), was released by Southern Lord.
The band started in 2007 in Pomona, California when long time friends Nate, Brian, Jason and Bryan wanted to play dark and heavy music with eccentric influences. The friends previously performed music in hardcore punk bands together prior to forming Xibalba. In 2012, the band went on an Australian tour with Warbrain and Incendiary. In 2013, they traveled with the "No Way Out" U.S. tour with headliners The Acacia Strain, and Within the Ruins, Fit for an Autopsy, and American Me. Xibalba was toured on the "Die Knowing" U.S. tour alongside Comeback Kid, Backtrack, Downpresser, and To the Wind.
- Diablo, Con Amor.. Adios. (2017)
- Earthquake Split (2010)
- Split/w Incendiary (2011)
- Split/w Suburban Scum (2014)
- "Xibalba Australian Tour Local Supports Announced". chuckingamosh.com. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- Stosuy, Brandon (20 August 2012). "Rev. of Xibalba, Hasta La Muerte". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "The Acacia Strain, Within The Ruins, Xibalba tour". lambgoat.com. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 30 March 2014.