This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Xidan Beijing Books Building
Location of Xicheng District in Beijing
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Township-level divisions||15 subdistricts|
|• Total||50.7 km2 (19.6 sq mi)|
|• Density||25,000/km2 (64,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
Xicheng District (simplified Chinese: 西城区; traditional Chinese: 西城區; pinyin: Xīchéng Qū; literally: 'West City District') is a district of Beijing. Xicheng District spans 32 square kilometres (12 sq mi), making it the largest portion of the old city (inside the 2nd Ring Road), and has 706,691 inhabitants (2000 Census). Its postal code is 100032. Xicheng is subdivided into 15 subdistricts of the city proper of Beijing. The former Xuanwu District was merged into Xicheng on July 2010.
The Xidan commercial district, Beijing Financial Street (Jinrongjie), Beihai Park, Jingshan Park, Shichahai and Zhongnanhai are within its jurisdiction. The popular Houhai bar area is also in Xicheng Precinct. Before the communist liberation of modern china, most royalties and aristocrats resided in the precinct. The oldest Catholic church in Beijing, the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception is located in Xicheng.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Jinrong Street Subdistrict||金融街街道||Jīnróngjiē Jiēdào||67,888||3.78|
|West Chang'an Avenue Subdistrict||西长安街街道||Xīcháng'ānjiē Jiēdào||51,477||4.24|
|Xinjiekou Subdistrict||新街口街道||Xīnjiēkǒu Jiēdào||95,497||3.70|
|Yuetan Subdistrict||月坛街道||Yuètán Jiēdào||116,543||4.13|
|Zhanlan Road Subdistrict||展览路街道||Zhǎnlǎnlù Jiēdào||130,925||5.87|
|Desheng Subdistrict||德胜街道||Déshèng Jiēdào||116,768||4.14|
|Shichahai Subdistrict||什刹海街道||Shénshāhǎi Jiēdào||95,433||5.80|
|Dashilan Subdistrict||大栅栏街道||Dàshilànr Jiēdào||36,997||1.27|
|Tianqiao Subdistrict||天桥街道||Tiānqiáo Jiēdào||46,385||2.07|
|Chunshu Subdistrict||椿树街道||Chūn shù Jiēdào||30,547||1.08|
|Taoranting Subdistrict||陶然亭街道||Táorán tíng Jiēdào||43,455||2.14|
|Guang'anmennei Subdistrict||广安门内街道||Guǎng'ānménnèi Jiēdào||73,692||2.43|
|Niujie Subdistrict||牛街街道||Niújiē Jiēdào||51,877||1.44|
|Baizhifang Subdistrict||白纸坊街道||Báizhǐfāng Jiēdào||95,737||3.11|
|Guang'anmenwai Subdistrict||广安门外街道||Guǎng'ānménwài Jiēdào||179,536||5.49|
Important areas in Xicheng District
- Imperial City
- Beijing Financial Street
- Beihai Park
- Jingshan Park
- Drum Tower and Bell Tower
- Prince Gong's Residence (Gongwang Fu)
- Liulichang(an ancient antiques market since Qing Dynasty)
- Beijing Zoo
- Fayuan Temple
- Huguang Guild Hall
- Miaoying Temple
- Niujie Mosque
Xicheng is served by seven metro lines of the Beijing Subway:
- Line 1 - Muxidi, Nanlishilu, Fuxingmen , Xidan , Tian'anmen West
- Line 2 - Guloudajie , Jishuitan, Xizhimen , Chegongzhuang , Fuchengmen, Fuxingmen , Changchunjie, Xuanwumen , Hepingmen
- Line 4 - Xizhimen , Xinjiekou, Ping'anli , Xisi, Lingjing Hutong, Xidan , Xuanwumen , Caishikou , Taoranting
- Line 6 - Chegongzhuang West, Chegongzhuang , Ping'anli , Beihai North
- Line 7 - Wanzi, Daguanying, Guang'anmennei, Caishikou , Hufangqiao
- Line 8 - Guloudajie
- Line 13 - Xizhimen
Xicheng was served by one commuter line operated by Beijing Suburban Railway (BCR). Note that the Beijing North railway station is under renovation and line S2 not stopped there now. It may be open again at the end of 2019.
Primary and secondary schools
The High School Affiliated to Beijing Normal University is in Xicheng; it was located in Xuanwu District before Xicheng absorbed Xuanwu. Beijing No.4 High School is also in Xicheng District.
The Beijing Municipal Commission of Education (simplified Chinese: 北京市教育委员会; traditional Chinese: 北京市教育委員會; pinyin: Běijīng Shì Jiàoyùwěiyuánhuì), the local education authority, used to be headquartered in Xicheng District.
- 2011年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：西城区 (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Archived from the original on July 19, 2013. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- Census Office of the State Council of the People's Republic of China; Population and Employment Statistics Division of the National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China (2012). 中国2010人口普查分乡、镇、街道资料 (1 ed.). Beijing: China Statistics Print. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2019-03-06. Retrieved 2019-03-03.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-07-01. Retrieved 2018-07-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Contact Us Archived January 30, 2010, at the Wayback Machine." COSCO. Retrieved on May 3, 2010.
- "Donation Archived July 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine." COSCO. May 21, 2008. Retrieved on May 3, 2010.
- "Contact Us Archived 2011-08-11 at the Wayback Machine." Xinhua. Retrieved on August 17, 2011. "Head Office : 20F, Dacheng Plaza, 127 Xuanwumen St. (W), Beijing" - Address in Chinese Archived 2011-08-14 at the Wayback Machine: "北京宣武门西大街127号 大成大厦" (Map Archived 2011-10-18 at the Wayback Machine)
- "2010 CSR Report of Bank of China Archived 2011-11-19 at the Wayback Machine." Bank of China. 61. Retrieved on September 12, 2011. "Department: Executive Office, Bank of China Address: 1 Fuxingmennei Street, Xicheng District, Beijing"
- "Corporate Profile Archived 2014-02-17 at the Wayback Machine." China Construction Bank. Retrieved on February 27, 2014. "Address of headquarters:No.25, Finance Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, China, Postcode 100033" - Address in Chinese Archived 2014-02-27 at the Wayback Machine: "总行地址：中国北京西城区金融大街25号邮编：100033"
- "首页 Archived 2010-07-06 at the Wayback Machine." State Grid Corporation of China. Retrieved on July 8, 2010. "地址 北京市西城区西长安街86号 邮编 100031."
- Home Archived 2018-06-21 at the Wayback Machine. Taikang Life Insurance. Retrieved on June 22, 2018. "Address: 156 Main Street, Beijing Taikang Life Building" - Chinese address Archived 2018-06-10 at the Wayback Machine: " 地址： 北京复兴门内大街156号泰康人寿大厦"
- English home page Archived January 3, 2016, at the Wayback Machine. Ministry of Education (China). Retrieved on December 29, 2015. "Address: No.37 Damucang Hutong, Xidan, Beijing, P.R.C " - Chinese address Archived 2015-05-07 at the Wayback Machine: "地址：北京市西单大木仓胡同37号 邮编：100816"
- "Contact Archived 2018-05-30 at the Wayback Machine." Chinese Academy of Sciences. Retrieved on May 31, 2018. "Add: 52 Sanlihe Rd., Xicheng District, Beijing, China Postcode: 100864" - Address in Chinese Archived 2018-05-30 at the Wayback Machine: "地址：北京市三里河路52号 邮政编码：100864"
- "Contact CFDA Archived 2016-10-02 at the Wayback Machine." China Food and Drug Administration. Retrieved on August 18, 2016. "Address: 26 Xuanwumen Xidajie, Beijing, 100053, P.R. China" Chinese address Archived 2016-08-17 at the Wayback Machine: "地址：北京市西城区宣武门西大街26号院2号楼"
- "Arrangements for Entry to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) from the Mainland China Archived 2017-06-07 at the Wayback Machine." Hong Kong Immigration Department. Retrieved on May 28, 2017. "The Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009, People's Republic of China.:"
- "Contact Us Archived 2012-11-06 at the Wayback Machine." The High School Affiliated to Beijing Normal University. Retrieved on October 12, 2012. "Correspondence Address: 100052, No.18 Nan Xin Hua Street, He Ping Men, Xuan Wu District, Beijing, PRC China."
- Home page (Archive). Beijing Xuanwu Huimin Elementary School. Retrieved on January 10, 2014. "学校地址：北京市西城区牛街西里一区5号(北京市宣武回民小学)"
- "Home" (English) (Archived October 28, 2013, at the Wayback Machine). Beijing Municipal Commission of Education. Retrieved on January 10, 2014. "Beijing Municipal Education Commission Add: 109 West Qianmen Street, Beijing, China 100031"
- Home page (Archive). Beijing Municipal Commission of Education. Retrieved on January 10, 2014. "北京市教育委员会地址：西城区前门西大街109号"
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Xicheng.|