Gate in front of the town of Xidi
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Prefecture-level city||Huangshan City|
|Official name||Ancient Villages in Southern Anhui – Xidi and Hongcun|
|Criteria||iii, iv, v|
"Xidi" in Simplified (top) and Traditional (bottom) Chinese characters
|Literal meaning||"Western Post"|
Xidi (Chinese: 西递) is a village in Xidi Town (西递镇), Yi County, Huangshan City of the historical Huizhou region of Anhui province, China. It was declared a part of the "Ancient Villages in Southern Anhui" World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2000, along with Hongcun.
The rise of the village was closely tied to the fortunes of the Hu family. By 1465 CE, during the Ming Dynasty (1368–1644), family members had started in business as merchants, leading to construction of major private buildings and a public infrastructure. By the middle of the 17th century, the influence wielded by members of the Hu family expanded from commerce into politics. The prosperity of Xidi peaked in the 18th and 19th centuries, at which time the village comprised about 600 residences.
The street pattern of Xidi is dominated by a main road which runs in an east-west direction and is flanked by two parallel streets. These major streets are joined by many narrow alleyways. Small open spaces are confined to areas immediately in front of the main public buildings, such as the "Hall of Respect", the "Hall of Reminiscence", and the "Memorial Archway of the Governor".
- 2017年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：西递镇 [2017 Statistical Area Numbers and Rural-Urban Area Numbers: Xidi Town] (in Simplified Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. 2017. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
341023103200 121 西递村委会
- 西递镇 [Xidi Town]. 行政区划网站 www.xzqh.org (in Simplified Chinese). 行政区划网站/区划地名网站 (Administrative Divisions Web/District Geographic Names Web). 18 September 2012. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- "Ancient Villages in Southern Anhui - Xidi and Hongcun". UNESCO. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- "Xidi and Hongcun Villages". China.com. 2008-09-16. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- "China Xidi-Huangshan Xidi-Welcome To Xidi". China Xidi.
- "Ancient Villages in Southern Anhui - Xidi and Hongcun" (PDF). UNESCO World Heritage Centre. 2 December 2000.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xidi.|
|This Huangshan City location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|