|Motto||厚德 求真 砺学 笃行|
|President||Xiaojing Zheng (郑晓静)|
|Campus||Urban, 667-acre (2.7 km²)|
Xidian University (Chinese: 西安电子科技大学, pinyin: Xīān Diànzǐ Kējì Dàxué) is a public research university located in Xi'an, China. Founded in 1931, the university is considered one of the top universities of research and education of engineering in China. Its electronic engineering program ranks 5th in China. Xidian university is ranked 12th in Best Global Universities for Computer Science in China by U.S. News ranking. It is also one of the Project 211 universities.
The university was founded in 1931 in Ruijin (瑞金), Jiangxi as the Radio School of the Central Military Committee (中央军委无线电学校). It was the first technical school established by the Communist Party of China. Later, the school was moved from Zhangjiakou, Hebei to Xi'an in 1958. It was one of the first 20 national key universities in 1959. It was renamed the People's Liberation Army Institute of Telecommunication Engineering (中国人民解放军军事电信工程学院) in 1960. In 1966, it was renamed Northwest Institute of Telecommunication Engineering (西北电讯工程学院), and was no longer a military institute. In 1988, its name was changed to Xidian University (西安电子科技大学).
Xidian University is one of a National Key Universities managed by Ministry of Education of China. It is one of the 55 universities with Graduate Schools in China.
Xidian University is organized into 17 schools. The university has undergraduate programs in different domains, covering engineering, science, management and economics. It also offers Master's and PhD degrees. Xidian University has over 31,000 students, including 21,650 undergraduate students, 9,293 master's students, and 1,779 doctoral students. 7 National Key Disciplines have been affiliated with Xidian University.
School of Telecommunications Engineering
The school is dedicated to education and research in the areas of Communications Engineering, Information Systems Security, Wireless Broadband and Signal and Information Processing. There are more than 3,800 undergraduates, 2,000 master's students and 300 doctoral students.
School of Electronic Engineering
The school has 311 faculty members, including one Member of Chinese Academy of Sciences, two National Famous Teachers of China and three National Experts with Outstanding Contribution.
Three National Key Disciplines:
- Signal and Information Processing
- Circuits and Systems
- Electromagnetic Field and Microwave Technology
School of Computer Science and Technology
The school was established in 1995. It was one of the earliest computer science school in China. The school ranks 8th in China and among top 100 in the world by Academic Ranking of World Universities.
School of Microelectronics
The school is one of the National Instruction Bases for Integrated Circuit Talents by Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China. Microelectronics and Solid-State Electronics is one of the National Key Disciplines.
The school has 2 undergraduate programs, 5 master's programs and 2 doctoral programs. Around 1,800 undergraduates and 850 postgraduate students are enrolled in the School.
The school is organized into 4 departments:
- Department of Microelectronics
- Department of Micro Circuits and Devices
- Department of Integrated Circuit System
- Department of Integrated Engineering
Research at Xidian University consists of:
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Signal and Information Processing
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Microelectronics, IC design
Xidian University has four State Key Laboratories:
- The State Key Laboratory of Radar Signal Processing
- The State Key Laboratory of Integrated Services Network
- The State Key Laboratory of Antennas and Microwave Technology
- The State Key Laboratory of Wide Band Gap Semiconductor Technology
- Liu Chuanzhi - Founder, Lenovo
- Liqing Zeng - Co-founder, Tencent
- Hu Lijiao - Former Governor of the People's Bank of China
- Ling Li (writer) - Writer
- Tao Li - General of People's Liberation Army
- Dexian Bi - Scientist
- Lai Xuejia - Cryptographer
- Gou Zhongwen - Politician
- Hejun Yin - Vice Minister, Ministry of Science and Technology
- Zhong Lin Wang - Physicist
- Nianxiu Lin - Vice Chairman, National Development and Reform Commission
- Feng Tian - Senior Vice President, Huawei