|Motto||厚德 求真 砺学 笃行|
|President||Yang Zongkai (杨宗凯)|
North Campus 34°13′47.3″N 108°54′57″E / 34.229806°N 108.91583°E
South Campus 34°07′24.2″N 108°50′9.2″E / 34.123389°N 108.835889°E
|Campus||Urban, 667 acres (2.70 km2)|
|Affiliations||Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China|
Xidian University (Chinese: 西安电子科技大学[note 1]) is a public research university in Xi'an, Shaanxi, China, that is administered by the Ministry of Education of China. Xidian focuses on electronics and information education and research, and has programs covering engineering, computer science, management, economics, liberal arts and social sciences. In 2020, U.S. News & World Report ranked Xidian 8th nationally and 22nd globally for computer science. Xidian is a Chinese state Double First Class University Plan university. It was also funded by Project 211.
Xidian University is one of China's National Key Universities managed by the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China. Xidian University is organized into 17 schools. The university has undergraduate programs covering engineering, science, management and economics. It also offers Master's and PhD degrees. The university has over 31,000 students, including 21,650 undergraduate students, 9,293 master's students, and 1,779 doctoral students. 7 National Key Disciplines have been affiliated with Xidian University.
Xidian is one of the universities which have "National Advantage Discipline Innovation Platform", one of the 211 Project universities, one of the Double First-rate universities, one of the 56 universities having a Graduate School, one of the 35 universities having a national demonstration School of Software. It is an essential base of IT talents training and high level scientific research innovation.
The university consists of 18 schools. There are 4 state key laboratories, 5 key laboratories of the Ministry of Education, 17 provincial key laboratories and 15 university research institutes and centers. At present, Xidian University has 7 national key disciplines, 40 doctoral programs, 77 masters programs and 50 bachelor's programs: In the fields of communication networks, signal and information processing, information security, microelectronics and mechatronics, Xidian University possesses distinctive advantages and features in cultivation and scientific research at home and abroad. In the national assessment of the first-level disciplines in China in 2012, its "information and communication engineering" ranked second and its "electronic science and technology" ranked fourth.
|Global – Overall|
|Regional – Overall|
|National – Overall|
In 2020, Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) ranked Xidian University top 401–500 in the world.
- Global Ranking of Academic Subjects by Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2021
|Computer Science & Engineering||28|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||36|
- National and Global Subject Ranking of Xidian University by U.S. News & World Report 2020
|Subjects||National Rankings||Global Rankings|
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering||11||23|
School of Telecommunications Engineering
The school is dedicated to education and research in the areas of Communications Engineering, Information Systems Security, Wireless Broadband and Signal and Information Processing. There are more than 3,800 undergraduates, 2,000 master's students and 300 doctoral students.
- Communications Engineering
- Information Engineering
- National Experimental Teaching Demonstration Center of Communication and Information Engineering
School of Electronic Engineering
The school has 311 faculty members, including one Member of Chinese Academy of Sciences, two National Famous Teachers of China and three National Experts with Outstanding Contribution.
Three National Key Disciplines:
- Signal and Information Processing
- Circuits and Systems
- Electromagnetic Field and Microwave Technology
- Electronic Engineering
- Electronic and Information Engineering
- Information Countermeasures
- Intelligent Science and Technology
School of Computer Science and Technology
The school was established in 1995. It was one of the earliest computer science school in China. The school ranks 8th in China and among top 100 in the world by Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- Computer Science and Technology
- Network Engineering
- Internet of Things Engineering
- Data Science and Big Data Technology
- Digital Media Technology
School of Mechano-electronic Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Electrical Engineering and Automation
- Measurement and Control Technology and Instrumentation
- Electronic Packing Technology
- Mechanical Design, Fabrication and Automation
School of Microelectronics
The school is one of the National Instruction Bases for Integrated Circuit Talents by Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China. Microelectronics and Solid-State Electronics is one of the National Key Disciplines.
The school has 2 undergraduate programs, 5 master's programs and 2 doctoral programs. Around 1,800 undergraduates and 850 postgraduate students are enrolled in the School.
- Microelectronics Science and Engineering
- Integrated Circuit Design and Integrated System
School of Physics and Optoelectronic Engineering
- Laser Technology
- Radio Wave Institute
- Applied Physics
- Optoelectronic Technology Experiment Center
- Physics Experiment Center
School of Economics and Management
- Information Management and Information System
- Business Administration
- Industrial Engineering
- Electronic Commerce
School of Mathematics and Statistics
- Applied Mathematics
- Computing Science
- Probability and Statistics
- Operations Research and Control
School of Humanities and Arts
- Chinese Language
School of Foreign Languages
- English Language& Literature
- Foreign Linguistics &Applied Linguistic
School of Microelectronics
- Micro-circuits and Devices
- Integrated System Engineering
- Integrated Circuit Engineering
School of Life Science and Technology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biological Technology
School of Aerospace Science and Technology
- Detection Guidance and Control
School of Software
- Software Engineering (M.S. and Ph.D.)
School of Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology
- Material Physics & Chemistry
- Material Science(M.S.)
- Applied Chemistry(M.S.)
Research at Xidian University consists of:
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Signal and Information Processing
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Microelectronics, IC design
Xidian University has four State Key Laboratories:
- The State Key Laboratory of Radar Signal Processing
- The State Key Laboratory of Integrated Services Network
- The State Key Laboratory of Antennas and Microwave Technology
- The State Key Laboratory of Wide Band Gap Semiconductor Technology
Xidian University has 5 Key Labs of Ministry of Education:
- Intelligent Perception Image Understanding
- Electronic Information Countermeasure and Simulation Technology
- Super high-speed Circuit Design and Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Electronic Equipment Structure
- Wide-Gap Semiconductor Materials Devices
Xidian has 17 Provincial Key Labs:
- Network and System Security
- Wireless Communications
- Computer Peripherals &Instruments
- general-purpose Electronic Devices Measurement
- New Semiconductor Materials Instruments
- Electric System Integration Design Techniques
- Computer Network Information Security
- Microwave Communication Techniques
- Intelligent Materials and Sensors
- Electronic Countermeasure
- Biomedical Engineering
- Wireless Physics
- Mathematical Modeling
- Software Systematic Engineering
- Microcircuit High Reliability Techniques
- New Laser Instrument and Optical Information Processing
- Shumin Zhai - Computer Scientist, ACM Fellow
- Liu Chuanzhi - Founder, Lenovo
- Gou Zhongwen - director of the State General Administration of Sports
- Liqing Zeng - Co-founder, Tencent
- Hu Lijiao - Former Governor of the People's Bank of China
- Ling Li (writer) - Writer
- Zhang Rongqiao - Chief designer of Tianwen 1
- Tao Li - General of People's Liberation Army
- Dexian Bi - Scientist
- Robert Qiu - electrical engineer and entrepreneur
- Lai Xuejia - Cryptographer
- Gou Zhongwen - Politician
- Hejun Yin - Vice Minister, Ministry of Science and Technology
- Zhong Lin Wang - Physicist
- Nianxiu Lin - Vice Chairman, National Development and Reform Commission
- Feng Tian - Senior Vice President, Huawei
- Ning Cai - electrical engineer
- ^ The Chinese name translates to "Xi'an University of Electronic Science and Technology".
- ^ "U.S. News & World Report Best Global Universities for Computer Science in China". Retrieved October 23, 2019.
- ^ "U.S. News & World Report Best Global Universities for Computer Science". Retrieved October 23, 2019.
- ^ "教育部 财政部 国家发展改革委 关于公布世界一流大学和一流学科建设高校及建设 学科名单的通知 (Notice from the Ministry of Education and other national governmental departments announcing the list of double first class universities and disciplines)".
- ^ "ARWU World University Rankings 2020 - Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020". Shanghairanking.com. Retrieved May 30, 2021.
- ^ "World University Rankings 2016". Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- ^ "US News Global Universities Rankings 2022-2023". Retrieved November 1, 2022.
- ^ "THE Asia University Rankings". Retrieved February 14, 2021.
- ^ "US News Global Universities in Asia 2022-2023". Retrieved November 1, 2022.
- ^ "Best Chinese Universities Ranking 2021". www.shanghairanking.com. Retrieved May 30, 2021.}
- ^ "US News Global Universities in China 2022-2023". Retrieved November 1, 2022.
- ^ "ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2021 - Telecommunication Engineering". Retrieved May 30, 2020.
- ^ "U.S. News & World Report Best Global Universities for Computer Science in China". Retrieved November 8, 2019.