Xinbeitou Station exterior
|Location||No. 700, Daye Rd.
|Opened||March 28, 1997|
|Passengers||11,493 daily (2011)
(Ranked 76th of 89)
The Taipei Metro Xinbeitou Station (formerly transliterated as Hsin Peitou Station from 1997 until 2003) is the terminal station on the Xinbeitou Branch Line located in Beitou District, Taipei, Taiwan. The location of the station used to be the terminal station for the now-defunct TRA Xinbeitou Line.
- April 1, 1916: The station opens as the terminus for the Xinbeitou Line as "Xinbeitou Parking Station".
- 1937: Re-opens after renovation. The station and the tracks form a unique "T" configuration.
- July 15, 1988: Service ceases with the discontinuation of service of the TRA Tamsui Line.
Taipei Metro Station
- March 28, 1997: Opened for service with the opening of the Xinbeitou Branch Line.
|2F||Platform 2||← Xinbeitou Branch Line toward Beitou (terminus) (not in use)|
|Platform 1||← Xinbeitou Branch Line toward Beitou (terminus)|
|Street Level||Concourse||Entrance/Exit, lobby, information desk, automatic ticket dispensing machines, one-way faregates
Note: Since this station is the terminus of the branch line, one platform is designated as the arrival platform and the other as the departure platform. However, in actual service only one platform is used at any given time.
Around the station
- Beitou Hot Springs
- Beitou Park
- Weigo Private Senior High School
- Weigo Elementary School
- Beitou Jr. High School
- Xinmin Jr. High School
- Yixian Elementary School
- Taipei Public Library Beitou Branch
- Beitou Hot Spring Museum
- Ketagalan Culture Center
- Armed Forces Beitou Hospital
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
|Xinbeitou Branch Line||Terminus|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xinbeitou Station.|
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations" (PDF). Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2012-01-20. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- "Route Map: Xinbeitou". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
|This Taiwanese rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|