Xinjiang Agricultural University
|شىنجاڭ يېزائېگىلىك ئۇنىۋېرسىتېتى|
|Xinjiang Eight-One Agriculture College|
|Principal||Luo Qiuzhang 雒秋江 |
|Location||Ürümqi, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, People's Republic of China
Xinjiang Agricultural University (XAU) (Chinese: 新疆农业大学; pinyin: Xīnjiāng Nóngyè Dàxué; Uyghur: شىنجاڭ يېزائېگىلىك ئۇنىۋېرسىتېتى) is a higher education institution located in Ürümqi, the capital of Xinjiang province, China. It specialises in courses and research relating to construction in agricultural contexts.
XAU was founded on 1 August 1952, by the PLA general Wang Zhen under the auspices of Chairman Mao Zedong and Zhou Enlai. Originally named Xinjiang Eight-One Agriculture College (Chinese: 新疆八一农学院), it was built on the site of a PLA 2nd Infantry Division School. It was renamed Xinjiang Agricultural University on 21 April 1995.
Over the half century, XAU has already developed into a multi-level and discipline institution that takes the undergraduate education as the basis with the coordinated development of doctor education, master education, international education, higher vocational education and continuing education.
The campus of Xinjiang Agricultural University covers an area of 1496 acres and it is quiet, beautiful and well known as a garden university since its greenery is so extensive. In addition, it also has two practice farms, called Sanping and South Mountain respectively. The former covers 2,755,800 million square meters and the latter covers more than 4,600 square meters.
- School of Agriculture
- School of Forestry and Horticulture
- School of Grassland and Environmental Sciences
- School of Animal Sciences
- School of Veterinary Medicine
- School of Food sciences and Pharmacy
- School of Irrigation and Civil Engineering
- School of Mechanical Transportation
- School of Information and Computer Technology Engineering
- School of Chemical Engineering
- School of Mathematics
- School of Economics and Trade
- School of Management
- School of Chinese Language Studies
- School of Foreign Languages
- Education and Research Department for Philosophy, Politics and Theory
- Education and Research Department for Physical Sports
- School of International Education
- School of Continuing Education
- School of Science and Technology
- Centre for MPA Education
There are over 800 faculty and over 20,000 students at XAU. From 1986 to the present, more than 800 long-term and short-term foreign students from 20 countries who have finished their study and graduated from XAU in the different disciplines of Chinese language, Uygur language, Kazak language, animal husbandry and grassland, etc. Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region where XAU is located is a multi-ethnic area.
- "现任领导" [Current leaders]. XAU (in Chinese). Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- www.chinatefl.com, Retrieved on June 14, 2008
- "前进中的新疆农业大学" [Xinjiang Agricultural University in the midst of advancement]. XAU (in Chinese). Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "历史沿革" [Historical background]. Sina (in Chinese). Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "机构设置" [Institution structure]. XAU (in Chinese). Retrieved 25 February 2017.
|This article on a university, college or other tertiary educational institution in China is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|