Xinzhuang District in New Taipei City
|Special municipality||New Taipei|
|• Total||19.74 km2 (7.62 sq mi)|
|Population (January 2016)|
|• Density||9,678.14/km2 (25,066.3/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC+8)|
Xinzhuang District (Chinese: 新莊區; Hanyu Pinyin: Xīnzhuāng Qū; Tongyong Pinyin: Sinjhuang Cyu) is an inner city district in the western part of New Taipei in northern Taiwan. It has an area of 19.74 km2 (7.62 sq mi) and a population of 413,443 people (2016).
A former name of the area is Pulauan (Chinese: 武溜灣; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Bú-liu-oan). On 15 January 1980, Xinzhuang was upgraded from an urban township to be a county-controlled city of Taipei County. On 25 December 2010, Taipei County was upgraded to New Taipei City, and Xinzhuang City was upgraded to a district.
Senior High Schools
- National Xinzhuang High School (國立新莊高級中學)
- Heng Yee Catholic High School (天主教恆毅中學)
- New Taipei Municipal DanFeng High School (新北市立丹鳳高中)
- Cihyou Temple
- Losheng Sanatorium
- Siangrenhe Clock and Drum Workshop
- Temple to Erudition Deity
- Temple to the Martial Deity
- Xinzhuang Baseball Stadium
- Xinzhuang Culture and Arts Center
Taoyuan Airport MRT
- Jolin Tsai, singer and dancer
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xinzhuang District, New Taipei.|
- "Entry #40111 (武溜灣)". 臺灣閩南語常用詞辭典 [Dictionary of Frequently-Used Taiwan Minnan] (in Chinese and Hokkien). Ministry of Education, R.O.C. 2011.
- "Administrative Districts". 高雄市政府. 30 September 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2017.