Xnc or X Northern Captain is a file manager program inspired by Norton Commander for various UNIX systems released under the GNU GPL.
Supported systems include
- Ability to localize Xnc in various languages.
- Joining file manager and xterminal windows into one solid window.
- Full drag/drop mouse support
- Directory tree mode
- Branch view mode
- Compressing archives
- Context-menu for speeding up file operations with mouse
- Separated rename function from move function
- Optional Lynx style navigation type
- Four different sets of icons
- Ability to mapping mouse buttons for various actions
- Three different modifiable file view modes
- Command prompt history menu
- Ability to create bookmarks in terminal