5.04.25 / 25 April 2002
2009.05.01 / 1 May 2009
|Written in||Object Pascal using Embarcadero Delphi|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
Tran says that he designs the Xnews interface and features for himself only, reflecting his "preferences, habits, and sensibility."
Xnews does not support UTF-8 (or any other character set encoding), making it difficult or even impossible to use for reading or posting articles in languages other than English. It is, however, possible to run Xnews with "Mime-proxy" to work around this issue.
Xnews does not natively support SSL, but can be added using "Stunnel".
- Official website (archive)
- Mime-proxy (archive)
- Luu's first announcement about Xnews on news.software.readers
- Slyck's Quick Guide To Xnews
- The late Blinky the Shark's "tips and things page" for Xnews
- AlanFord's Italian Xnews translation and resources
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|