Xosha Kai Roquemore
December 12, 1984
|Alma mater||New York University|
Early life and career
Roquemore was born in 1984 in Los Angeles, and is named after the Xhosa people of South Africa. She started acting when she joined The Amazing Grace Conservatory, in ninth grade. After graduating high school, she moved to New York City and graduated from the Tisch program of the New York University.
Roquemore starred in her first major film as Jo Ann in Precious. In 2013 she was cast in a recurring role on Kirstie based on her work in the series' pilot. Her role, however, was recast after she was added as a series regular to The Mindy Project as a result of a three episode guest star stint.
Roquemore has been in a relationship with actor Lakeith Stanfield since at least August 2015. In March 2017 the couple announced they were expecting their first child together, and the baby was born later that June.
|2008||Shades of Brooklyn Vol. 1||Allison||Short film|
|2009||Precious||Jo Ann||Nominated - Washington DC Area Film Critics Association Award for Best Ensemble|
|2009||Rivers Wash Over Me||Racine Buchanan|
|2011||I Can Smoke?||Shirley||Short film|
|2014||Human Code: Emotions/Society||Video short film|
|2014||Patton Oswalt Confronts His Haters||Short film|
|2017||The Female Brain||Lola|
|2008||Viralcom||Showgirl #1||1 episode: "You Got Yourself 30 Seconds"|
|2010||Nurse Jackie||City Island Clerk||1 episode: "Comfort Food"|
|2010||10 Things I Hate About You||Baby||1 episode: "Don't Trust Me"|
|2010||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Trina Smith||1 episode: "Inhumane Society"|
|2010||My Boys||Tracee||1 episode: "The NTO"|
|2010||Playing With Guns||Cinnamon||TV Movie|
|2011||Rescue Me||Jayne||2 episodes: "Jeter", "Vows"|
|2012||Southland||Drea||1 episode: "Community"|
|2013||Kirstie||Tanya||1 episode: "Pilot"|
|2013–17||The Mindy Project||Tamra Webb||Recurring cast (season 1)|
Main cast (season 2-6)
|2018||Roseanne||Geena Williams-Conner||1 episode: "Go Cubs"|
|2018||I'm Dying Up Here||Dawn Lima||Recurring cast (season 2)|
Awards and nominations
|2009||Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award||Best Ensemble Shared with Mo'Nique, Lenny Kravitz, Paula Patton, Gabourey Sidibe, Mariah Carey, Sherri Shepherd, Stephanie Andujar, Chyna Layne, and Amina Robinson||Precious||Nominated|
- Radloff, Jessica (November 12, 2013). "Meet the Hilarious Xosha Roquemore A.K.A. Tamra on The Mindy Project". www.glamour.com. Glamour. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- Valentine, Jennifer (2008). "Introducing Xosha Roquemore". www.clutchmagonline.com. Clutch. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 26, 2013). "Xosha Roquemore Joins 'Mindy Project' As New Regular, Kevin Durand In 'The Strain'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- Juneau, Jen (March 9, 2017). "Baby on the Way for Lakeith Stanfield and Xosha Roquemore". People.
- (July 21, 2017). "Lakeith Stanfield Becomes Parents After His Dating Affair With Girlfriend Got Him A Baby!". LiveRampUp.
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|