This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Skillhive is an enterprise social software and a collaborative software designed for assessing, finding, sharing and developing expertise within organizations or professional associations. Skillhive can be used for various purposes such as competence-based management and development, knowledge management, talent management, organizational learning and innovation. 
Skillhive is targeted to medium and large sized businesses or organizations operating in a dynamic environment where continuous learning and knowledge sharing between experts is vital.
Skillhive is built on a concept called "swarm work". Swarm work is defined as a way of working which aims to imitate swarm intelligence - a form of collective intelligence - to enable decentralized groups self-organize effectively and work together towards a common goal without the need for central coordination.   
Skillhive is provided as software as a service (SaaS), cloud or on-demand service, where the software, servers and data are maintained by the service provider. The customer gets only a right to receive or use the service. Since there is no need to download and install software SaaS services like Skillhive can be seen as easy to deploy.
Skillhive provides advanced programming interface (API) which enables it to integrate to other information systems such as human resource systems and intranets. Skillhive has LinkedIn integration which enables the transfer of profile information including photos and CV information to the service.
Skillhive is developed by Intunex Ltd is a Finnish technology company founded by Janne Ruohisto in 2008. Intunex received an innovation and product development fund from TEKES in 2010. Intunex launched the first commercial version of Skillhive (called xTune) in 2011.  
Skillhive has received awards including The Association of Finnish eLearning Centre's interactive learning award eEemeli – best collaboration application 2012, and HR Tech Europe Finalist in 2012.
- Intunex at Crowdsourcing.org Archived November 8, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Intunex. Swarming – a new way of connecting expertise – Blog: September 18, 2012". Archived from the original on 2013-07-17. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- Boorman, Bill. Swarms: The future of recruiting? #TruHelsinki – Blog: September 6, 2012.
- Schmidt, Lars. The Accelerating Pace Of Innovation – Blog: September 5, 2012. Archived October 11, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Skillhive product page
- Tekesin yrityksille myöntämä rahoitus vuonna 2010 (in Finnish)
- Intunex Intunex website
- The Association of Finnish eLearning Centre – Press Release. April 4, 2012. (in Finnish)[permanent dead link]
- HR Tech Europe. iHR 2012 – 6 Finalists Announced! – Blog: September 7, 2012. Archived November 25, 2012, at the Wayback Machine