This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
xTune is an enterprise social software designed for connecting and sharing expertise within an organization. xTune can be used for competence-based management, knowledge management, talent management, and innovation management. 
xTune is targeted to medium and large sized businesses operating in a complex environment where collaboration and sharing expertise is vital.
The concept behind xTune, called "swarming," aims to imitate swarm intelligence - a form of collective intelligence. This behavior enables even large groups to work flexibly together towards a common goal.   
xTune is provided as software as a service (SaaS), cloud computing or on-demand service, where the software and data are maintained in a secure, remote server. Since there is no need to download and install software xTune can be seen as easy to deploy.
xTune uses advanced programming interface (API) which enables it to integrate to different Human resource systems and intranets. xTune has LinkedIn integration which enables the transfer of profile information including photos, skills, CV´s, and personal information to the service. The service also uses Wikipedia integration which retrieves competence descriptions directly from Wikipedia to xTune.
Intunex Ltd is a Finnish technology company founded by Janne Ruohisto in 2008. Intunex received an innovation and product development fund from TEKES in 2010. Intunex launched the first commercial version of xTune in 2011.  
- Enterprise social software
- Web 2.0
- Collective intelligence
- Cloud computing
- Human resource management
- Intunex at Crowdsourcing.org Archived November 8, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Intunex. Swarming – a new way of connecting expertise – Blog: September 18, 2012.
- Boorman, Bill. Swarms: The future of recruiting? #TruHelsinki – Blog: September 6, 2012.
- Schmidt, Lars. The Accelerating Pace Of Innovation – Blog: September 5, 2012. Archived October 11, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- xTune product page
- Tekesin yrityksille myöntämä rahoitus vuonna 2010[permanent dead link] (in Finnish)
- Intunex Intunex website
- The Association of Finnish eLearning Centre – Press Release. April 4, 2012. (in Finnish)[permanent dead link]
- HR Tech Europe. iHR 2012 – 6 Finalists Announced! – Blog: September 7, 2012. Archived November 25, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.