Xuan-Yuan Sword: Scar of Sky
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Xuan-Yuan Sword: Scar Of Sky|
Xuan-Yuan Sword: Scar Of Sky promotional poster
|Directed by||Lee Kwok-lap|
|Voices of||Yang Menglu, Sun Ye, Hu Ge|
|Opening theme||"Kiss until the End of Time" (一吻天荒) performed by Hu Ge|
|Ending theme||Love Like This (這樣愛了) performed by Jeanie Zhang|
|Country of origin||China|
|No. of episodes||35|
|Production company(s)||Chinese Entertainment Shanghai|
|Original network||Hunan Broadcasting System (HBS)|
|Original release||July 6, 2012|
|Xuan-Yuan Sword: Scar of Sky|
Xuan-Yuan Sword: Scar Of Sky is a 2012 Chinese television series adapted from Xuan-Yuan Sword, a series of role-playing video games developed by Taiwanese company Softstar Entertainment Inc. The television series is produced by Chinese Entertainment Shanghai and stars Hu Ge, Jiang Jinfu, Cecilia Liu, Tiffany Tang, Guli Nazha and Lin Gengxin. The series aired on Hunan Broadcasting System (HBS) from July 6, 2012 and runs for 35 episodes.
In AD 619, Emperor Yang of the Sui Dynasty rules China with an iron fist. During this period of unrest, legends foretold of a Red Star that would open the Mark of the Heavens and bring about the apocalypse. To combat the opening of the Mark, a scion of royalty would be born and seal it with the Xuan-Yuan Sword.
The happy-go-lucky Chen Jingchou (Jiang Jinfu), last prince of the fallen Chen Dynasty, is burdened with the avenging and resurrection of his realm, but he merely wishes a happy life. His long suffering attendant, Chen Fu, who accompanies him on his travels discovers that the fastest way to restoring the empire is to gather five mysterious artifacts, which will grant the wielder untold power. Under Chen Fu's relentless encouragement, Chen begins the quest to gather these artifacts. However, his quest forces him to face Yuwen Tuo, a golden armored and masked warrior who single-handedly destroyed the Chen's armies at the age of 10 while wielding the legendary Xuan-Yuan Sword.
Yuwen Tuo (Hu Ge), outwardly a ruthless warrior, is also the last prince of the fallen Northern Zhou Dynasty. At the fall of his dynasty, Yuwen's father was killed in battle and his mother taken hostage in the Sui palace. To save his mother, Yuwen chose the unorthodox path of joining the Sui Dynasty and becoming a feared assassin for the regime that destroyed his kingdom. His only hope lay in the same five mysterious artifacts that Chen sought. Their quests brought them together and in a twist of fate, the two who would be enemies become friends. On their journey, they meet Taba Yu'er, princess of a desert tribe (Cecilia Liu), Dugu Ningke (Tiffany Tang), princess of Sui and Yu Xiaoxue (Guli Nazha), the daughter of the goddess Nüwa, who would grow to love Yuwen Tuo.
After many trials and tribulations, the artifacts are gathered but Yuwen Tuo betrays Jing Chou and sacrifices the love that had grown between him and Xiao Xue, by stealing the artifacts. In a twist, the truth behind the artifacts is revealed. Ning Ke, who appeared to be the niece of Emperor Yang, was in actuality the daughter of the Demon Lord who had been sent to spy on those who would gather the artifacts. Yuwen Tuo, believing that the artifacts would save his mother, had in fact been acting according to the Demon Lord's plot to use the artifacts to open the Mark of the Heavens.
Having been betrayed by his friend, Chen Jingchou succumbs to hatred and, falling under the Demon Lord's sway, sets forth to kill Yuwen Tuo to avenge his betrayal and Yu'er's death. However, to save their world, the two eventually put aside their vendettas and seal the Mark of the Heavens.
- Hu Ge as Yuwen Tuo (宇文拓) / Jian Chi (劍癡)
- The last prince of the fallen Northern Zhou Dynasty, who is forced to submit to the Sui Dynasty. In order to revive his kingdom and save his mother, Yuwen Tuo embarks on a journey to seek the five mysterious artifacts. Although he is outwardly cold-hearted and ruthless, he is actually lonely and forlorn on the inside. Hu simultaneously plays Jian Chi, an alternation of his soul who is kind and innocent.
- Jiang Jinfu as Chen Jingchou (陳靖仇)
- The happy-go-lucky and kind-hearted last prince of the fallen Chen Dynasty. Although he wants to live a carefree life, he is burdened with the task of resurrecting his empire. Thus he begins on a reluctant quest to a seek the five mysterious artifacts, in order to restore his kingdom.
- Cecilia Liu as Taba Yu'er (拓跋玉兒)
- The second princess of the Northern Ta Ba tribe. After getting her heart broken from Zhang Lie's marriage to her older sister, she left her homeland and embarked on an adventure to seek the artifacts in order to revive her tribe and cure her sister's leg. Along the journey, she meets Chen Jingchou, whom she often squabbles and later fall in love with. She is intelligent, brave and skilled in martial arts.
- Tiffany Tang as Dugu Ningke (獨孤寧珂)
- The princess of Sui Dynasty, whose hidden identity is the daughter of the Demon Lord who had been sent to spy on those who would gather the artifacts. She loves Yuwen Tuo, whom she grew up with, and later betrays her tribe in order to protect their love.
- Guli Nazha as Yu Xiaoxue (于小雪)
- The descendant of goddess Nüwa, who has an amazing ability to heal and treat illnesses. She is innocent and kind in nature, and loves Jian Chi.
- Lin Gengxin as Zhang Lie (張烈)
- The future king of the Northern Ta Ba tribe. He is brave, courageous and has an ambition to over-topple the cruel and barbaric Sui Dynasty in order to protect his tribe. He loves Yu'er since they were young, but eventually marries her sister. Along the journey, he meets Chen Jingchou and his friends, and forge a deep friendship with them.
- Ma Tianyu as Lü Chengzhi (吕承志), the first king of the South who is a kind and benevolent ruler.
- Su Mao as Lü Kai (吕开)
- Lu Kai as Zhao Feihu (赵飞虎)
- Wang Xiaodong as Zhu Jinlong (朱金龙)
- Eddy Ko as Chen Fu (陈辅), Chen Jingchou's teacher and the advisor of the Chen Dynasty.
- Xiao Rongcheng as Emperor of the Chen Dynasty (陈后主)
- Zhang Xiang as Chen Feng (辰风), the senior disciple of Chen Fu.
- Li Weiting as Kun Yu (申雨), the second disciple of Chen Fu.
- Yao Yichuan as Shu Dian (戍电), the third disciple of Chen Fu.
- Luo Mi as Mao Huo (卯火), the fourth disciple of Chen Fu.
- Wu Haoyu as Little Pighead (小猪头)
Sui Dynasty and Northern Zhou Dynasty
- Ba Sen as Yang Su (杨素), a minister of Sui Dynasty and the Demon Lord's pawn.
- Zhao Yi as Emperor Yang of Sui (隋炀帝)
- Zhang Wenjun as Yang Xie (杨硕)
- Li Xianfu as Han Teng (韩腾)
- Cecilia Yip as Shan Yuwu (单羽舞), Yuwen Tuo's mother.
Ta Ba Tribe
- Huang Yingxuan as Hong Fu'nv (红拂女), Yu'er's good friend.
- Li Chengyuan as Taba Yue'er (挞拔月儿), the first princess.
- Zhou Shaodong as Taba King (挞拔大汗)
- Guo Hongqing as Demon Lord (魔君)
- Ye Qing as Mo Ruyan (如烟), a dream demon who resides at Moon River City. She feels inferior because of the scar on a face, and becomes crazed because of love.
- Tian Diaoxia as Shu Xiang (书香), a book demon who is loyal to Dugu Ningke.
- Deng Limin as Huang Hanxing (黄汉兴), a demon under Hu Zhong immortal who betrays his soul.
- Yu Qingxue as King Shan Mei (山魅王)
- Wang Wei as Rabbit Demon (兔魔), a golden rabbit who is cursed by the Ta Ba curse. Loves Zhang Lie deeply.
- Li Chengyuan as Xiao Yu (小玉), the true nature of the rabbit demon.
- Lawrence Ng as Gu Yue the Immortal (古月仙人), the Emperor of the Earth.
- Lü Yi as Queen of Di (氐人族女皇), Ruler of the Di Tribe and Gu Yue's lover.
- Wang Chunyuan as Ran Weng the Immortal (然翁仙人)
- Cheng Peipei as Granny Ma (马婆婆), a descendant of the Qin Long immortal Dragon tribe who protects Yu Xiaoxue when she is asleep.
- Michelle Yim as Nüwa (女娲)
- Han Zhenhua as Han Gong Gong (韩公公), a crafty man under the Emperor.
- Wang Dachi as Jia Bujia (贾不贾) / Jia Hushi (贾虎氏) / Jia Dakong (贾大空)
- Wu Ze Jin Xi as Ning Er (宁儿), Yuwen Tuo and Dugu Ningke's son.