Xujiahui Business District
Xuhui in Shanghai
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
The Xuhui District is centred on Xujiahui, after which it is named. Xujiahui was historically land owned by Ming dynasty bureaucrat and scientist Xu Guangqi, and later donated to the Roman Catholic Church. Being the core of Catholic Shanghai, the Xuhui District formed, together with neighbouring Luwan District, the former French Concession of Shanghai. Vestiges of the French influence can still be seen in the St. Ignatius Cathedral of Shanghai, Xuhui College, the Xujiahui Observatory, and some remaining boulevards and French-style districts.
Parts of today's Xuhui District were once the premier residential districts of Shanghai. After the revolution, however, the large estates near Xujiahui were turned into factories. In the 1990s, the Shanghai municipal government developed the district as a commercial zone. A once-prominent commercial area in the district was the Xiangyang Crafts and Gifts Market, a haven for souvenirs and intellectual property-infringing products; it was closed on June 30, 2006 by municipal authorities.
Xujiahui itself has been redeveloped as a commercial centre, with a proliferation of large-scale shopping centres and department stores. Now it is a major shopping destination in the city, with shopping malls such as Grand Gateway Shanghai and Pacific Sogo.
The educational tradition begun by Jesuits in Xuhui continues with Shanghai Jiao Tong University, the premier university in China. The district also has some of the best secondary schools in the municipality, such as South West Weiyu Middle School, Shanghai High School and Nanyang Model High School.
Xuhui District has 10 sub-districts and two townships.
|This section requires expansion. (July 2014)|
Chinese language schools:
Local high schools:
Colleges and universities:
- Bibliotheca Zi-Ka-Wei in Xujiahui
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Shanghainese Romanization||Population (2010)|
|Tianping Road Subdistrict||天平路街道||Tiānpínglù Jiēdào||thi bin lu ka do||60,533|
|Hunan Road Subdistrict||湖南路街道||Húnánlù Jiēdào||wu neu lu ka do||36,281|
|Xietu Road Subdistrict||斜土路街道||Xiétǔlù Jiēdào||zia thu lu ka do||69,710|
|Fenglin Road Subdistrict||枫林路街道||Fēnglínlù Jiēdào||fon lin lu ka do||112,400|
|Changqiao Subdistrict||长桥街道||Chángqiáo Jiēdào||tzan djio ka do||118,872|
|Tianlin Subdistrict||田林街道||Tiánlín Jiēdào||di lin ka do||97,171|
|Hongmei Road Subdistrict||虹梅路街道||Hóngméilù Jiēdào||ron me lu ka do||34,877|
|Kangjian Xincun Subdistrict||康健新村街道||Kāngjiàn Xīncūn Jiēdào||khaon dji sin tsen ka do||100,444|
|Xujiahui Subdistrict||徐家汇街道||Xújiāhuì Jiēdào||zi ka we ka do||92,915|
|Lingyun Road Subdistrict||凌云路街道||Língyún lù Jiēdào||lin yun lu ka do||108,582|
|Longhua Subdistrict||龙华街道||Lónghuá Jiēdào||lon rau ka do||85,769|
|Caohejing Sudistrict||漕河泾街道||Cáohéjīng Jiēdào||dzo wu cin ka do||97,917|
|Huajing Town||华泾镇||Huájīng Zhèn||rau cin tzen||67,415|
|Caohejing Hi-tech Park||漕河泾新兴技术开发区||Cáohéjīng Xīnxīng Jìshù Kāifāqū||dzo wu cin sin xin djij dzeq khe faq chiu||2,244|
- Line 1 - Jinjiang Park, Shanghai South Railway Station , Caobao Road, Shanghai Indoor Stadium , Xujiahui , Hengshan Road, Changshu Road
- Line 3 - Shanghai South Railway Station , Shilong Road, Longcao Road, Caoxi Road, Yishan Road
- Line 4 - Yishan Road
- Line 7 - Changshu Road , Zhaojiabang Road , Dong'an Road , Middle Longhua Road
- Line 9 - Caohejing Hi-Tech Park, Guilin Road, Yishan Road , Xujiahui , Zhaojiabang Road , Jiashan Road
- Line 10 - Hongqiao Road , Jiaotong University , Shanghai Library
- Line 11 - Longyao Road, Yunjin Road, Longhua, Shanghai Swimming Center, Xujiahui
- Jinshan Railway - Shanghainan Station
- "Population and Employment". shanghai.gov.cn. Shanghai Municipal People's Government. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Investor Relations Home." Home Inn. Retrieved on February 18, 2013. "Headquarters Home Inns & Hotels Management Inc. No.124 Cao Bao Road, Xu Hui District Shanghai 200235, PRC" - Chinese address: "上海市徐汇区漕宝路124号"
- "AFFILIATED COMPANIES." Toei Animation. Retrieved on November 17, 2011. "Unit807, Feidiao International Plaza, No.1065, Zhaojiabang Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai, China"
- "Contact Us" (Archive). Shanghai Singapore International School Shanghai. Retrieved on July 31, 2013. "XuHui Campus (Preschool / Primary) 1455, Hua Jing Road, XuHui District, Shanghai PRC 200231"
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xuhui District.|