|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||3,437.93 km2 (1,327.39 sq mi)|
|• Density||220/km2 (560/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Located on the west central Hunan,the county is bordered to the north by Yuanling County, to the northeast by Anhua County, to the east by Xinhua and Longhui Counties, to the south by Dongkou County, to the west by Hongjiang City, Zhongfang and Chenxi Counties. Xupu County covers 3,440.10 km2 (1,328.23 sq mi), as of 2015, It had a registered population of 932,400 and a resident population of 752,400. Xupu County has 18 towns under its jurisdiction, the government seat is Shenli Community (卢峰镇胜利社区).
The Xu River (溆水) flows through the built-up area where it is joined by the Sandu River (三都河). Some kilometers downstream it joins the Yuan River.
According to the Xupu County Almanac (1993:641), the following three subgroups of Yao live in over 41 villages and number about 2,600 people.
- Flowery Yao 花瑶
- Flowery-Trouser Yao 花裤瑶
- Seven-Surname Yao 七姓瑶
- www.xzqh.org (Chinese)
- Google (2014-07-02). "Xupu" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Huaihua City Land Use Plan (2006–20)/《怀化市土地利用总体规划（2006-2020年）》.(Chinese) Accessed 8 July 2014.
- "怀化市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报" (in Chinese). Huaihua Statistical Bureau/怀化市统计局. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- the population of Xupu County in 2015, according to the Statistical Communiqué of Xupu County on the 2015 National Economic and Social Development - (2015年溆浦县国民经济和社会发展统计公报): huaihua.gov.cn or ahmhxc.com
- the divisions of Xupu County in 2015, according to the result on adjustment of township-level administrative divisions of Xupu County on November 19, 2015 - 《湖南省民政厅关于同意溆浦县乡镇区划调整方案的批复》(湘民行发〔2015〕49号): rednet.cn; also see 《湖南省乡镇区划调整改革109个县市区批复方案》: people.com or xinhuanet.com
|This Hunan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|