|Directed by||Tizuka Yamasaki|
|Produced by||Diler Trindade|
Wagner de Assis
|Music by||Mu Carvalho|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox (Brazil)|
|Box office||$4.17 million|
Xuxa Requebra (English: Xuxa Gets Down) is a 1999 Brazilian musical romantic comedy film directed by Tizuka Yamasaki, with final script by Evandro Mesquita. His cast includes razilian singer, TV host and actress Xuxa Meneghel, singer Daniel and Elke Maravilha as protagonists of the story, as well as the participation of countless Brazilian artists such as Carla Perez, Luciano Huck and Fat Family.
Requebra was Fox's first Brazilian co-production and debuted in theaters on December 17, 1999. The show was watched by approximately 2,074,461 viewers and earned more than 8 million reais for its producers, according to Ancine
The Dance Academy Two Hearts, where Nena (Xuxa Meneghel) studied, is in danger. The terrible Macedonian (Elke Maravilha), an inveterate smoker, bandit and businessman with the facade of a businesswoman, intends to take advantage of the Academy's bad financial situation to take over its facilities. But there is hope: the Requebra 2000 contest, the Millennium dance tournament, which takes place in Rio de Janeiro, and has a sponsor willing to give a large prize money that would solve the problem of the Academy. To win the tournament, the group has the indispensable help of Nena, a former student of the Academy and now a journalist of the famous daily Hora X. But Macedon is responsible for his stepson Felipe (Daniel), to hire professional dancers to beat them ruthlessly. In addition, he has Guto (Vitor Hugo) as his spy and uses his clumsy henchmen to sabotage the staff of the Dance Academy during the qualifiers.
- Xuxa Meneghel as a Nena (Helena)
- Daniel as a Felipe Macedo
- Elke Maravilha as a Macedão (Iare Macedo)
- Yara Lins as a Dona Laura
- Vitor Hugo as a Guto
- Alice Borges as a Bárbara
- Pedro Kling as a Pedrinho
- Ricardo Blat as a Writing head
- Márcia de Oliveira as a Lurdinha
- Evandro Mesquita as a PJ
- Andréa Veiga as a Andréa
- Cláudio Heinrich as a Cláudio
- Andréia Faria (Sorvetão) as a Andréa
- Marcelo Faustini as a Marcelo
- Tiazinha as a Motogirl #1
- Luciano Huck as a Presenter of Requebra 2000
- Carla Perez as a Motogirl #2
- Sérgio Loroza as a Barman
- Feiticeira as a Girl from the Requebra 2000 awards
- Vinny as a popcorn seller
- Adriana Bombom as a Adriana
- Claudinho e Buchecha as a Masons
- Graziella Schmitt as a student
- Fly as a student
- Ana Paula Almeida as a student
- Kadu as a aluno
- Gisele Delaia as a student
- Kall as a student
- Tom as a student
- Andrezza Cruz as a student
- Vitor Mihailoff as a Vitor (Macedonian capuchin)
- Carlinhos de Jesus as a traffic cop
- Maurício Souza Lima as a boss of the henchmen
- Aisha Jambo as a student
- Gilberto Hernandez as a Gil (Macedonian capuchin)
- Ed Oliveira as a Ed (Macedonian capuchin)
- Bira Xavier as a Bira (Macedonian capuchin)
- Eduardo Reis as a Eduardo (Macedonian capuchin)
- Mikele Kegler as a Mikele (Macedonian capuchin)
- Márcio Mariante as a student
- Fat Family as a Macedonian capuchin
- Johnson Teixeira as a student
- Arnaldo Klay as a student
- Carla Visi as a Commissioner of Police
- Terra Samba as a Car Washers
- Breno Moroni as a student father
- Lissa Diniz as a Ballet dancer
- Marcelo Portinari as a Brutamontes
- Monalisa Lins as a Dona Laura (young)
- Pedro Diniz as a student
- Ágata Jornoorki as a Nena (baby)
- Felipe Lima as a boy listening to the radio
- Kristie Miyamoto as a Lin Din
- Naina Yamasaki as a student
- Manuela Pontes de Mesquita as a student
- Luana Kummerle as a student
- Paquitas 2000 as a student
Background and production
During a certain period, Xuxa tried very hard to act in a new film. There were several screenings, including one of which came to be worked as the comedy "Morrendo de Rir" that would be produced in 1994. Despite the various attempts, there were great difficulties for the realization of a new film, especially in the 90's where production of Brazilian films was weak.
Requebra was an old project and had been working since 1996. That year, Xuxa announced that she would make her return to theaters, including in a Xuxa Hits, the blonde even told a bit about the story that would be a kind of continuation of Sonho de Verão.<
With the title of Very Crazy Holidays, the movie would feature as Paquitas New Generation, Adriana Bombom and the boys of You Can Dance who even got to record a song that would serve as the main theme. In the story, blonde stage assistants would live high school students on the brink of bankruptcy. Macedon (in the first version a man) would take advantage of the situation and try to dominate the area where the institution was constructed. With the help of a mysterious teacher (who would be played by Xuxa), the class would be eligible for a sports competition, whose prize money would save the college from debt. The film was scheduled for 1997 and much of the cast had already been defined as the participation of ex-paquitos Marcelo Faustini and Cláudio Heinrich.
After difficulties due to the cost, the film curiously suffered modifications in its plot, mainly with the entrance of the actor Evandro Mesquita in the script. The story was told in a dance academy, but its title had been kept.
The choice of who would give life to the character Felipe came from a research commissioned by the production of the film. Several options were given for the role, as for example the singer Alexandre Pires, however the public preferred the also singer Daniel.
The exchange of the name of Férias Muito Loucas (Very Mad Holidays) for Requebra appeared during the recordings of the film after the singer Vinny show the song for the production.
The soundtrack of the film of the same name, released in 1999 by Som Livre and Globo/Universal. The album consists of songs performed by the protagonist, the Brazilian presenter Xuxa Meneghel and other artists. The soundtrack to the film "Xuxa Requebra" was released in late 1999 shortly after the release of the film. The soundtrack brings various artists such as Fat Family, Claudinho & Buchecha, Daniel, Mú Carvalho and You Can Dance. The booklet is simple, without letters, only with the credits. Fat Family's version of the song "Chegou a Festa" is different from the group's CD version. And the song "Mãe é uma Só", also of Fat Family, is the version of the redution of the film that was not used.
Xuxa Requebra original score album cover art
|Soundtrack album by Xuxa Meneghel|
|Track listing – CD edition|
|2.||"No Ponto Pra Mim"||Daniel||4:37|
|4.||"Só o Nosso Amor"||4:20|
|5.||"Mãe é Uma só"||Nelita Oliveira Cipriano||Fat Family||2:10|
|6.||"Chegou a Festa"||Tapajos E.M.I||Fat Family||4:10|
|7.||"Xereta"||Claudinho & Buchecha||3:38|
|8.||"Banho de Chuveiro"||Terra Samba||3:44|
|10.||"Cheiro de Festa"||Banda Cheiro de Amor||4:23|
|11.||"Pela Beira do Mar"||Mú Carvalho|
|12.||"Bota o Bumbum Pra Dançar"||You Can Dance||4:38|
|13.||"Dois Corações"||Mú Carvalho||Mú Carvalho|
|14.||"Tango Street Macedão"||Mú Carvalho||Mú Carvalho|
The film Xuxa Requebra made the highest grossing of a national film, in the first week of exhibition, in the 1990s in the country. The film was watched by approximately 2,074,461 spectators and earned more than 8 million reais for its producers, according to Ancine.
Xuxa Requebra received generally negative from critics. Clara A of website Adoro Cinema was negative in her film critique, giving a star of five, The critical consensus of the site says: And so is Xuxa in the cinema: with a simple and predictable story that wins the taste of children, even more with the artists who were famous at the time. I felt in the true show of freshmen of Chacrinha. She also criticized the excess of singers who participated in the cast of the film saying: Every 20 minutes someone comes to Xuxa Break up someone to sing and make a point in the film, to increase even more success. Okay, that was nice at the time and it's a lot of relief, but calm down. She also criticized the couple formed by Xuxa and the singer Daniel saying: Not before, nor now nor at any time, Daniel was a gallant of something. And it's still the romantic pair of Xuxa. Appeal, is not it?.
The critic of the site Folha de S.Paulo, was also negative in relation to the excess of participation of artists in the cast saying: "Xuxa Requebra" is less a movie and another commercial of two hours in duration. Basic concepts of cinema, such as history and narrative, do not seem to matter much. The goal is to squeeze as much merchandising as possible on the screen and advertise "TV" musicians and "celebrities" hired from the Xuxa company. He defined the film as "Inaugurated the cinema of accountant" For him "There is no script, but a bad sequence of scenes, written in a hurry to give each friend of Xuxa his 15 seconds (it's a lot of people!) fame." He also criticized the script and the dialogue defining them as "bland" questioning "Can not anyone write something better than" if we win the contest, I promise to stay a year without eating popcorn "or" I thought it was 15 o'clock in the afternoon"?, The little humor of the film is totally involuntary and in bad taste".
Ruy Gardnier of the Portal Contratempo wrote that the film 'is a disgusting "Manichaeism, a pamphlet that more mystifies than it informs (and it must be admitted that just what today's youth lack is information), an uplifting discourse that always reaches maximum happiness in the end." for the critic, the phrase that most resonates at the end is "That was the choreography of the beating", is a sad and inconsequential flattery of the much-health-few-nerves generation, for whom, by the way, it seems that the film was made. He ended the assessment by saying that Xuxa Requebra is "the cavernous portrait of the health generation, and arrogating the right to make moral of the decisions of others with the pseudointuito to educate the children against drugs, against the cigarette ends up doing the times of prejudice, of pure capitalism (that tries to criticize), of the "bruise" and the magnificent life of the young healed dancing to the sound of Vinny's "Requebra" and being moved to the sound of the litanies of Daniel".
- "Xuxa Requebra" (in Portuguese). Cinemateca Brasileira. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "Globo 'Auto' in high gear to top B.O." Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- Xuxa Produções. "Xuxa.com - Discos". Xuxa.com. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- "Xuxa Requebra". Discogs. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Xuxa Requebra bate recorde de bilheteria nacional". Diário do Grande ABC. September 8, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-08.
- "CINEMA BRASILEIRO NO SECULO 21". September 8, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-08.
- "Filmes nacionais com mais de um milhão de espectadores" (PDF). Ancine. September 8, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-08.
- "Xuxa Requebra". Adoro Cinema. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Inaugurado o cinema de contador". Folha de S.Paulo. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Xuxa Requebra". Portal Contratempo. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "'Xuxa Requebra' tem elenco de famosos e roteiro fraco". Diário do Grande ABC. September 8, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-08.
- ""Xuxa Requebra", um musical, estréia em dezembro". Folha de Londrina. September 8, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-08.