This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Pocket PC smartphone|
|Media||MiniSD, 128 MB internal memory|
|Operating system||Windows Mobile 5–6.5|
|CPU||416 MHz PXA270|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth, WiFi, USB, IR|
The Pocket PC Apache is a Windows Mobile 5.0 device, sold as the PPC-6700 by Sprint, and the XV6700 by Verizon Wireless and other US carriers. The device was one of the first CDMA Windows Mobile 5.0 devices on the market, and the first to be released in the United States. It has a slide out keyboard.
The upgraded generation of the model is the HTC Mogul, also known as the HTC Titan, the PPC-6800, or the XV6800 from Verizon Wireless.
- CDMA 1xRTT/EVDO
- 802.11b Wi-Fi
- 1.3 Megapixel camera/camcorder
- Built in QWERTY slide out keyboard (but no hardware ctrl key)
- Blue LED keyboard backlight
- 2.88" 64K color TFT touchscreen
- USB and infrared dial up networking
- MiniSD / MMC card slot
Reference: Section 5.4 of the Verizon XV6700 User Manual (expansion slot compatible with miniSD and MMC cards)
- Band: CDMA 800/1900
- Weight: 6.07 oz
- Dimensions: 4.25" x 2.32" x 0.93"
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion polymer 1350 mAh
- Display Resolution: 240x320 16-bit QVGA
- Java: Yes, MIDP: 2.0
- Built in memory: 128 MB (Flash memory), 64 MB Ram
Due to the popularity of the device there are many unofficial Operating System releases found on the Internet. Most notably, Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional.
US production rights
As of July 7, 2008 UTStarcom no longer supports the HTC Apache for US customers.
- Manufacturer's site
- Product page
- Microsoft Windows Mobile
- Custom Rom enthusiasts
- HTC Custom Rom kitchen
- AIG Investments support page for default firmware and documentation on the PPC6700 and XV6700
- UT Starcom support link for Verizon Wireless - Deprecated
- UT Starcom support link for Sprint - deprecated
- Running Linux on the HTC Apache phone
- Chinese xv6700 website