This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
0.10.82 / April 17, 2009
Xynth is an embedded windowing system, released under LGPL, developed for systems with low resources, is an alternative for X Window System. The goal of the project is to release a soft but portable and powered Window Environment. The source language is C. A fork of the project exists as XFast.
- UDS (Unix Domain Sockets) for IPC
- DMA (Direct Memory Access) for each client window surface
- Overlapped client window - server management
- 8-way Move, Resize
- Runtime Theme Pluging Support
- Built-in image renderer xpm, png
- Antialiased fonts with Freetype Library.
- No dependencies except FBDev or SVGALib
- Device independent basic low-level graphics library
- Overlay Drawing Ability
- Anti Flicker Double Buffer Rendering
- Keyboard, Mouse, Touchscreen drivers
- Remote Desktop Support.
- Built-in window manager.
- Low Memory and CPU Usage and Foot Print.
- In 1024x768x32bits mode with 253 clients open Memory usage is ~2,5M
- Static linked binary is of ~125K size.
|This article related to a desktop environment is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|