The Saga of Tanya the Evil
|The Saga of Tanya the Evil|
First light novel volume cover
|Written by||Carlo Zen|
|Illustrated by||Shinobu Shinotsuki|
|Original run||October 31, 2013 – present|
|Written by||Carlo Zen|
|Illustrated by||Chika Tōjō|
|Published by||Kadokawa Shoten|
|Original run||April 26, 2016 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Yōjo Senki: Saga of Tanya the Evil|
|Directed by||Yutaka Uemura|
|Written by||Kenta Ihara|
|Music by||Shūji Katayama|
|Original network||AT-X, Tokyo MX, SUN, KBS, TVA, BS11|
|Original run||January 6, 2017 – March 31, 2017|
|Directed by||Yutaka Uemura|
The Saga of Tanya the Evil, known in Japan as Yōjo Senki (幼女戦記, literally "The Military Chronicles of a Little Girl"), is a Japanese light novel series written by Carlo Zen and illustrated by Shinobu Shinotsuki. Enterbrain has published nine volumes since October 31, 2013. A manga adaptation with art by Chika Tōjō began serialization in Kadokawa Shoten's Comp Ace magazine from April 26, 2016. An anime television series adaptation by NUT aired from January 6, 2017 to March 31, 2017. In January 2018, it was announced that a theatrical film, taking place after the events of the TV anime series, is currently in production.
An atheist Japanese salaryman, in the moment of being murdered, is confronted by a self-righteous entity he refers to as "Being X", who condemns the man for not believing that "Being X" is God. He is sentenced to be reborn in a world that is similar to World War I Europe, mixed with early aspects of World War II and magic, in an empire torn apart by countless wars with all nearby countries. The salaryman is reborn as a girl, Tanya Degurechaff. According to "Being X", if she's not able to die a natural death, or she refuses to have faith in Him, her soul will leave the circle and be sent to hell for the countless sins that Tanya has committed in her previous life. In search for an escape, Tanya decides to enter into the Empire's Mages Division and fight in the world war, hoping to reach a high enough rank as fast as possible to remain far from the battlefield, and in this way avoid the risk of being killed. Even if she's now forced to speak with a young girl's lisp, Tanya soon turns into a ruthless soldier who prioritizes efficiency and her own career over anything else, even the lives of those beneath her, especially those that get on her bad side.
- Tanya von Degurechaff (ターニャ・フォン・デグレチャフ Tānya fon Degurechafu)
- Voiced by: Aoi Yūki (Japanese); Monica Rial (English)
- Tanya is a young blonde, blue-eyed girl who is the reincarnation of a cold-hearted, atheist and social-darwinistic Japanese salaryman. She is a mage with magical powers that enable her to fly and fire explosive bullets. Compared to others, Tanya has a high latent magical ability, and is the only one capable of using an experimental Type-95 operation orb due to Being X's interference. She controls a battalion of elite mages whose main purpose is to overwhelm enemy forces while also remaining highly mobile and relatively small. Tanya is quite ruthless and intolerant of failings in others, much the same as in her previous life, and employs several extreme punishments and training methods. After she graduated from the War College as one of the Twelve Knights, she was granted the title of von. Currently her rank is Major.
- Viktoriya Ivanovna Serebryakov (Visha) (ヴィクトーリヤ・イヴァーノヴナ・セレブリャコーフ (ヴィーシャ) Vīkutōriya Ivuānovuna Sereburyakōfu (Vīsha))
- Voiced by: Saori Hayami (Japanese); Jeannie Tirado (English)
- Viktoriya is a Second Lieutenant in the Imperial Army and serves under Tanya Degurechaff, and later becomes her adjutant. Different from other characters from the Empire, Viktoriya is a refugee from the Revolution of the Rus' Union and her family was originally a member of the Rus aristocracy. Having served under Tanya during the Battle of the Rhine, Viktoriya is more familiar with Tanya's true personality, to which she shows fear, but also respect. As a result of knowing Tanya, Viktoriya is more able to keep up with Tanya compared to her other soldiers. However, despite knowing Tanya's side character, Viktoriya seems to believe that Tanya actually cares for her subordinates and her harsh treatment of them, is to ultimately ensure their survival. In the manga, Viktoriya's "particular" point of view of Tanya's character, seem to have started when Viktoriya, during her first true battle, is saved by Tanya at the last second, who (to hide her enjoyment in killing the enemy soldiers) quoted General Robert E. Lee, saying to Viktoriya "It is well that war is so horrible, otherwise men would grow fond of it", starting the misunderstanding.
- Erich von Rerugen (エーリッヒ・フォン・レルゲン Ērihhi fon Rerugen)
- Voiced by: Shinichiro Miki (Japanese); J. Michael Tatum (English)
- He is a Lieutenant Colonel in the Imperial Army and has known Tanya since she joined the military. He has seen Tanya's true nature during her time in training, and views her as a monster in a little girl's form.
- Kurt von Rudersdorf (クルト・フォン・ルーデルドルフ Kuruto fon Rūderudorufu)
- Voiced by: Tesshō Genda (Japanese); Greg Dulcie (English)
- He is the Deputy Chief of Operations in the Imperial General Staff Office.
- Hans von Zettour (ハンス・フォン・ゼートゥーア Hansu fon Zētūa)
- Voiced by: Hōchū Ōtsuka (Japanese); Mark Stoddard (English)
- He is the Deputy Chief of Logistics in the Imperial General Staff Office.
- Anson Sioux (アンソン・スー Anson Sū)
- Voiced by: Kenyuu Horiuchi (Japanese); Jarrod Greene (English)
- He is the captain of the 5th Aerial Mage Wing. He has a daughter called Mary Sioux. He is later promoted to the grade of Colonel after the death of his superior officer. In the anime, he is believed to have been killed in battle by Tanya, during the Battle of the Orse Fjord. Later it is revealed that he actually survived and had vision of God ("Being X") who told him to kill the "Devil". In order to achieve his objective, he accepted to be part of an Allied Kingdom mage special force, managing to corner Tanya and her battalion over the sea. However, though in the end, he almost succeed in killing Tanya, even willing to blow himself up to kill her, through Viktoriya's intervention, Anson failed to kill her and eventually died in his own explosion.
The novels are written by Carlo Zen and illustrated by Shinobu Shinotsuki. It was initially serialized on the web novel hosting website Arcadia, before Enterbrain's acquisition. The first volume was released on October 31, 2013, and as of January 12, 2018, nine volumes have been released. A drama CD was released with the third volume.
|No.||Title||Japanese release||English release|
|1||Deus lo Vult||October 31, 2013 |
|December 19, 2017|
|2||Plus Ultra||May 31, 2014 |
|March 20, 2018|
|3||The Finest Hour||November 29, 2014 |
|July 31, 2018|
|4||Dabit deus his quoque finem.||June 29, 2015 |
|November 13, 2018 |
|5||Abyssus abyssum invocat||January 30, 2016 |
|6||Nil admirari||July 30, 2016 |
|7||Ut sementem feceris, ita metes||December 28, 2016 |
|8||In omnia paratus||June 30, 2017 |
|9||Omnes una manet nox||January 12, 2018 |
|No.||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN||English release date||English ISBN|
|1||December 10, 2016||ISBN 978-4-0410-5125-2||February 6, 2018||ISBN 978-0-316-44404-0|
|In June 1923, a young Empire soldier, Tanya, has a flash back to when she was a salaryman in 2013. She recalls the first conversation she has with a deity claiming to be God, Tanya dubs the deity Being X. She was subsequently reincarnated as a young girl into another world. She grows up and after discovering her aptitude for magic, joins the Imperial Army. On her first training deployment she is targeted by an unexpected enemy counterattack and is forced to engage alone. Unable to withstand, she blows herself and surrounding enemies up in a attempted suicide attack. In the capital Berun, Erich von Rerugen broods over Tanya's military record, contemplating whether she is a monster or a hero. After her first mission, Tanya is ordered to test an experimental operation orb, the Type 95 Elinium Operation Orb. After many experiments with the orb, it was deemed unsuccessful and its development discontinued. However, just before the project is discontinued, Tanya is sent to test the orb again with a promise of success. In the midst of the test, the operation orb is about to explode and kill her. However, an intervention by Being X prevents this and makes the Type 95 function, thereby creating a miracle. Using the orb forces her to pray or praise god involuntarily. At the boarding house of the Imperial Army Cadet Corps, Viktoriya Ivanovna Serebryakov is having breakfast while discussing her new platoon leader (Tanya). Tanya has received her reassignment from the technology department and will depart to the frontline against the Republic of François. She is named leader of a flight in the 205th Assault Mage Squadron under the command of the Squadron Commander Lieutenant Iren Schwarzkopf. After a short briefing of the Rhine front situation she went to greet her new squadron consisting of two volunteers and a conscript Visha (Serebryakov) to which she expresses some respect for performing her duties as a citizen.|
|2||December 26, 2016||ISBN 978-4-0410-5126-9||May 22, 2018||ISBN 978-0-316-44408-8|
|3||January 26, 2017||ISBN 978-4-0410-5127-6||July 24, 2018||ISBN 978-1-975-35337-7|
|4||April 10, 2017||ISBN 978-4-0410-5533-5||October 30, 2018||ISBN 978-1-975-35374-2|
|5||May 10, 2017||ISBN 978-4-0410-5534-2||—||—|
|6||June 9, 2017||ISBN 978-4-0410-5766-7||—||—|
|7|| November 11, 2017 (Special Edition)|
November 25, 2017 (Regular Edition)
|8||February 26, 2018||ISBN 978-4-0410-6544-0||—||—|
|9||April 26, 2018||ISBN 978-4-0410-6943-1||—||—|
|10||September 25, 2018||ISBN 978-4-04-106944-8||—||—|
An anime television series adaptation by NUT aired from January 6, 2017 to March 31, 2017. Crunchyroll has licensed the series in North America. The opening theme is "JINGO JUNGLE" by Myth & Roid and the ending theme is "Los! Los! Los!" by Aoi Yūki as Tanya Degurechaff.
An anime film based on the franchise was announced in January 2018. The film will see a number of the staff and cast of the television series reprise their roles, and will be a direct sequel to the series.
|No.||Title[a]||Original air date|
|1||"The Devil of the Rhine"|
"Rain no Akuma" (ラインの悪魔)
|January 6, 2017|
|The Empire army is fighting a losing battle at the Rhine theater before Platoon 3 mages arrive led by Second Lieutenant Tanya Degurechaff who blows up the enemies below using an explosion spell. The Empire was once a prime military power but is now surrounded by several strong enemies. The Empire implemented Plan 315, placing small military bases on the border to hold back the enemy while allowing the highly mobile main force to support each base in turn. However, the main force is delayed and reinforcements are pinned down. On the battlefield, when two mages, Harald and Kurst disobey Tanya's orders and are insubordinate, so she sends them to the rear on standby in a pillbox. Meanwhile the 403 Company artillery observers have come under attack from enemy mages. Tanya proposes a delaying action but says rescue may be difficult. When they encounter the enemy mages led by First Lieutenant Augustin Hosman, Tanya orders the three members of her platoon to rendezvous with Lieutenant Schwarzkopf and engages them herself. With a demonic gleam in her eyes, she fights them and then demands that they stand down. They refuse, so she uses a powerful spell that shoots a giant explosive bullet, wiping out the rest of the enemy mages. Later, in the Republican capital Parisee, they discuss Tanya who their troops call "The Devil of the Rhine". At the Empire's Strategy and Operations department, Lieutenant Colonel Rerugen is concerned that Tanya Degurechaff was sent to Rhine theater, he calls her a monster in the form of a girl. Meanwhile Corporal Viktoriya Serebryakov learns that Kurst and Harald are dead after an enemy bombed the pillbox, something Tanya had already anticipated.|
|January 13, 2017|
|In Tokyo in 2013, a poor performing salaryman is fired, and later, pushes the heartless supervisor who fired him in front of a train. As the supervisor falls, time stands still and he hears the words of God coming from the people at the station. He says that he does not believe in God, nor the devil, so calls the entity Being X. Being X decides to reincarnate him as a baby girl, Tanya, in 1913 in Berun, a place that parallels Europe of that time. Tanya grows up in a poor orphanage where it is discovered that she has an aptitude as a mage. While still a young girl, rather than be conscripted, she volunteers for the military as an opportunity for advancement. She does well and is entrusted with training new students although she is quite ruthless and brutal. In 1923 at the age of 9, Tanya acts as an artillery observer while on maneuvers at the Northern Theater Force Garrison when the country is invaded by the Entente Alliance. Lieutenant Colonel Anson Sioux leads a company of the 5th Air Mage Battalion after Tanya who is ordered to stay and delay them. She manages to delay them, relishing the battle, but is badly injured. Later, back at Garrison Headquarters hospital, Tanya is awarded the Silver Wings Assault Badge, but hopes she isn’t sent to the battle front. Instead, she is dressed up and lauded as a hero of the Empire.|
"Kami ga Sore o Nozomareru" (神がそれを望まれる)
|January 20, 2017|
|After recovering from her injuries Tanya is assigned to the Tactical Instructor squad back home to her great relief. She tests a new type of computation jewel, Elenium Type-95 but this proves as dangerous as the front lines. The jewel is unstable, but Development Chief Engineer Adelheid von Schugel pushes her to her limit. After criticizing the technology, she requests a transfer which is approved, and the project is frozen. That night, Being X animates a toy soldier and accuses Tanya of not having developed any faith or insight, but Tanya disagrees and smashes it. She wakes and assumes it was a dream, but sees a paper with Deus lo vult (God wills it) written on it. Tanya participates in one more experiment and just as the jewel is about to explode, God performs a miracle and stabilizes the jewel to prove his power. This forces her to praise him, but she now believes this is a curse. The next year, 1924, Tanya is again in the front lines, cursing the need to give thanks for God’s blessings so that she can use the jewel safely in battle. Headquarters decide to send her to officer training and she recommends Viktoriya for promotion. They both prepare to return to the capital. Meanwhile Headquarters realize they need a rapid response unit.|
"Kyanpasu Raifu" (キャンパス・ライフ)
|January 27, 2017|
|Six months after leaving the front lines Tanya is still at military university and is doing well at her studies. She meets General Zettour in the academy library and he asks her opinion on the war. She predicts that it will become a world war and outlines a strategy for the Empire, using the firepower and agility of mages to minimize military losses. He is impressed by her battle knowledge and ideas. He asks for a report which she sees as an opportunity for career advancement. Later, Tanya meets Captain Uger, one of her university rivals, in a café, but he is more concerned about his family than the war and about the future impact the war will have on his daughter, who he fears may one day be forced to fight in the battlefield as Tanya did. Tanya is able to emotionally manipulate him to drop out of university, in exchange for a safer work, securing her position as one of the elite students at the university. Zettour passes Tanya's plan to General Kurt von Rudersdorf. At a Strategic Headquarters conference, Zettour tables Tanya's plan for a rapid-response mage battalion, which is accepted. At the western theater garrison, Erich von Rerugen is furious when he learns that Tanya's plan has been implemented with her in command. Tanya is invited to dinner with the Colonel and is put in charge of a new 48 member rapid-response mage battalion. Much to her horror this will be more dangerous than the front lines. She tries to find ways to delay the implementation, especially after piles of applications for the battalion are received, but Viktoriya is assigned to assist her.|
|5||"My First Battalion"|
"Hajimari no daitai" (はじまりの大隊)
|February 3, 2017|
|Tanya holds a test to decide on whether or not the mages who have sent in applications are worthy, but most fail, and the higher-ups state her standards are too high. She declares that she will re-educate the troops in just a month, and is granted free rein on how to go about it. She holds a grueling program, with many nearly dying, to deter them from continuing, but the mages are instead frightened that dropping out will incur even worse punishment and decide to continue training. Within the month, they are successfully transformed into her battalion. She is then told she is being sent with her battalion to the southeastern front, to Dakia. There, the first battle she encounters is totally in their favor. The enemy have no mages and still use techniques for out-dated forms of warfare. She proceeds forward, to the capital to test their limits. In the Dakia capital, they find a Republic-backed arms factory, and decides to attack it, but in accordance to international law, they can only destroy the factory and must declare their actions in advance, as well, in order to allow for evacuation, despite it giving away their surprise advantage. However, Tanya uses a child-like voice as a loophole, declaring their intentions, but making the enemy believe it to be a joke. Having fulfilled their obligation, Tanya and her battalion proceed to destroy the factory.|
|6||"Beginning of Madness"|
"Kyōki no makuake" (狂気の幕開け)
|February 10, 2017|
|Headquarters decides that they should wipe out Dakia and turn their attention to the Entente Alliance, but are worried that the winter supplies won't last unless they use Tanya's battalion. Later, Tanya and Viktoriya discuss the possibility of the Triple Entente being allied to the Republic and/or the Allied Kingdom, which is later shown to be true. Tanya realizes that Being X may be orchestrating the upcoming world war. In the northern supply base, Viper Battalion is losing against the Entente and other backup foreign mages and bombers. Tanya's battalion comes in just in time to rescue Viper Battalion and launch an attack. Tanya turns down interceptors and reinforcement to create a name for her battalion and goes after the bombers herself before heading down to capture prisoners. Being X appears, and asks Tanya how it feels to fight a war with the whole world. Tanya shoots his avatar down and later eradicates a hidden observation post who was gathering data on her. In the Republican Capital, Lieutenant Colonel Zevran Biantot informs General Pierre Michelaud Lugo of the failure of the Entente Alliance and the Republic mage casualties and advises him to refrain from sending Republic mages to the Entente Alliance, but Lugo refuses, seemingly under a trance. In the Entente Ministry of Defence, it is revealed that Anson Sioux had been promoted to Colonel, but is worried about dying and leaving his wife and daughter alone.|
"Senkyō hōkoku" (戦況報告)
|February 17, 2017|
|This is a recap of previous episodes in Tanya's point of view.|
|7||"The Battle of the Fjord"|
"Fiyorudo no kōbō" (フィヨルドの攻防)
|February 24, 2017|
|At the Legadonia Entente Alliance Port Arnelus, Colonel Anson Sioux farewells his daughter as he left to take command of the relatively quiet Orse Fjord. Meanwhile at the Imperial Army Northern Theater Command Strategy Conference, Tanya proposes a strategic retreat, to resupply Imperial forces instead of a futile short-term offensive. She deduces that it is a diversion for Empire forces to launch a sea offensive. The Empire decides to send the Mage Battalion to launch a surprise attack at the heavily defended Orse Fjord in advance of their North Sea Fleet. During the attack they are intercepted by a Battalion-sized unit of mages led by Colonel Sioux. Tanya leads a small group to intercept while the others destroy the defensive cannons allowing the fleet to land and take control of the railroads. In a final confrontation, Tanya shoots and bayonets Colonel Sioux who falls into the sea.|
|8||"Trial by Fire"|
"Hi no Shiren" (火の試練)
|March 3, 2017|
|Republican mages are led by Lieutenant Colonel Severin Bientot to support a rebel uprising in Arene City, a former Republican territory in the Western Theater. Tanya and her Mage Battalion are ordered to intercept them, and destroy all resistance even if it means mean the deaths of the population as well. They find the city heavily defended. Following a refusal to surrender, the city comes under sustained attack from imperial cannon fire causing the citizens to flee. At Strategic Headquarters they debate the ethics of destroying an inhabited city, but Tanya has no qualms about obeying orders to attack. At an Allied hospital, the critically wounded Colonel Sioux slowly recovers from his encounter with Tanya and says that God told him to destroy that Devil.|
|9||"Preparations for Advance"|
"Zenshin Junbi" (前進準備)
|March 10, 2017|
|Some days after the battle at Arene, Tanya meets Major Uger who tells her of a plan to withdraw Imperial forces on the Rhine front to draw the Republic forces into a trap. Hans von Zettour proposed this plan at the Command Strategy Conference and arranged to use Tanya’s Mage Battalion to fight a rearguard action. While the Empire spreads rumors of a large-scale assault, Lieutenant Colonel Erich von Rerugen tells Tanya that the plan for the second phase "Shock and Awe" is to take out the Republic command headquarters and communication system. Doctor Schugal announces a new high-speed rocket weapon, the V-1, to be guided by the mages to the three potential locations of the enemy headquarters. Meanwhile the Republic forces confidently begin their advance into the area vacated by the Imperial troops.|
|10||"Path to Victory"|
"Shōri e no michi" (勝利への道)
|March 17, 2017|
|Colonel Sioux is seen travelling on a ship and plotting his revenge on Tanya. Following their attack on potential locations of the enemy headquarters, Tanya’s battalion proceed to mop up and retreat. At Imperial High Council, the military undergo a grilling on their strategy of withdrawal, accused of exposing Imperial manufacturing facilities to the Republic's attack. They delay their response, stalling for time while waiting for Tanya’s unit to report on their operation. Finally Hans von Zettour announces to the Imperial High Council that the enemy command structure has been destroyed and commencement of the third phase "Operation Lock Pick". It starts with the complete destruction of their former positions on the Rhine, which are now occupied by Alliance forces. Next "Operation Revolving Door" is initiated to encircle and destroy Alliance forces. With no communications, the Alliance forces are in disarray and fall under a sustained counter-attack by Imperial heavy armour and mechanized infantry who completely surround the Alliance forces and proceed to annihilate them. Tanya and her mages take part in the mop-up operation but suddenly come under attack from an Allied Kingdom mage unit with long-range weapons led by Colonel Sioux.|
|March 24, 2017|
|Tanya's diminished smaller company attack the battalion of Allied Kingdom mages rather than retreat. Their company use their altitude advantage but suffer heavy losses, especially when Colonel Sioux uses an illegal Trench Gun. Sioux pursues Tanya and when they come face-to-face she stabs him. She then recognizes him from their previous encounter, but he is possessed by Being X and he grabs her. Viktoriya helps Tanya break free and she empties an entire magazine into Sioux, penetrating his mage defenses. Riddled with bullets, he detonates an explosive, but Tanya and Viktoriya resist the blast just as a battalion of Imperial reinforcements arrive and chase off the Allied Kingdom mages. After the severe losses in the Imperial "surround and destroy" operation, the Republican troops abandon the capital city Parisee. The Imperial High Council congratulates the military on their success, and discuss the acquisition of the Republic's colonies. While the men of the mage unit celebrate on a Republican beach, Tanya and Viktoriya discuss the ending of the war, but Tanya suspects the Republic is planning to evacuate by sea to prepare a counter offensive. She requests permission to attack the Republican military port of Brest, but it is refused and she is also prevented from undertaking her own "reconnaissance". She bemoans this opportunity to end the war.|
|12||"How to Use a Victory"|
"Shōri no tsukaikata" (勝利の使い方)
|March 31, 2017|
|While the Empire celebrates the truce, that could finally lead to an armistice and so at the end of the war, while speaking with von Rerughen Tanya on contrary explains her being aware of the fact that it's just a matter of time for the battles to start again, since the Republic and all other nations will never allow the Empire to become the most powerful country in Europe: but especially because, according to her way to think, refusing to admit defeat and keep fighting no matter the consequences is simply part of the human nature. In fact, the Empire's overwhelming growth finally pushes the remaining superpowers of the World (the Allied Kingdom, the Russy Federation and the Unified States) to form an alliance against the common enemy, and when General Lugo from Tunis proclaims the birth of the Free Republic it becomes clear to the Empire's citizens and soldiers that the war is far from over. While the battles begin once again, Tanya and her squad are sent in Africa to fight against the Free Republic, and while haraunging her men Tanya tells them that the war is the proof that God has failed, and that the power to influence mankind is now in the hands of the Man and, especially, of the soldiers, once again launching her challenge against Being X. Meanwhile, in the Unified States Mary, Sioux's daughter (blessed with Being X's power), joins to the US army in search for vengeance for her father's death.|
The light novels and manga had a combined 3 million copies in print as of April 2018.
- All English titles are taken from Crunchyroll and Funimation.
- "Yōjo Senki Light Novel Series Gets TV Anime". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- "Crunchyroll Announces Winter 2017 Anime Lineup". Crunchyroll. January 20, 2017. Retrieved April 17, 2017.
- "Saga of Tanya the Evil Film Will Be New Sequel to TV Anime". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2018-01-08.
- "Yōjo Senki: Saga of Tanya the Evil Anime's Staff, More of Cast Revealed". Anime News Network. November 24, 2016. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- "Funimation Reveals English Dub Cast For Saga of Tanya the Evil Anime". Anime News Network. January 22, 2017. Retrieved January 22, 2017.
- "幼女戦記". dic.nicovideo.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- "『幼女戦記』第3巻の帯に五十嵐裕美さん、後藤ヒロキさん、石塚運昇さん、金元寿子さんが出演するサウンドドラマのURLが記載！". Animate Times (in Japanese). Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- 幼女戦記 (1) Deus lo vult (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. ASIN 4047291730.
- "Saga of Tanya the Evil, Vol. 1 (light novel)". Yen Press. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- 幼女戦記 (2) Plus Ultra (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. ASIN 4047295698.
- "Saga of Tanya the Evil, Vol. 2 (light novel)". Yen Press. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- 幼女戦記 3 The Finest Hour (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. ASIN 4047300373.
- "The Saga of Tanya the Evil, Vol. 3 (light novel)". Yen Press. Retrieved July 14, 2018.
- 幼女戦記 4 Dabit deus his quoque finem. (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. ASIN 4047304743.
- "The Saga of Tanya the Evil, Vol. 4 (light novel)". Yen Press. Retrieved July 14, 2018.
- 幼女戦記 5 Abyssus abyssum invocat (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. ASIN 4047309028.
- 幼女戦記 6 Nil admirari (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. ASIN 4047342106.
- 幼女戦記 7 Ut sementem feceris, ita metes (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. ASIN 4047344079.
- 幼女戦記 8 In omnia paratus (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. ASIN 4047346551.
- 幼女戦記 9 Omnes una manet nox (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp.
- 幼女戦記 (1) (角川コミックス・エース) (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. ASIN 4041051258.
- "The Saga of Tanya the Evil, Vol. 1 (manga)". Hachette Book Group. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- 幼女戦記 (2) (角川コミックス・エース) (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. ASIN 4041051266.
- "The Saga of Tanya the Evil, Vol. 2 (manga)". Hachette Book Group. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- 幼女戦記 (3) (角川コミックス・エース) (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. ASIN 4041051274.
- "The Saga of Tanya the Evil, Vol. 3 (manga)". Hachette Book Group. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- 幼女戦記 (4) (角川コミックス・エース) (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. ASIN 4041055334.
- "The Saga of Tanya the Evil, Vol. 4 (manga)". Hachette Book Group. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- 幼女戦記 (5) (角川コミックス・エース) (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. ASIN 4041055342.
- 幼女戦記 (6) (角川コミックス・エース) (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. ASIN 4041057663.
- "Books". TVアニメ「幼女戦記」公式サイト. Kadokawa. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- 幼女戦記(8) (in Japanese). Kadokawa. Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- 幼女戦記(9) (in Japanese). Kadokawa. Retrieved 28 June 2018.
- 幼女戦記(10) (in Japanese). Kadokawa. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Yōjo Senki Light Novel Series Gets TV Anime". Anime News Network. January 28, 2016. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- "Yōjo Senki TV Anime's Teaser Video Previews 'Monster' Protagonist". Anime News Network. September 30, 2016. Retrieved September 30, 2016.
- "Crunchyroll, Funimation to Stream Saga of Tanya the Evil, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Hand Shakers, More". Anime News Network. January 3, 2016. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
- "Saga of Tanya the Evil Light Novels Get Anime Film". Anime News Network. January 6, 2018. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- "Saga of Tanya the Evil Film Will Be New Sequel to TV Anime". Anime News Network. January 7, 2018. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (May 7, 2018). "Roundup of Newly Revealed Print Counts for Manga, Light Novel Series (March - May 2018)". Anime News Network. Retrieved May 18, 2018.