The Yahoo! Cloud Serving Benchmark (YCSB) is an open-source specification and program suite for evaluating retrieval and maintenance capabilities of computer programs. It is often used to compare the relative performance of NoSQL database management systems.
The original benchmark was developed by workers in the research division of Yahoo! who released it in 2010 with the stated goal of "facilitating performance comparisons of the new generation of cloud data serving systems", particularly for transaction-processing workloads which differed from ones measured by benchmarks designed for more traditional database management systems. 
YCSB was used by DBMS vendors for "benchmark marketing". It has been used in scholarly or tutorial discussions, particularly for Apache HBase. It has been used for multiple-product comparisons by industry observers such as Network World (comparing Cassandra, MongoDB, and Riak), Thumbtack Technologies (comparing Aerospike, Cassandra, Couchbase, and MongoDB), and the Polytechnic Institute and University of Coimbra (comparing Cassandra, HBase, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Oracle NoSQL, OrientDB, Redis, Scalaris, Tarantool, and Voldemort). SanDisk Corporation published results measured on the Oracle NoSQL Database.
- Original Java Implementation
- GoLang Implementation
- C++ Implementation for LevelDB, RocksDB, LMDB Embedded Key-Value Stores
- C++ Implementation for LevelDB, RocksDB, LMDB, WiredTiger, and UDisk Embedded Key-Value Stores
- Cooper, Brian F; et al. "Benchmarking cloud serving systems with YCSB" (PDF). Yahoo Research.
- Melyssa Barata, Jorge Bernadino and Pedro Furtado; et al. (June 27, 2014). "YCSB and TPC-H: Big Data and Decision Support Benchmarks". 2014 IEEE International Congress on Big Data. IEEE. pp. 800–801. doi:10.1109/BigData.Congress.2014.128. ISBN 978-1-4799-5057-7. S2CID 10756715.
- Monash, Curt. "YCSB benchmark notes". Monash Research.
- Dey, Akon; Nambiar, Raghunath; Fekete, Alan; Röhm, Uwe. "YCSB+T: Benchmarking web-scale transactional databases" (PDF). IEEE.
- Jiang, Lifeng (2012). HBase Administration Cookbook. Packt Publishing.
- Bushik, Sergey (2012-10-22). "A vendor-independent comparison of NoSQL databases". Network World.
- Abel, Avram. "NoSQL Benchmark Compares Aerospike, Cassandra, Couchbase and MongoDB". InfoQ.
- Abramova, Veronika; Bernardino, Jorge; Furtado, Pedro. "Experimental Evaluation of NoSQL Databases" (PDF). International Journal of Database Management Systems.
- "Oracle NoSQL Database Cluster YCSB Testing with Fusion ioMemory Storage" (PDF). June 15, 2016. Retrieved September 20, 2016.