YES Prep Public Schools
|YES Prep Public Schools|
|Motto||Whatever it takes|
|Students and staff|
|Founder/Ex-President||Chris Barbic (SVP)|
YES Prep Public Schools, Inc. is a network of public, open-enrollment charter schools located all throughout Greater Houston. The YES network has its headquarters in the Southwest Management District (formerly Greater Sharpstown), Houston. The YES program is a university-preparatory program for grades 6-12.
YES (which stands for Youth Engaged in Service) began in 1995 as Project YES. The program was founded at Rusk Elementary School in the Houston Independent School District. Since 1998, YES Prep has been operating under a state charter.
Beginning in 2003, YES opened a second campus in northeast Houston, eventually expanding to the fifteen campuses operating today. Over 10,000 students are currently served by the schools.
The YES system was rated as Exemplary and Recognized by the Texas Education Agency for 8 consecutive years, ranking as Houston's best open-enrollment high school by the Houston Chronicle, and a place on Newsweek's Best High Schools in America list for both 2006 (ranked #88) and 2007 (#38). In 2012, YES Prep's Southeast Campus was ranked number four, and its North Central Campus was ranked the number six high school in the Greater Houston Area by Children At Risk.
Senator Ted Cruz (R)Texas, fulfilled his promise to give up his salary during the government shutdown of 2013 by donating $7,627.40, "equal to 16 days of gross pay," to the Houston-based organization, YES Prep, "that he and Heidi support." 
Yes Prep Brays Oaks 2015 Varsity Flag Football East Texas District Champions; East Texas Regional Champions and East Texas State Champion Finalist. YES Prep West 2014-15 Junior Varsity State and District champions. YES Prep Southeast's Basketball program in men's was successful in becoming District 25-AA Co-Champions (2010-2011) along with Hitchcock high school. YES Prep Southeast's Middle School Team placed 2nd place during the Championships. (2012-2013) In 2014, YES Prep Southeast participated in the Texas Charter School Academic & Athletic League and won the state championship for boys' cross country team competition while the girls' team also placed second. Yes Prep Southeast 2015-2016 Varsity Volleyball girls also placed first in the Texas Charter School Academic & Athletic League state championship.
- "Agenda Board of Education Meeting July 18, 2013." Houston Independent School District. G-5 (40 of 77). Retrieved on July 10, 2013. Archived from the original Archived 2013-07-10 at WebCite on June 10, 2013.
- "Contact Yes." YES Prep Public Schools. Retrieved on March 8, 2010.
- "Districts." Greater Sharpstown Management District. Retrieved November 27, 2011. "Mailing Address YES Prep Public Schools 6201 Bonhomme, Suite 168N Houston, TX 77036"
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on November 14, 2012. Retrieved September 10, 2015.
- "Oprah Says YES: Winfrey Supports Great Schools. And So Should We." Houston Chronicle 22 September 2010.