YIMBY is an acronym for Yes In My Back Yard, a pro-development movement in contrast and opposition to the NIMBY phenomenon. Typically the YIMBY movement supports development of new housing in cities where rental costs have escalated to unaffordable levels, though it may also support public-interest projects such as the installation of clean energy sources like wind turbines.
In the United States, early leaders of the YIMBY movement include Sonja Trauss in San Francisco and Nikolai Fedak in New York. The first ever Yes In My Backyard conference was held in Boulder, Colorado, in June 2016.
In Toronto, YIMBY is a platform for city development to initiate hands-on projects "Celebrating a Culture of YES".
- YIMBY - What does YIMBY stand for? The Free Dictionary
- YIMBY Festival brings together Toronto's city-builders | Metro News
- "The Stop’s matchmaking service connects gardens and their keepers | Toronto Star".
- "In Cramped and Costly Bay Area, Cries to Build, Baby, Build - The New York Times".
- "Sure, Build It in My Backyard - The New York Times".
- Yes In My Back Yard! | We are neighbors who say YES!
- "The First-Ever YIMBY Conference Is Happening Right Now - Slog - The Stranger".
- yimbiy - Celebrating a Culture of YES in Toronto
https://nextcity.org/daily/entry/who-are-yimby-first-meeting-boulder http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_30031436/yimby-spirit-simmers-boulder-is-set-rule-co http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/the-san-francisco-activists-who-say-please-build-in-my-backyard/