YMCA of Hong Kong Christian College
|YMCA of Hong Kong Christian College|
|2 Chung Yat Street
|Motto||Fides et Virtus (Faith and Strength)|
|Principal||Mr. Dion Chen|
|Grades||Form 1 to Form 6|
|Houses||Chambers, Morrison, Taylor and Williams|
|Athletics||Cross country, badminton, baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cricket, dragon boat, football, handball, hockey, rugby, table-tennis, taekwando & volleyball|
tel: (852) 2988 8123
The YMCA of Hong Kong Christian College (YHKCC) was established in September 2003. It is the first directly subsidized international secondary school sponsored by the YMCA since its establishment in 1901. It is located at 2 Chung Yat Street, Tung Chung, Hong Kong.
The YMCA of Hong Kong Christian College (YHKCC) was established in September 2003. It is the first directly subsidized international Christian secondary school sponsored by the YMCA of Hong Kong since its establishment in 1901.
The YMCA of Hong Kong has a record of providing all-round social and educational services by means of continuing education, kindergarten education, physical and health education, employment related services, volunteer schemes, personal development and family services. Its hostel, food and beverage services, recreation programmes and international linkage offer strong support to the school.
The YMCA of Hong Kong's stated mission is to fulfill its role as a leading Christian organisation dedicated to the furtherance of justice, peace, hope and truth in our local and international community by:
- Providing opportunities for personal growth and understanding of civic responsibility for our young people, members and the community at large.
- Striving to ascertain social needs and offering services aimed at improving the quality of life of all persons regardless of age, gender, race, culture or religion.
- Fostering international understanding and intercultural harmony.
Academics and curriculum
YHKCC's teaching approach puts students at the centre of the learning process. With the aim to provide student-centered learning and teaching experiences which actively engage students in developing their understanding. In most cases students are placed in appropriate sets according to subject choice and ability.
All subjects at YHKCC are taught in English (except second languages). YHKCC offers both the Hong Kong and British National Curriculum. The Hong Kong curriculum consists of the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) and the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE). However it will be replaced Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) by 2012. The British National Curriculum comprises International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and GCE A/AS-Level .
YHKCC welcomes people of all nationalities and backgrounds. Generally, the minimum eligibility to apply to YHKCC Form 1 is a student’s completion of local or Primary 6 education or an equivalent primary school course from another education system e.g. UK, Canada etc. Parents are Hong Kong Tax Payers / Hong Kong Visa Holders.
- The school has 33 classrooms. Every classroom is equipped with a display board at the back, a computer and 2 projectors-one at the teacher desk and one on the ceiling. Specialist teaching rooms include: 4 Science laboratories (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Integrated Science), Art & Design, Home Economics, Music & Geography.
- IT facilities : One fully equipped IT laboratory. Wi-Fi is available throughout the school.
- Other facilities : Library, dance room, music block( 2 large rooms,Studio 1 & 2), campus TV room(currently defunct),fitness room, an all-weather multi-purpose sports field, 100 metre running tracks, long jump sand-pit, covered playground, 2 basketball courts, football pitch and an Assembly Hall.There is also a general purpose mini-hall,which is currently little-used.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to YMCA of Hong Kong Christian College.|