|Type of site||Entertainment and political weblog|
|Headquarters||Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria|
|Key people||Cheta Nwanze (Managing Editor)|
|Slogan(s)||"The Internet Newspaper for young Nigerians"|
|Alexa rank||13,166 (January 2013[update])|
|Launched||January 1, 2010|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
YNaija is a Nigerian news website and blog founded by Chude Jideonwo and Adebola Williams of Red Africa media group, launched in May 2010, featuring columnists and various news sources. It offers news, original content and covers politics, business, entertainment, environment, technology, popular media, lifestyle, culture, comedy and healthy living.
The Y! brand also includes a television show, a radio show and a hard-copy magazine, patterned on Vanity Fair magazine in terms of its focus on the quality of writing. The hard-copy magazine, Y!, is a 100-150-page glossy monthly publication that initially began as a quarterly.
Since its inception, the brand has been bent on fulfilling its mandate of being, in its own words, “the high priest of Nigerian culture.”
In addition to the Y! Frontpage columns by Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, Tolu Ogunlesi, Kathleen Ndongmo, Japheth J. Omojuwa, Ayo Sogunro and Akintunde Oyebode, there are several other contributors to the Y! Politico, SuperBlogger and 30 Days, 30 Voices series and more on the newspaper, including Abang Mercy, Subomi Plumptre and Ifeanyi Dike Jr.
In 2012, YNaija co-founders Chude Jideonwo and Adebola Williams were included by BusinessDay, in a 40 under 40 list. In February 2013, both Jideonwo and Williams were named in Forbes 30 Under 30: Africa's Best Young Entrepreneurs.
- "YNaija.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-01-13.
- "Top Bloggers In Nigeria 2012 - Webmasters". Nairaland. 2012-02-22. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- "Top Nigerian Bloggers 2012", CP Africa.
- "The first ever Ynaija Hashtag party…. Pause, Tweet, Play..". Olorisupergal.com. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- "YNaija + Choc City = #Hashtag – Photos from debut #Hashtag event". Bella Naija. 2011-07-30. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- "YNaija & Chocolate City presents #Hashtag "Pause. Tweet. Play" – Hosted by Denrele, Oreka Godis & Andre Blaze". Bella Naija. 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- "YNaija #Hashtag Party! See photos of the Very Stylish Fashion & Entertainment Crowd - OnoBello.com: Latest in Fashion, Beauty, News, Features and Events". OnoBello.com. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- "40 UNDER 40: Chude Jideonwu, 27, and Adebola Williams, 26". BusinessDay. September 28, 2012. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "30 Under 30: Africa's Best Young Entrepreneurs". Forbes. 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- Folusho (January 11, 2013). "Latest: Top Nigerian Bloggers 2013". Flameville.com. Retrieved 2013-04-15.