||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article is outdated. (February 2013)|
|Source model||Open source|
|Latest release||2010 (Rolling release) / April 30, 2010|
|Default user interface||KDE Plasma Desktop|
|Official website||[ yoper-linux.org]|
Yoper Linux—Your Operating System—was a Linux distribution for PCs with i686 (Pentium Pro) or higher processor types. It was intended for use on both personal computers and server and used hardware recognition tools known from Knoppix. The defining feature of the distribution was a set of custom optimisations intended to make it the "fastest out-of-the-box distribution."
The project was originally founded by Andreas Girardet and was latterly maintained by Tobias Gerschner. The distribution was scratch-built as opposed to modifying one of the more popular distributions to create a new distribution.
Yoper was discontinued and was operationally dismantled on December 31, 2012.
- "DistroWatch.com: Yoper Linux". Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "About Yoper". Archived from the original on 7 March 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Yoper 3.0 Beta (Blacksand) released". Archived from the original on 2007-05-06. Retrieved 2007-05-19.
- "What are the best features of Linux that are part of Yoper?". Archived from the original on 2007-05-06. Retrieved 2007-05-19.
- "Yoper shutdown". 1 November 2012. Archived from the original on 9 January 2014. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
|This Linux-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|