|Related brands||IFA Hotels and Resorts, Capsule hotels|
|Markets||Netherlands, United Kingdom, and United States|
The company largely operates in airports, including London Gatwick, London Heathrow, and Schiphol. Additional locations include a hotel in Hell's Kitchen near Times Square in New York City, and another one in Singapore set to open in 2017.
In 2002, Simon Woodroffe, Chairman and Founder of YO! Company, drew inspiration from Japanese capsule hotels he discovered on his travels and, infused with a sense of compact luxury from the British Airways first class lounge, the YOTEL concept was born.
The first YOTEL was opened in 2007 at London Gatwick, closely followed by one at Heathrow airport, with 46 and 32 'cabins', as they are named, at each, respectively. In 2009, YOTEL opened a branch at Amsterdam Schiphol airport and the company won the Business Accommodation of the Year award at the Business Travel World Awards.
On 13 June 2011, YOTEL officially opened a New York City Times Square branch at 570 10th Ave, 10036 as a part of the $300 Million MiMA complex which includes residential units. Rockwell Group and Softroom designed the 669 rooms sized at 16 square metres (170 sq ft) each. YOTEL New York has a multi-bar 4,000 square feet (370 m2) balcony, Terrace.
In April 2014, YOTEL opened East & West, a new dining and lounge concept from China Grill Management with a menu created by Executive Chef Bradley Day that pay homage to both eastern and western cuisines  to replace the former sumo wrestling-themed restaurant, Dohyo as run by Richard Sandoval. As of 2015 the group was looking at expanding into other markets, with Miami being hinted as the next location. 
Central to the YOTEL concept is technological innovation. Every hotel features an electronic check-in system  as well as convertible double beds, and a control panel for both lights and air conditioning. In YOTEL New York, rooms are soundproofed, and occupation sensors control both lighting and air conditioning. Famously, the New York hotel is also home to the YOBOT, a robotic luggage concierge that has become a tourist attraction in itself. 
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Lounge 2 on the 2nd floor near passport control
- London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
- London Gatwick Airport South Terminal
- Times Square, New York City
- Robert Bergerson (10 February 2009). "YOTEL chosen best business hotel of the year". Carrentals.co.uk. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- Sokolow, Jesse (17 July 2013). "Yotel to Open 600-Cabin Hotel in Singapore". Accura Media Group.
- Bundhun, Rebecca (9 December 2010). "Yotel hotel chain targets Abu Dhabi and Dubai". The National (Abu Dhabi, AE). Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- "Yotel – Reviews and Ratings of Hotels in London". The New York Times. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- Peter Woodman (7 December 2005). "Pod hotels launch at London airports". Daily Mail. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Revolutionary new hotel concept planned to open in Schiphol Airport". Al Bawaba. 27 November 2007. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "YOTEL- the iPOD of the hotel industry brings affordable luxury to New York" (PDF). London, United Kingdom: YO! Company. 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-13. "Yotel Times Square Review". Bloginity. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- "Awards – Corporate Information – IFA Hotels & Resorts" (PDF). Kuwait: IFA Hotels and Resorts. 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Yotel". New York, NY: Hotel Planner. 18 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- "United States Properties". 2007. Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- "At new NYC hotel, a robot handles the luggage". Wall Street Journal. New York. 22 June 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "Yotel New York at Times Square". New York, NY: NewYorkCity.com. 18 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- "Yotel to open in Times Square". The Globe and Mail. 1 March 2010. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Yotel – Introducing the Robo-Hotel". New York, NY: Urban Daddy. 9 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- Louise, Karen (2014-04-16). "Yotel's New Restaurant Looks East and West". Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- Kludt, Amanda (4 May 2011). "Yotel – Easter NY". London: Easter. Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- "Technology boost could benefit lagging tourism". Korea Joongang Daily. 24 May 2014. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
Another smart hotel called Yotel in New York features a digital check-in system.
- Tamara Hinson (23 August 2013). "The world's most hi-tech hotels". CNN. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- Beaumanis, Viia (2014-04-11). "New Wave of Low Cost Lodging Trade Shabby for Stylish". Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "Amsterdam Schiphol". London, United Kingdom: YO! Company. 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "A Guide to Amsterdam Airport Hotels". FlyerTalk. 2009. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "London Heathrow". London, United Kingdom: YO! Company. 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "London Gatwick". London, United Kingdom: YO! Company. 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "New York". London, United Kingdom: YO! Company. May 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- New York hotel times square & airport hotels – Yotel
- Yotel – LHR T4 – FlyerTalk Forums – photos from an actual stay in a YOTEL LHR T-4 premium cabin