From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Y in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Y is the twenty-fifth letter of the Latin alphabet.
Y or y may also refer to:
Art, entertainment, and media
- Y: The Last Man, a DC comics series by Brian K. Vaughan
- Y (game), a board game played on a triangular board
- Y (novel), a 2012 novel by Marjorie Celona
- "Y", a poem by Patti Smith from her book Early Work (1994)
- Y (EP), a single album by MBLAQ
- Y (The Pop Group album), an album by The Pop Group
- Y. (Bebe album), an album by Spanish singer Bebe
- 01011001 (binary number for 'Y' in ASCII), an album by Dutch progressive metal project Ayreon
- "y", an iamamiwhoami song
Economics and finance
Enterprises and brands
- Alleghany Corporation, NYSE ticker symbol Y
- Brigham Young University, commonly known throughout the Mormon Corridor as "the Y" (as its rival, the University of Utah, is known as "the U")
- Y Combinator (company), American seed brand
- Y-Front a trademark for briefs by Jockey International, used in Britain as a synonym of briefs
- YM-YWHA, aka "the Y"
- YMCA, aka "the Y"
- YWCA, aka "the Y"
- Y combinator, a fixed-point combinator in combinatory logic
- Y, the Bessel function
- Y, dependent variable
- Y, vertical axis in the Cartesian coordinate system
- Admittance, the inverse of electrical impedance, Z
- Haplogroup Y (mtDNA)
- Luminance (video), in many video color models, such as YIQ and YUV
- Tyrosine, abbreviated Y or Tyr
- Y boson
- Y chromosome
- Year (y), a non-SI abbreviation for this unit of time
- Yellow, in the CMYK color model
- Yocto- (y), the SI prefix for 10−24
- Yotta (Y), the SI prefix for 1024
- Yttrium, chemical symbol Y
- Y, a hypothetical stellar class of ultra-cool dwarf stars
Transportation and travel
- Y (New York City Subway service), an unused New York City Subway service label
- Basque Y, a Spanish high-speed rail network so called for its Y shape
- Y, code for economy class
- Ⓨ, a typographical symbol in Japanese resale price maintenance
- Generation Y
- Y-shape, the shape that resembles the letter Y
- Y-stations, World War 2 listening stations
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Y.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.