|Labels||Recordiau Anhrefn, Sain, Ankst, Rasal Cyf.|
Y Cyrff (1984–1992; English: The Bodies) was a popular Welsh language indie band in the 1980s. The band came from Llanrwst, Conwy, and the line-up included Mark Roberts (vocals and guitar), Barry Cawley (guitar), Paul Jones (bass) and Dylan Hughes (drums). Dylan left to join Welsh punks Yr Anhrefn and Mark Kendall took Dylan's place. One of their popular songs is Cymru, Lloegr a Llanrwst (Wales, England and Llanrwst). Television appearances include: Stid, Roc Rol Te and Heno Heno Heno. They performed at the Llanrwst Eisteddfod in 1989.
After Y Cyrff split up, Mark Roberts and Paul Jones went on to form Catatonia. They subsequently formed a band called Y Ffyrc (The Forks), an anagram of Y Cyrff, then Sherbet Antlers and since 2014 a Cardiff-based soul band called The Earth.
Barry Cawley, who later worked as a guitar technician with Catatonia, was killed in 2000 when his bike was hit by a car near Llanrwst.
Mark "Corned Beef Face" Kendall presently whiles away his days at the local Pen-y-Bryn inn, and has come to be regarded as the local washed up, has-been eccentric.
- Dan y Cownter - ("Under the Counter")
- Y Testament Newydd - ("The New Testament")
- Yr Atgyfodi (1989) - ("The Resurrection")
- Awdl o Anobaith - ("Ode to Despair")
- Llawenydd Heb Ddiwedd (1991) - ("Endless Joy")
- Mae Ddoe Yn Ddoe (1992) - ("Yesterday is Yesterday")
- Damwain Mewn Ffatri Cyllell a Ffyrc - ("Accident in a Knife & Fork Factory")
- Atalnod Llawn (2005) - ("Full Stop")
- Yr Haint - ("The Disease")
- Pum Munud - ("Five Minutes")
- Cadwyni - ("Chains")
- Hwyl Fawr Heulwen - ("Good-bye Sunshine")
- "Link2Wales webpage". Link2wales.co.uk. 2000-09-30. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "Seren webpage". Seren.blogspirit.com. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "Safle website". Safle.com. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "BBC Hall of Fame - Mark Roberts". Bbc.co.uk. 1967-11-18. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- Mari Jones. "North Wales Weekly News webpage". Northwalesweeklynews.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
|This Wales-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a United Kingdom band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|