Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Pedro Pablo Ibarra|
|Written by||Alberto Bremer|
|Music by||Manuel Riveiro|
|Distributed by||Pantelion Films|
|Box office||$14.1 million|
Ya veremos is a 2018 Mexican comedy drama film directed by Pedro Pablo Ibarra, and written by Alberto Bremer. The film stars Mauricio Ochmann, Fernanda Castillo, and Emiliano Aramayo. The film was released nationally in Mexico by Videocine on 2 August 2018, and debuted at the top of the box office, reaching a first four-day weekend gross of 73 million Mexican Pesos, the second-best all-time opening weekend for a Mexican film after Instructions Not Included.
Santi (Emiliano Aramayo) is a child who has had to deal with the separation of his parents, Rodrigo (Mauricio Ochmann) and Alejandra (Fernanda Castillo). They are required to meet once in a while, as they share their child's time. One day they receive the news that Santi must undergo surgery so as not to lose his sight, so Santi makes a wish list and asks to fulfill it together with his two parents, before the operation. Rodrigo and Alejandra must learn to coexist again, embarking (without suspecting it) on a trip that, in the end, will make it very difficult to separate again.
- Mauricio Ochmann as Rodrigo
- Fernanda Castillo as Alejandra
- Emiliano Aramayo as Santi
- Estefania Ahumada as Irma
- Erik Hayser
- Jorge Caballero
- Camila Ibarra
The film was released in Mexico on 2 August 2018, and finished at the top of the box office, reaching a first four-day weekend gross of 73 million Mexican Pesos ($3.3 million), the second-best all-time opening weekend for a Mexican film after Instructions Not Included.
In its opening weekend in the US the film made $1.8 million in its opening weekend (including $2.2 million over the four-day Labor Day weekend) from 369 theaters.
The film received lukewarm reception by critics. On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 0% based on 10 reviews with an average rating of 4.2/10. On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 25 out of 100, based on 4 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".
Writing for The Hollywood Reporter, Frank Scheck criticized the "juvenile humor and ersatz emotion" and wrote, "The film might have proved tolerable, barely, if the two adult leads had any spark of chemistry, but such is not the case. Ochmann attempts to bring boyish charm to his performance but merely comes across as immature, while Castillo goes overboard in the other direction with her stiffness. We never come to care whether their characters get back together, which is the kiss of death in a romantic comedy."
- "Ya Veremos (2018)". The Numbers. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "Mauricio Ochmann para toda la familia". eluniversal.com.mx (in Spanish). Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Fernanda Castillo y Mauricio Ochmann ruedan 'Ya veremos'". teleprograma.diezminutos.es (in Spanish). Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "No la quitan del trono en la taquilla mexicana a "Ya veremos"". elsoldepuebla.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- "Ya Veremos". boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 3 June 2018.
- Smithee, Alan. "Ya Veremos – Tráiler". dosismedia.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (September 2, 2018). "'Crazy Rich Asians' Accumulates Wealth Over Labor Day With $116M+ Total; Bigger Than 'The Help' & 'The Butler'". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Business Media. Retrieved September 2, 2018.
- "Ya Veremos (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- "Ya Veremos Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- "Ya Veremos". Retrieved 16 September 2018.