The gorge of Yabakei (耶馬渓) is a nationally designated Place of Scenic Beauty spanning the municipalities of Kusu and Nakatsu in Ōita Prefecture, Japan. Located within Yaba-Hita-Hikosan Quasi-National Park, it was selected as one of the 100 Landscapes of Japan during the Shōwa era. Yabakei was formerly the name of a town, but was merged into Nakatsu Municipality in 2005. According to Fire and Disaster Management Agency of Japan, official confirmed report, in despite the absence of rain, suddenly landslides occurred on the mountain slope, three houses were buried in the place and six people lost their lives on 11 April 2018.[page needed]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yabakei.|
- "耶馬渓". Agency for Cultural Affairs. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- "Yabakei". Nakatsu City. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- "耶馬渓". Ōita Prefecture. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- "石鎚／北九州／玄海／耶馬日田英彦山". National Parks Association of Japan. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- "日本八景(昭和2年)の選定内容" (PDF). Ministry of the Environment. Retrieved 14 February 2012.