Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
Yadavalli Suryanarayana (Telugu: యడవల్లి సూర్యనారాయణ) (1888–1939) was an Indian film actor, and thespian known for his works in Telugu cinema, and Telugu theatre. He made his transition from theater to cinema in 1932. He contributed to the Telugu theatre for over three decades.
He toured Andhra Pradesh with Mylavaram Balabharati Nataka Samajam of Vijaywada and Seetharamanjaneya Nataka Samajam of Eluru. He portrayed many roles in plays such as Satyavan in Savithri, Rama in Rama Paduka Pattabhishekam, Dushyant in Shakuntala, Sarangadhara in Sarangadhara, Arjuna in Gayopakhyanam, Bahuka in Chitranaleeyam, and as Duryodhana in Veni Samharam, Draupadi Vastrapaharanam and Pandava Udyoga Vijayam plays.
He died at the age of 50 in 1939.
- 1932 : Rama Paduka Pattabhishekam as Rama
- 1932 : Shakuntala as Dushyant
- 1934 : Seeta Kalyanam
- 1936 : Draupadi Vastrapaharanam as Duryodhana
- Suryanarayana Yadavalli, Luminaries of 20th Century, Part 2, Potti Sriramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad, 2005, pp: 1012.
- "Encyclopedia of Indian Cinema - Google Books". Books.google.co.in. Retrieved 2016-05-30.
- "Draupadi Vasthrapaharanam (1936) - Vijayawada". The Hindu. 2010-12-12. Retrieved 2016-05-30.