This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Yaesu FT-450 is an entry level amateur radio transceiver made by Yaesu. It transmits on eleven amateur bands, from 160 meters through 6 meters. It also has a receive frequency coverage of 30 kHz to 56 MHz. The FT-450 features an IF-DSP (width, notch filter, contour and noise blanker functions), which is uncommon for its price range.
In addition to the front-end features the Yaesu FT-450 provides complete computer and accessories interface connections on the back panel. The DATA (6 pin) jack provides receiver audio and squelch signals and PTT control from an external packet TNC. The TUNER (8 pin) jack or DIN connector is used for the Yaesu FC-30 or FC-40 external automatic antenna tuner. The LINEAR (10 pin) output jack provides band selection data, commonly used for the optional VL-1000 solid-state linear amplifier. The CAT (9 pin DB-9) jack allows COM serial port external computer interface, with amateur radio software, to control the FT-450.
Yaesu FT-450 models provide digital voice announcement – "select frequency, mode, meter reading" for visual impaired amateur radio operators.
- Transmit frequency coverage: 160 – 6 meters
- Receive frequency coverage: 30 kHz – 56 MHz
- Power output: 100 watts (160 – 6 meters)
- Operating modes: USB, LSB, CW, AM, FM
- 400 MHz built-in IF-DSP
- Built-in electronic keyer
- Multi-color LCD multi-function display
- Bar-graph metering
- Built-in TCXO ± 1 PPM/hour (after warmup)
- AGC Fast-Slow-Auto-Off selection
- IF width & shift, contour, digital NR, manual notch filter
- Dedicated data jack for FSK-RTTY
- Optional internal antenna tuner (ATU-450)
- Optional carry handle
- Built-in CTCSS
- User functions configurable by menu
- Digital voice announcement of frequency, mode and S-meter
- Clarifier adjustment
- 500 regular memories
- Two voice memories
- CW beacon function (up to 118 characters)
- 10 kHz roofing filter
The current FT-450D supersedes the original FT-450 and FT-450AT models that have been discontinued, and changes the following:
- Internal tuner standard
- Illuminated key buttons
- Display color no longer selectable
- 300 Hz / 500 Hz / 2.4 kHz CW IF filters
- Front feet stands
- "Classically-designed" main dial and knobs (IF shift, DSP/select, tuning, SQL/RF gain & AF gain)
- The MH-67A8J hand microphone is replaced with the MH-31A8J hand microphone
Weak antenna tuner: Users report that the internal antenna tuner is weak, and only capable of tuning a 3:1 SWR antenna or better.
- G3XBM, Roger. "FT-450D: TX hum and optical encoder problems really fixed?".
- "Problem with Yaesu FT-450D VFO rotary encoder". QRZ. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- KM0K. "www.eham.net". Eham. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- WS4E - Ham Radio And Other Stuff http://ws4e.blogspot.kr/2011/08/ft-450-jack-repair.html. Missing or empty
- "Yaesu FT-450D Transceiver". The Survival Podcast Forum. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Yaesu FT-450 HF and 6 Meter Transceiver Product Review". QST. Newington, Connecticut: ARRL. December 2007.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yaesu FT-450.|