The name of the station is a combination of two characters from the names of two small towns which merged: the 矢 from Yada (矢田) and the 神 from Kamikōjiro (上神代).
- 1930-02-10: Yagami Station opens when the Sanshin Line between Bitchū Kōjiro Station and Yagami is opened.
- 1930-11-25: Service to Tōjō Station begins.
- 2006-03-18: Express train service begins (one morning train only, all other express trains bypass Yagami Station)
Platform and building
Yagami Station is a ground-level station having two platforms.
All lines are JR West lines.
- Geibi Line
- Express: Niimi Station — Yagami Station — Tōjō Station
- Local: Ichioka Station — Yagami Station — Nochi Station
- (Japanese) JR West