|Timo Ullmann (managing director)|
Number of employees
Yager was founded in 1999 by Uwe Bennecke, Roman Golka, Philipp Schellbach, Timo Ullmann and Mathias Wiese. They are best known for developing Yager (2003) and Spec Ops: The Line (2012). The studio also worked with Deep Silver on Dead Island 2, until Deep Silver cut ties with Yager in July 2015, three years into the game's development. Subsequently, Yager Productions GmbH, the Yager Development sub-studio set up for the development of Dead Island 2, filed for insolvency later that month. The studio is working on and has released The Cycle as an early access game on the Epic Games Store, which is described as a “competitive quest game”. As of January 2020, the company employs 110 people.
The company received an investment from Tencent Holdings in February 2020, giving Tencent a minority ownership. According to Yager, Tencent's investment was to help with their development and publication of their current and future games.
|2003||Yager||Microsoft Windows, Xbox||DreamCatcher Interactive, Kemco, THQ|
|2012||Spec Ops: The Line||Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360||2K Games|
|2017||Dreadnought||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4||Grey Box|
|2019 (early access)||The Cycle||Microsoft Windows||Yager Development|
- Lindemann, Thomas (22 December 2012). "Porträt der Berliner Games-Entwickler von "Yager Design"". Das Games-Feuilleton (in German).
- Gießler, Denis (21 November 2018). "Video Games In East Germany: The Stasi Played Along". Die Zeit.
- Futter, Mike (14 July 2015). "[Update] Deep Silver Drops Yager As Developer Of Dead Island 2, Yager Offers Comment". Game Informer.
- Hurley, Leon (29 July 2015). "Yager's fine. It's just the Dead Island 2 bit that's shut down". GamesRadar+.
- Senior, Tom (20 March 2019). "The Cycle is a 'competitive quester' coming from Spec Ops studio Yager". PC Gamer.
- Dornbush, Jonathon (19 August 2019). "Yager's The Cycle Now Out in Early Access on Epic Games Store". IGN.
- Fröhlich, Petra (10 January 2020). "Die größten Spiele-Entwickler in Deutschland 2020" [The largest game developers in Germany 2020]. GamesWirtschaft (in German).
- Ivan, Tom (10 February 2020). "Tencent invests in Spec Ops: The Line studio Yager". Video Games Chronicle. Retrieved 10 February 2020.