|Yagutil Israelovich Mishiev|
Yagutil Mischiev March 24, 2012
29 March 1927 |
Qırmızı Qəsəbə, Azerbaijan Republic of USSR
1997: Honored Teacher of the Russian Federation
Yagutil Israelovich Mishiev (Russian: Мишиев, Ягутил Израилович; Hebrew: יאגוטיל מישייב; born March 29, 1927 in Qırmızı Qəsəbə, Azerbaijan Republic of USSR) — writer, author of books about the history of Derbent, Dagestan, Russia. The distinguished Teacher of the Republic of Dagestan and the Russian Federation.
Yagutil Mishiev was born on March 29, 1927 in Qırmızı Qəsəbə (English: Red Town - a village and municipality in the Quba Rayon of Azerbaijan, USSR). In 1943 he finished school because of the need for teachers and was sent to complete teachers courses. In that same year, in September, at 16 years old, he started teaching in school. In 1944, he completed a diploma program using methods of distance learning with a degree from The Kuban Pedagogical College, Kuba, Azerbaijan. In 1945, while working at a school, he started a math degree at the Kuban Pedagogical Institute. In 1947, he attained a diploma of a teacher of physics and mathematics.
From 1943 to 1951, he actively helped the board of the municipality of Kuba, Azerbaijan to prepare documents to award a medal to those who worked on the labor front of World War II. The medal is called Doblisneye Trud, valiant work during World War II from 1941–1945. In 1946, he was asked by the head of the Kuba military enlistment office to complete a census of veterans in order to be able to award them the medal entitled For the Victory Over Germany in the Great Patriotic War 1941–1945. In 1951, the Mishiev family moved to Derbent, a city in the Dagestan Republic of Russia. From 1954, Yagutil Mishiev worked as a teacher of mathematics in The School for Working Youth, also titled School №1. In 1963, he got a master's degree of a math teacher from Dagestan State University. For many years, Mishiev worked as the director of the Museum of Regional Studies. Mishiev also collected unique materials of the history of the city. From 1976 to 1991, Mishiev worked as the principal of School №11 in Derbent. From 1991 to 1997, Yagutil Israelovich Mishiev worked as a chief specialist in the City Department of Education.
Since 1997, Mishiev resides in Rishon Letzion, Israel. In Israel, Mishiev has written several books about the history and the historical architectural monuments of the city of Derbent. His titles include A Long Road of 5000 Years and Derbent and World Civilization. Also, he wrote a Russian-English Dictionary of Mathematical Terms. That work was written for pupils, students, teachers and parents. A book Our Roots, Mishiev wrote a record of his family and their doings. His latest book, Only memory does not get old was devoted to the history of Jewish civilization.
Museum of Regional Studies
In 1952, the Commission of the Ministry of Culture of Russia ordered the closure of the museum of regional studies because the exhibits did not meet the minimum requirements for a particular historical period as laid out by the Ministry for a museum. Recommendations were made for certain changes, after which the museum could reopen. It was necessary for new leadership of the museum. The Department of Culture of the city of Derbent sent Mishiev to work on the museum. Mishiev started to create a new exposition. In 1953, the museum was able to re-open. Working for years in the museum, Mishiev traveled around the Derbent District to collect unique materials and information about the history of the city. He studied the archives of the city of Derbent as well as the Azerbaijan State Museum of History in Baku and also in The Regional Museum of Dagestan in Makhachkala. Soon, scholars of Dagestan, the Academy of Sciences of the USSR and the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences started to inquire on various issues related to the museum. In the second half the 50s, the museum started to promote the history of the historic city of Derbent and educate people about it. Mishiev conducted lectures and regularly appeared in the pages of the city’s newspaper titled Znamya Kommunizma, (The Banner of Communism) as well as in the regional newspaper titled Leninchi, written in the Azerbaijani language. The museum work that started in 1952 became a part of his life.
- Russian-English Dictionary of Mathematical Terms. Written in 1999.
- Historical accounts of the events in the city of Derbent of a 5,000 year period
- A Long Road of 5,000 Years. Written in 2002.
- Derbent and World Civilization. Written in 2005.
- History of His Family Roots
- Our Roots. Written in 2008.
- History of Jewish Civilization
- Only memory does not get old. Written in 2013.
- The Soviet Historical Encyclopedia – Derbent
- Novei Rubej (New Frontier Magazine) - Memories of the past, about the life of their ancestors - it is our duty!
- In the 60s and 70s he wrote articles in the newspaper Znamya Kommunizma (The Banner of Communism), currently called Derbentskiye Novestye (The News of Derbent) about the stories behind the monuments of Derbent.
- 1967: Highest Level Award of Recognition from the Ministry of Culture of the RSFSR
- 1994: Distinguished Teacher of the Republic of Dagestan
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yagutil Mishiev.|
- Awarded for many years of diligent work. The Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR and Supreme Soviet Presidium of the Dagestan ASSR. June 28, 1984
- Awarded for gallant and selfless work during the Great Patriotic War. The Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR. July 31, 1992.
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation, Boris Yeltsin. March 22, 1995.
- Awarded for services to training and educating students and many years of hard work. Decree of the President of the Russian Federation, Boris Yeltsin. July 21, 1997.
- Y.I. Mishiev - Our roots. (Russian: Я. И. Мишиев - «Наши корни»). Published in 2008, Rostov-on-Don, Russia.
- M. Karina. — M. Karina. - Dreams of Derbent
- "Elkhan Shaul 07/28/2011 - ''Yagutil Mishiev''". Stmegi.net. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- "Journal of Vatan. Hana Rafael. - ''Geglue zindeguni reh.'' An article about the life of Y.I. Mishiev. Translated from Russian to Tat - May Boruhova". Vatan.etnosmi.ru. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- 2000 words and terms.
- Y.I. Mishiev - Only memory does not get old. (Russian: Я. И. Мишиев - «Только память не стареет»). Published in 2014, Makhachkala, Dagestan.
- Y.I. Mishiev - Derbent and World Civilization. (Russian: Я. И. Мишиев - «Дербент и мировая цивилизация»). Published in 2005, Rostov-on-Don, Russia.
- Y.I. Mishiev - Russian-English Dictionary of Mathematical Terms. (Russian: Я. И. Мишиев - «Русско-Английский Словарь Математических Терминов»). Published in 1999, Makhachkala, Dagestan, Russia.
- Y.I. Mishiev - Long Road of Five Thousand Years. (Russian: Я. И. Мишиев - «Дорога длиною в пять тысяч лет»). Published in 2002, Rostov-on-Don, Russia.
- "Journal ''Prodzhi'' - 11th edition". Proji.ru. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- Soviet Historical Encyclopedia. - Moscow: Soviet Encyclopedia. Under the reduction of: Evgeniy Mikhailovich Zhukov. 1973-1982. Y.I. Mishiev - Derbent
- "Dictionaries and Encyclopedias on Academics - Y.I. Mishiev - Derbent". Academic.ru.
- "Journal of ''The New Frontier''. - №68, May, 2009, P.22." (PDF). Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- Decree of the State Council of Dagestan. December 7, 1994.