Yahudi Ki Ladki
Yahudi Ki Ladki (The Jew's Daughter) is a historical Urdu play by Agha Hashar Kashmiri, on the theme of persecution of Jews by the Romans. It was first published in 1913. The play became his best known work, and a classic in Parsi-Urdu theatre.
The play was adapted several times, in the silent films , the early talkies era and later, attesting to its popularity. Notably the play was made into a film Yahudi Ki Ladki (1933) by New Theatres Ltd. Calcutta, directed by Premankur Atorthy and starring K. L. Saigal.It was made into a film again in 1957  and in 1958, it was adapted again by noted director, Bimal Roy, as Yahudi starring Dilip Kumar, Meena Kumari and Sohrab Modi. A 50th anniversary version was also adapted in 1963.
In 1981, theater director Nadira Babbar, started her theater group Ekjute (Together), with the production of Yahudi Ki Ladki, which revived the Parsi theatre style, and is considered one of its finest.
- Agha Hashr Kashmiri. Yahudi Ki Ladki. Rajkamal Prakashan. ISBN 978-81-267-0252-7.
- Rinki Roy Bhattacharya (2009). Bimal Roy: The Man who spoke in pictures. Penguin Books Limited. pp. 297–. ISBN 978-81-8475-818-4.
- Ashish Rajadhyaksha; Paul Willemen (2014). Encyclopedia of Indian Cinema. Taylor & Francis. p. 1994. ISBN 978-1-135-94325-7.
- Meghnad Desai (2013). PAKEEZAH. HarperCollins Publishers India. pp. 44–. ISBN 978-93-5116-023-6.
- Anil Zankar (2013). MUGHAL-E-AZAM. HarperCollins Publishers India. pp. 33–. ISBN 978-93-5029-764-3.
- Rajadhyaksha, Willemen, Ashish, Paul (2014). Encyclopedia of Indian Cinema (2 Revised. ed.). Routledge. ISBN 9781135943257.
- With direction by SD Nairang, starring Pradeep Kumar and Madhubala, music by Hemant Kumar and script/screenplay by late Hakim Ahmad Shuja. See Yahudi_Ki_Ladki_(1957_film)
- "Indian theatre at the crossroads". The Tribune. 25 June 2000. Retrieved 2014-08-27.
|This Indian theatre-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a play from the 1910s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|